Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-18-2013, 09:25 PM   #15
GnyaTek

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJETSFAN View Post
Nice location TEK, easy to get to if you need it asap
Yeah, it really is completely out of the way for me since I don't really use the backseat for anything so have no need to move the seat much (though is quite simple to pop the extinguisher out, move the seat, then drop it back into the bracket when done ... takes about 2 seconds to have it loose and in hand, then just yank the pin, aim, and use.

It barely is noticeable, and when I point it out at shows/drag strip, folks have really liked the setup... I should probably make a bunch up and sell them (with metal extenders for shorter folks)!
GnyaTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:49 PM   #16
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frid View Post
You don't need NOS haha. YOu have enough trouble hooking up to put the car in the garage
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:24 PM   #17
PonyKiller74

Drives: 2012 Triple Black ZL1 M6
Send a message via AIM to PonyKiller74 Send a message via Yahoo to PonyKiller74
Excuse me for sounding like a nimrod.... Why the fire extinguisher? is there that big of fear of our car setting on fire?
CenterForce DYAD Dual Disc Clutch, JDP stage 2 Clutch Reservoir, Rotofab CF CAI with Big Gulp and WW Reservoir Relocate, Stainess Works LT Headers and Retro Cat-Back with Cat Delete, MGW ST Shifter with custom Knob, CF Tail light Bezels, more to come...
Build Thread for my Z is in the works.....
PonyKiller74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:36 PM   #18
GnyaTek

Some car shows and racing events require each participant to have a fire extinguisher at the car at all times (is a safety/liability issue for the sponsors of the show - insurance rates for the show hosts may be lower with these requirements). In case of a fire at the show, they have a lot of folks right there on the spot with equipment to deal with it prior to it getting out of control. Fires aren't common, but when you have custom cars, there is a higher risk.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:40 PM   #19
PonyKiller74

Drives: 2012 Triple Black ZL1 M6
Send a message via AIM to PonyKiller74 Send a message via Yahoo to PonyKiller74
Quote:
Originally Posted by GnyaTek View Post
Some car shows and racing events require each participant to have a fire extinguisher at the car at all times (is a safety/liability issue for the sponsors of the show - insurance rates for the show hosts may be lower with these requirements). In case of a fire at the show, they have a lot of folks right there on the spot with equipment to deal with it prior to it getting out of control. Fires aren't common, but when you have custom cars, there is a higher risk.

That clears that up. Thank you. I haven't been in or participated in any shows yet and will in the future so I will def get one and have it on hand.
CenterForce DYAD Dual Disc Clutch, JDP stage 2 Clutch Reservoir, Rotofab CF CAI with Big Gulp and WW Reservoir Relocate, Stainess Works LT Headers and Retro Cat-Back with Cat Delete, MGW ST Shifter with custom Knob, CF Tail light Bezels, more to come...
Build Thread for my Z is in the works.....
PonyKiller74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:48 PM   #20
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frid View Post
You don't need NOS haha. YOu have enough trouble hooking up to put the car in the garage
Ouch.
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:51 PM   #21
GnyaTek

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyKiller74 View Post
That clears that up. Thank you. I haven't been in or participated in any shows yet and will in the future so I will def get one and have it on hand.
Not all require them. Most of the antique auto shows (AACA, VCCA, etc) do have requirements, but most local shows and cruise-ins won't.

None of the shows that I have been to required them, but I was considering an autocross racing event that did have the requirement (turns out, I wasn't able to make the event!) ... but now am prepared. And I originally planned to remove it between race events, but figured since it wasn't in the way, I would leave it in case of need on the road.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:38 AM   #22
GB EB

Drives: 2014 Stingray 2LT/Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by GnyaTek View Post
Not all require them. Most of the antique auto shows (AACA, VCCA, etc) do have requirements, but most local shows and cruise-ins won't.

None of the shows that I have been to required them, but I was considering an autocross racing event that did have the requirement (turns out, I wasn't able to make the event!) ... but now am prepared. And I originally planned to remove it between race events, but figured since it wasn't in the way, I would leave it in case of need on the road.

Even if not required most shows give you points for an extinguisher and first aid kit..... (at least my experience thus far)

*TROPHY RECIPIENT - GREATEST SHOW ON TURF 9/11/11*
*1ST PLACE MODERN MUSCLE - CORONADO SPEED FESTIVAL 9/23/11*
*AWARD OF EXCELLENCE - GOOD GUYS DEL MAR FALL NATIONALS 11/27/11*
*1ST PLACE / '82&UP CAMARO/FIREBIRD- FORT WALTON BEACH FF SHOW 2/16/13*
BUILD THREAD: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120353
GB EB is offline   Reply With Quote