Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-24-2015, 01:10 PM   #1
crc91

Drives: '14 1LS
Where could I go for a built engine?

As some of you guys know the mace cams are becoming a real possibility again for our cars. This is exciting news and could really raise the performance potential of the LFX. These cams are suppose to be good for NA or FI. If the cams end up making good power I may stay NA if I needa little more I can always go FI. However either way I'd like to get my motor built to handle more power safely. Obviously the build of the engine will change slightly dependin on if I stay NA and or go FI. Or even if the mace cams prove to be a viable option.

So my million dollar question is who/where can I go to to get my motor built. I contacted GPI but no response, there contact form doesn't seem to go through so I tried FB still no response. Though they might just be busy.

I tried for the off chance of ligenfelter and Hennessy to see if they would be willing to tackle the challenege of the LFX.

Ligenfelter hasn't responded yet and Hennessy said they only do v8 and up however they also use to do the GTR so idk.

Any opinions or advice?

Patiently waiting for my 2023 SS 1LE
crc91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 01:22 PM   #2
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
I'll reach out to GPI for you. They are really busy right now, and they were having internet connectivity issues this week.

Would you be interested in buy an already built engine (you could keep yours in case something went wrong down the road), or a swap? I'm selling my car, and I'll probably get more if it had a stock motor.
Old 04-24-2015, 01:29 PM   #3
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
I'll reach out to GPI for you. They are really busy right now, and they were having internet connectivity issues this week.

Would you be interested in buy an already built engine (you could keep yours in case something went wrong down the road), or a swap? I'm selling my car, and I'll probably get more if it had a stock motor.
What do you want for it?
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 01:35 PM   #4
GretchenGotGrowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JantzenOKC View Post
What do you want for it?
Well, I need to get with GPI. Basically, they are buying it from me and then they will either sell it as is, swap in a stock motor/tranny and sell it, or part it out. I'll post something in the classified section once Aaron tells me how he wants to proceed (don't want us to get in trouble for putting stuff in the wrong section). Anyone interested in parts can just PM me well. I'll get back to you as soon as I can.
Old 04-24-2015, 01:46 PM   #5
JantzenOKC

Quote:
Well, I need to get with GPI. Basically, they are buying it from me and then they will either sell it as is, swap in a stock motor/tranny and sell it, or part it out. I'll post something in the classified section once Aaron tells me how he wants to proceed (don't want us to get in trouble for putting stuff in the wrong section). Anyone interested in parts can just PM me well. I'll get back to you as soon as I can.
Ok well I'll have to keep my eye out in the classified section I don't go in there much. I'm sure they wouldn't have a problem selling the motor as long as they didn't want a fortune for it. How many miles and passes have you put on the new motor?
Old 04-24-2015, 01:49 PM   #6
GretchenGotGrowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JantzenOKC View Post
Ok well I'll have to keep my eye out in the classified section I don't go in there much. I'm sure they wouldn't have a problem selling the motor as long as they didn't want a fortune for it. How many miles and passes have you put on the new motor?
We just refreshed the motor when we fixed the spun bearing and bent crank. Since then it has had about 100 miles on it and no passes at the track.

Anyone interested just PM me and I'll be sure to let you know when I post stuff in classified. Since GPI is a vendor on this site, they may just want to post something themselves.
Old 04-24-2015, 01:57 PM   #7
JantzenOKC

Quote:
We just refreshed the motor when we fixed the spun bearing and bent crank. Since then it has had about 100 miles on it and no passes at the track.

Anyone interested just PM me and I'll be sure to let you know when I post stuff in classified. Since GPI is a vendor on this site, they may just want to post something themselves.
PM sent.
Old 04-24-2015, 02:14 PM   #8
crc91

Send me a pm as well Gretchen. And if you could reach out to GPI for me I'd appreciate it. Or if you could even get them to post here. And I got no problem with you or GPI posting pricing in this thread the more info the better. We need more built LFXs around here!

Old 04-24-2015, 02:20 PM   #9
GretchenGotGrowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by crc91 View Post
Send me a pm as well Gretchen. And if you could reach out to GPI for me I'd appreciate it. Or if you could even get them to post here. And I got no problem with you or GPI posting pricing in this thread the more info the better. We need more built LFXs around here!
It's not you, the mods don't want people to post prices in this section of the forums. I'll PM you when I know more.

I've already sent Aaron a text message. There has been a lot of road work around their shop and I think their internet connection got messed up this week. You probably won't see them online until it gets fixed. But I'll be glad to relay information as I get it.
Old 04-25-2015, 12:23 AM   #10
crc91

Awesome thanks Gretchen!

Tags
built, camaro, engine, gpi, lfx