Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 12-31-2012, 04:04 PM   #1
jake1811

Drives: 2012 bumble bee camaro
pfadt, pedders, or eibach suspension?

which suspension lowers the car the most and is an all around better spring?
jake1811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:22 PM   #2
Matt @ FSP

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Any of those brand coil springs will get you the look you are aiming for. Really depends on personal preference at that point. I had the Pfadt lowering springs on my personal car before going over to the full coilovers, will never look back now!

We have Pfadt items on sale with free shipping now. I cannot post prices since this is not the marketplace but shoot me a PM with any questions.

- Matt
Matt @ FSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:47 PM   #3
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake1811 View Post
which suspension lowers the car the most and is an all around better spring?
I believe Pedders and Eibach are both 1 inch lowering springs and Pfadt is 1.25 inch. With lowering springs you don't want to go much lower than that. Ride quality and damper service life will begin to suffer if you push it to far. Of the three, none of them are bad products. Like Matt, I prefer the Pfadt springs because I like the lower stance and the ride of their springs.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:02 PM   #4
Matt @ FSP

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
I believe Pedders and Eibach are both 1 inch lowering springs and Pfadt is 1.25 inch. With lowering springs you don't want to go much lower than that. Ride quality and damper service life will begin to suffer if you push it to far. Of the three, none of them are bad products. Like Matt, I prefer the Pfadt springs because I like the lower stance and the ride of their springs.
Hit it on the head. Thanks Chase for posting the lowering dimensions, I totally forgot to post them!
Matt @ FSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:37 PM   #5
stros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Been happy with my Pedders springs. They offer a 1.3 inch front drop...and 2 options rear (1.5 or 1 inch if you want more rake). I went with the 1.5. Ride is definitely stiffer but not too harsh. I love the stance. Here's a thread about them with some pics if you're interested.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188730
Old 12-31-2012, 08:58 PM   #6
Rob@WretchedMS

Drives: His Wife Crazy
Jake, you need to be careful with lowering the car too much.
Pedders springs are about a 1.4" drop, much more than that and you will have issues with travel. If you want to go more than that i would suggest coilovers.

I have the Pedders parts on sale at the moment, but the sale is ending very soon.
If i can help please let me know
Rob@WretchedMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:11 PM   #7
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
The Eibach's I had installed drop my Camaro approx. 1.25 in each corner.
Old 01-01-2013, 01:05 AM   #8
JHall651

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS LS3 Ashen Grey
What ever you do go with coilovers
2012 2SS/RS, Magna TVS2300, RX Catch Can, Borla S-Type, Pfadt Stage 4 w/ ZL Spec Sway Bars, ADM Custom Boost/AFR Gauges, Hurst Short Throw, Forgestar F14 Matte Black 20x11 & 20x9.5 Deep Concave all 4, Nitto Invo 315/35 & 275/40, Heritage Grill, Sparks Black Grill SS & Trunk SS, P13W Fog Lights (cool white) w/ DRL Harness, Blacked Out Brake light bezels, Xpel Smoke Light Kit
JHall651 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:38 PM   #9
TSSUNAMI
It was ninety nine cents!

Drives: 2014 Jeep Wrangler
I've been running PFADT 1.25" springs that I purchased from Apex Chase for about a year now.

While I have not experience with coil overs I will let you know how things went with my PFADT springs.

1. The stance is incredible. Taking the gaps out of the fenders with these springs is a must-do. If I had to start all over again modding my car, this would have been the FIRST mod that I would do. (Edit: too lazy to load pics to this post, if you want to see how it looks click on my build thread at the bottom of this page, scroll about halfway down and you'll see the car after it was lowered. OR just do a web search for pfadt springs, there's a thread on here in the suspension section showing TONS of great looking PFADT lowered camaros.)

2. Handling: Turns in a lot more responsively, much less lift on acceleration, less dive under hard braking. Everything is firmed up nicely, car feels more stable in corners as well. You WILL feel more potholes, and need to exercise caution over speedbumps and railroad tracks. It's not really that you won't have clearance, it's just much more jarring. As I understand it, this is common with all brands of lowering spring.

That being said, it's not bad at all, for what you gain in appearance and improved handling, I will gladly give up some of the softness of the OEM springs. To each their own.

3. Quality, packaging.

The springs came packed in a large box with cardboard dividers between each spring. The instructions were clearly written and had adequate pictures showing the install. I feel like if I had access to the proper tools, and garage space, I could have installed these myself. (I paid 250 to have mine installed by a GM dealership, that included alignment.)

The springs come powdercoated in silver, and are very nice looking.

I purchased these from Apex, and he was great as far as answering questions, my order was recieved in less than 5 days as well. Great company to buy from and I would recommend both the PFADT lowering springs AND Apex chase for your purchase.
Old 01-02-2013, 04:59 PM   #10
ginsberg2@hotmail.com
Account Suspended

Drives: ls3 camaro
pedders customer service has been outstanding.
ginsberg2@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:05 PM   #11
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
flip a coin! I have PFADT, Pedders and SPOHN suspension parts on my SS. My car handles killer!

Coke or Pepsi? Blonde or Brunette? PFADT or Pedders?

Go with what you can afford. Any suspension mod is worth it regardless of manufacturer!
Old 01-02-2013, 05:16 PM   #12
Camper
Banned

Drives: 10' 2SS LS3 M6
replace eibach with BMR
Camper is offline   Reply With Quote