Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-15-2013, 11:07 PM   #71
NovaDaddy
Nova Daddy

Drives: 2012 Cummins/1972 Nova 2 door coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lombardi View Post
Another annoyance is my Boston acoustic system. To pay money for an upgraded system that's shotty is kinda dumb. Even with the bass turn down the sub distorts. Already had it replaced once under warranty.
I thought mine was distorting as well. Dealer replaced rear speakers once didn't fix it. What it was was the back dash and the metal bracing the rear speakers were mounted in was vibrating and rattling. the dealer tightened it up. Then I took a tie down wrapped it around the magnets of the rear speakers tightened it, was much better.
NovaDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:11 PM   #72
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predator2U View Post
Drivers around me suddenly gets a boost of power and wants to show off their cars when they drive by. Once they get a distance away, back to driving slow. Its like the Gen5 Camaro wills others to press on the gas!
Yesterday, I was about to pass a Prius driver on the freeway and as I got within 4-5 car lengths from him, he peers in his side mirror at me and just took off like a bat-out-of-hell.
What the heck was that I thought to myself? Must have wanted a Camaro but his wife MADE him get a Prius :-)
I gotta seriously call BS on this one... lol... a Prius going like a bat out of hell....

I was cruising down to the Texas Camaro Revolution, and some punker chick in a prius was hugging the hell out of the left lane on a three lane interstate... Had that POS wound up tight.... She would back off, then speed up to block anyone trying to go around on the right....

I never downshifted, and barely touched the gas and went right around her... she then proceeded to flip me off.... I laughed... and cruised on....I despise left lane trash... either drive or move the hell over... and even if you think you're moving, if someone comes up behind you, move the hell over anyway... It's the courteous thing to do.... In Texas, if it's a load of painters in an old beater truck, left lane... an SUV with five kids... Left lane... texting... left lane..... typing on the iPad, (seen it two or three times) left lane.... kicked back in the I'm cool cruising around looking cool, talking on the phone.... left lane.... reading (insert some form of paper or electronic device) left lane....

These are generalizations.... based on what I see all too often...

Back to your regularly scheduled programming...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:13 PM   #73
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
This annoys me...

Name:  chipped 003.JPG
Views: 548
Size:  223.2 KB
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:15 PM   #74
ActNup NY

Drives: 2011 1LT Black Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentin24 View Post
haha I will have to post a video of what im talking about. just hit it all the way down again and it will stop
I know exactly what you mean. I actually recorded mine. I'm was planning to take it and show the dealer. Last time I brought it in he said nothin was wrong with it.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:28 PM   #75
Lombardi

Drives: 2010 ABM Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaDaddy View Post
I thought mine was distorting as well. Dealer replaced rear speakers once didn't fix it. What it was was the back dash and the metal bracing the rear speakers were mounted in was vibrating and rattling. the dealer tightened it up. Then I took a tie down wrapped it around the magnets of the rear speakers tightened it, was much better.
Ill have to look at this thanks a lot. Any pictures of what you did?
Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:05 AM   #76
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
The "weak" paint. Other than that I love my camaro.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:23 AM   #77
Blk-Ice
750HP of Twisted Reaper!

Drives: Blk 2SS/Blk Carb Fibr NS-1 stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
Only thing that annoys me about the car is the cup holders. Hard to shift with a Large cup of anything there.
Dang, that's spot on....I forgot about THAT!!!
Old 04-16-2013, 12:29 AM   #78
IncrediblyX

Drives: Red
Bird poops on window when top is down on freeway. Windshield wipers smear it and make it even worse. Vision obstructed. Argh!
IncrediblyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:36 AM   #79
Blk-Ice
750HP of Twisted Reaper!

Drives: Blk 2SS/Blk Carb Fibr NS-1 stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCSarge View Post
Stop farther back from the light. Happens to me going to work every morning. Little trick for you. watch the crosswalk sign in the direction you are going. It turns white when the light turns green. (At least in Lansing)
Good ideas but in the DC, MD & VA area, if u leave any kind of space, believe me....some A$$ Clown driving a Taxi will pull his nose right in front of you from the other lane. I carry my PTSD in a glass case labeled "Break When Pissed"......I may have to crack tha glass if a Taxi hits me....lol!
Old 04-16-2013, 12:48 AM   #80
NovaDaddy
Nova Daddy

Drives: 2012 Cummins/1972 Nova 2 door coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lombardi View Post
Ill have to look at this thanks a lot. Any pictures of what you did?
Sorry no pics. Had to sell the car a year ago due to a@@ hole accountant. Open your trunk crank the tunes and you will see the speakers moving. Use a 1" wide tie down with the friction lock around the magnets and snug it up. It'll help reduce movement of speakers.
NovaDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:21 AM   #81
Talmonjr

Drives: Camaro 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikester0612 View Post
My issue is when you are running out of gas. When you go check your DIC to see how many miles you have til you are empty, it just says "Low Fuel Range". I know im low on fuel. Tell me how many miles I have
DITTO!!!
Talmonjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:20 AM   #82
Dupree878

Drives: '13 Dusk Edition 2SS/RS M6
I thought I was just short clutching or something to miss the 2nd gear shifts sometimes.
It's good to read that I'm not the only one with an issue.
Old 04-16-2013, 03:29 AM   #83
Nzcamaro
NZ Camaro. New Zealand

Drives: 1968 camaro. 2010 2ss Camaro
No place to sit cell phone nicely.
Or sunglasses.
Nzcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:43 AM   #84
moserbe

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Cup holders should be on the side of the manual shifter, not behind it.