Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 05-03-2008, 06:18 PM   #29
num1panthersfan

Drives: Mazda Rx-8
Looks damn good with that silver bow tie!!
num1panthersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 12:14 PM   #30
Design1stCode2nd

Drives: four wheels
Anyone who thinks a 500hp car will be $35k is nuts. Expect more than GT500 money. I'd be happy wih 400hp reasonably optioned under $35k.
Design1stCode2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 01:14 PM   #31
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Design1stCode2nd View Post
Anyone who thinks a 500hp car will be $35k is nuts. Expect more than GT500 money. I'd be happy wih 400hp reasonably optioned under $35k.
I won't be happy unless I can get a V8 for under $28,500. Anything higher is taking away from the appeal of the Camaro. The Camaro has always been an affordable, fast car. If GM takes affordable out of the equation, it isn't really a Camaro, regardless of how fast it is. Fortunately, we know that GM is going to consider price very carefully.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 01:34 PM   #32
Silverado
GM Guy For Life

Drives: 2010 GMC Yukon XL
Silver bow ties for me....I have always hated the gold colored ones...I can't stand them on my Silverado....okay, sure, I haven't done anything to change that either, so they must not bother me that much, but this will be my Camaro damnit. It will bother me.
Silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 02:06 PM   #33
Eisenhower
I drank what?

Drives: DANGEROUSLY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
MAGAZINE SPECULATION. God I hate how people take magazines seriously when we know GM hasn't released any price info.

PLEASE STOP TAKING MAGAZINES', ESPECIALLY MOTORTRENDS ARTICLES FOR TRUTH! THEY SAID A FEW MONTHS AGO IT WAS GOING TO HAVE AN LS2!!

:bangdesk: :bangdesk: :bangdesk: :bangdesk: :bangdesk:
calm down- nobody's taking anything seriously... sheesh -so sensitive- on the other hand, GM did say that the Camaro is going to be a premium priced vehicle.
Eisenhower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 04:49 PM   #34
AFSNightrod
Back in Black

Drives: 2005 Cadillac CTS-V
Send a message via AIM to AFSNightrod Send a message via Yahoo to AFSNightrod
You guys gotta take this into consideration: By the time a magazine goes to press it's articles are already outdated thanks to the internet. The image there is a photoshopped version of a pic taken a couple of months ago. Do you notice that when they cover events that they all happened about two months before? That's because while the story and the information may be somewhat correct AT THE TIME, after it gets edited and published and gets to the newsstand it's already outdated. Magazine journalists and editors really know no more than we do, but they have to put SOMETHING on their pages to give the cavemen who don't have internet access something to read. Therfore they speculate given their current knowledge of the car market, and rumors that they have heard(just like all the rumors WE have heard). It really isn't anybody's fault. Just take the magazine articles with a grain of salt and come here or got to any one of the automotive blogs(jalopnik, autoblog, leftlanenews) to get the most current information on our beloved American icon. Too easy.
AFSNightrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 06:21 PM   #35
ToneyTone

Drives: 07' Sunburst Cobalt SS/SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
I won't be happy unless I can get a V8 for under $28,500. Anything higher is taking away from the appeal of the Camaro. The Camaro has always been an affordable, fast car. If GM takes affordable out of the equation, it isn't really a Camaro, regardless of how fast it is. Fortunately, we know that GM is going to consider price very carefully.
Your thinking of a time where 300+ hp was only available in a V-8, well times have changed. You now will get the same level of performance and hp but out of a V-6. It not too much to ask for people to pay 32k for a 400+ hp V-8coupe, and 40k for a 550 hp monster. Look what folks got for 35k in the GTO and the camaro is better in all ways. I think its one hell of a bargain
ToneyTone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 06:25 PM   #36
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToneyTone View Post
Your thinking of a time where 300+ hp was only available in a V-8, well times have changed. You now will get the same level of performance and hp but out of a V-6. It not too much to ask for people to pay 32k for a 400+ hp V-8coupe, and 40k for a 550 hp monster. Look what folks got for 35k in the GTO and the camaro is better in all ways. I think its one hell of a bargain
It is too much to ask of me as a consumer to take the second or third tier for the price of the next brand's top tier. I'm GM-loyal, so I will of course get the beefy V6 if I must, but how many others would rather get the V8 Mustang, even if it's impotent in comparison? I want my price tag to reflect dominance in performance with competition in price. I'm okay with a few extra dollars, but crossing the $30,000 mark is a very dangerous move for Chevrolet.
warn 145:159 ban

Last edited by The_Blur; 05-05-2008 at 07:22 PM.
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 07:01 PM   #37
Omega94

Drives: 1994 Chevrolet Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
It is too much to ask of me as a consumer to take the second or third tier for the price of the next brand's top tier. I'm GM-loyal, so I will of course get the beefy V6 if I must, but how many others would rather get the V8 Mustang, even if it's impotent in comparison. I want my price tag to reflect dominance in performance with competition in price. I'm okay with a few extra dollars, but crossing the $30,000 mark is a very dangerous move for Chevrolet.
+1...Amen

1994 Camaro 3.4l V6, 5-speed, SLP Loudmouth I cat-back exhaust.
It's loud, slow as all get out, but loud
No more money going into this one...everything's being saved for my 5th Gen.
2010 Camaro SS 6-speed, Black/Black
Omega94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 07:39 PM   #38
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
It is a good bargain, but it's not competitive. (However, you should note that even Bob Lutz admitted the GTO was overpriced.)

Anyways, this is not a price per horsepower deal, though. The L76 and the LS3, for instance, cost about the same to produce. And the LS3 costs less than the LS2 did. So that's not the issue. GM could have just popped the L76 in for the base V8 and called it a day: It would still whoop ALL the competition. But they're choosing to go a step further. That doesn't mean they can abandon pricing it within reach of the Mustang. It won't sell, no matter how much of a bargain it is.

Still, I won't disagree with you. The V6 is VERY impressive!
Old 05-05-2008, 08:17 PM   #39
ToneyTone

Drives: 07' Sunburst Cobalt SS/SC
Wait I just thought of something. If i'm correct i do remember a fully loaded sticker price of an SS model costing over 30k. And that car had around 325hp I think. The F-bodies will look and feel ancient compared to this 5th gen. so I guess we will be paying for a better and higher quality product.
ToneyTone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 08:32 PM   #40
Omega94

Drives: 1994 Chevrolet Camaro
Quote:
Wait I just thought of something. If i'm correct i do remember a fully loaded sticker price of an SS model costing over 30k. And that car had around 325hp I think. The F-bodies will look and feel ancient compared to this 5th gen. so I guess we will be paying for a better and higher quality product.
Yeah, you're right about the price...which is part of the reason that the F-body went on hiatus in the first place (not the whole reason...but part of the reason). So, even though the 5th Gen will be more advanced than the 4th Gens the price will still be on point with a similarly equipped Mustang. This point can't be stressed enough! The Camaro must be priced within a few hundred dollars of a similarly equipped Mustang or it will end all over again. As for the 4th Gens feeling/looking ancient in comparison...to each his own when considering the looks. Yes, the 5th gen looks amazing...but I think my 4th gen looks fantastic...and the 2002 Camaro SS (and ZL1) remain my dream car (SS being attainable...ZL1 being out of reach). As far as the feel...well, the 4th Gens were, and are, excellent...but of course the 5th will better! However, I disagree that the 4ths will feel ancient in comparison...

1994 Camaro 3.4l V6, 5-speed, SLP Loudmouth I cat-back exhaust.
It's loud, slow as all get out, but loud
No more money going into this one...everything's being saved for my 5th Gen.
2010 Camaro SS 6-speed, Black/Black
Omega94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 09:58 PM   #41
GOT PSI

Drives: SRT-4
A 400+ z28 is what I'm hoping for.
Old 05-05-2008, 11:02 PM   #42
68RS

Drives: '68 327 RS, 2010 2SS/RS
Am I missing something? I saw the pictures with the website and didn't see the silver bow ties. Where are they?
68RS is offline   Reply With Quote