Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 03-27-2012, 01:46 AM   #43
jeffgtx

Drives: sosltice
i don't think my link is supposed to equal navigation. it is supposed to be for smartphone integration of calling and music and reading texts and stuff.

i want a 7" touchscreen, but i don't want to pay $2k for nav. thats what my link is. so i don't think that it is "not ready". it just shouldn't be confused as a nab system.
jeffgtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:53 AM   #44
YellowGTO

Drives: GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by The IOM Ninja View Post
It.... Doesn't.... Support.... Navigation.... At the time of purchase?

Who's the dumbf*** that thought that one up, don't release something to the public unless it is ready.... They really pulled a Ford on this, though it's likely the screen freezing won't cause your car to stop responding to climate control commands.....
Yeah these integrated Navs are horrible. I paid 3k to get Nav in my Avalanche and google maps on my phone puts it to SHAME lol.

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/01/10/h...3-sonic-spark/

If GM makes this standard on most cars and releases an SDK, this might just take off
YellowGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:02 AM   #45
camaro2lt

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT VR/RS CGM Rally's
soo can you add a nav option?
Old 03-27-2012, 09:36 AM   #46
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Fbod told us in the 1LE thread that the touch screen will be available on LT, SS, 1LE and ZL1 in 2013.

He also told us it will have navigation. It's in the press release for the 1LE.

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:41 AM   #47
dirishboy
as in Irish European

Drives: 2012 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieBelle View Post
Fbod told us in the 1LE thread that the touch screen will be available on LT, SS, 1LE and ZL1 in 2013.

He also told us it will have navigation. It's in the press release for the 1LE.
Yep "Chevrolet’s color touch radio with MyLink infotainment is available on all 2013 Camaro LT, SS and ZL1 models. The color touch radio, with a 7-inch touch screen, also can be paired with an available in-dash GPS navigation system – a first for the Camaro"
Old 03-27-2012, 09:41 AM   #48
thespymaster

Drives: C7 / ZL1 / SS / trucsk
From FBODFATHERS recent email:

MyLink connects you Chevrolet’s color touch radio with MyLinkinfotainment is available on all 2013 Camaro LT, SS and ZL1 models. The color touch radio, with a 7-inch touch screen, also can be paired with an available in-dash GPS navigation system –a first for the Camaro.

The color touch radio with MyLink gives customersa higher level of in-vehicle wireless connectivity and customized infotainmentoptions, while building on the safety and security of OnStar. It seamlessly integrates online servicessuch as Pandora® internetradio and Stitcher SmartRadio®using hands-free voice and touch-screencontrols via Bluetooth-enabled phones.

MyLink adds stereo audio streaming and wirelesscontrol of smartphones, building on the voiceactivated Bluetooth hands-free calling capability alreadyoffered in most Chevy vehicles. The high-resolution, full-color touch screendisplay makes media selection easy to navigate.

MyLink also retains all the capabilitieso f today’s entertainment functions, including AM/FM/Sirius XM tuners, auxiliary and USBinputs.
2015 GMC Denali 3500HD 4x4
2012 GMC Sierra 3500HD 4x4
thespymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:49 AM   #49
dirishboy
as in Irish European

Drives: 2012 ZL1
Am I the only one feeling a bit miffed right now? :(

I have a ZL1 stuck in QC and the ones that will be potentially built the same week mine ships will have a much upgraded info-tainment system

PLUS

I will be paying what now looks like $15k more than a 1LE for a supercharger, two extra radiators and MR suspension (slightly over simplified)

As this won't be available until the fall I think the Camaro marketing folks could have at least waited a few weeks until we had our ZL1s before they rubbed this salt in the wound.

P.S. This is the first negative post I have ever written. Please don't suspend me
Old 03-27-2012, 09:50 AM   #50
YellowGTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespymaster View Post
From FBODFATHERS recent email:

MyLink connects you Chevrolet’s color touch radio with MyLinkinfotainment is available on all 2013 Camaro LT, SS and ZL1 models. The color touch radio, with a 7-inch touch screen, also can be paired with an available in-dash GPS navigation system –a first for the Camaro.

The color touch radio with MyLink gives customersa higher level of in-vehicle wireless connectivity and customized infotainmentoptions, while building on the safety and security of OnStar. It seamlessly integrates online servicessuch as Pandora® internetradio and Stitcher SmartRadio®using hands-free voice and touch-screencontrols via Bluetooth-enabled phones.

MyLink adds stereo audio streaming and wirelesscontrol of smartphones, building on the voiceactivated Bluetooth hands-free calling capability alreadyoffered in most Chevy vehicles. The high-resolution, full-color touch screendisplay makes media selection easy to navigate.

MyLink also retains all the capabilitieso f today’s entertainment functions, including AM/FM/Sirius XM tuners, auxiliary and USBinputs.
Yeah but will the nav be that crappy subscription based Onstar type
Old 03-27-2012, 09:51 AM   #51
blackSSRS

Drives: 2010 RS
maybe the tv is gonna display engine info for us?
blackSSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:52 AM   #52
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowGTO View Post
Yeah but will the nav be that crappy subscription based Onstar type
No, Scott said it wouldn't be OnStar.

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:52 AM   #53
Bell040

Drives: 2SS/RS - Black - GFX
Have any of you ever used a GM nav system?

My 2008 vette Z06 has Nav... and it sucks... bad.

It's funny because I use a Garmin 3590LMT (which is sweet) in a fancy sports car with a built in Nav system.

Garmin knows what they are going when it comes to GPS Nav... GM, not so much. But they make a pretty awesome car

Would you rather use this:

or this

Maybe 2013 will bring GM up in the GPS world, but since it takes about 4 years to go from concept to production... you better stick with a real GPS company.
Built: 3-30-09 (#1691)
Recieved: 6-12-09

Blacked out, Cammed (Lunati Voodoo 233/245, .578/.598 @114°, +4°), ARH LTs, VR OTR CAI, Cutouts, and lots of other fun mods.
Bell040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:56 AM   #54
YellowGTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieBelle View Post
No, Scott said it wouldn't be OnStar.
Now if we can get free updates im down
Old 03-27-2012, 09:56 AM   #55
thespymaster

Drives: C7 / ZL1 / SS / trucsk
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirishboy View Post

I have a ZL1 stuck in QC and the ones that will be potentially built the same week mine ships will have a much upgraded info-tainment system

PLUS

I will be paying what now looks like $15k more than a 1LE for a supercharger, two extra radiators and MR suspension (slightly over simplified)

As this won't be available until the fall I think the Camaro marketing folks could have at least waited a few weeks until we had our ZL1s before they rubbed this salt in the wound.

P.S. This is the first negative post I have ever written. Please don't suspend me
I'm HIGHLY considering opted out of my 2012 ZL1 order for 2013 ZL1.

Would have been different if this was a whole year apart upgrade, but a few months apart, GM should allow those who want this UPGRADE to send it back for it, I would have no problems paying for it!
2015 GMC Denali 3500HD 4x4
2012 GMC Sierra 3500HD 4x4
thespymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:57 AM   #56
JMAN311

Drives: 2013 F-150 Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirishboy View Post

PLUS

I feel these are valid points. I would be a bit ticked off if I was currently waiting for a 2012.
2013 Camaro ZL1 A6|SIM
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS|M6|CGM Exterior|Gray Int
2000 Camaro SS|M6|SLP headers|SLP center mounted quad exhaust|Magnaflow muffler|Hypertech programmed
2001 Corvette|M6|LG Motorsports Headers|Corsa Touring Cat-back|Magnaflow X Pipe|Hurst short-throw|Dyno tuned
JMAN311 is offline   Reply With Quote