Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 07-21-2013, 09:32 PM   #1
JewelSS
Norcal Camaros

Drives: 2010 Red Jewel 2SS L99
Oracle V2 scanner help

So I just installed the Oracle V2 Dynamic RGB scanner and all works great until I start the car and there are 4 LED's on the right side that stay lit up as long as the motor is running. I have checked the wiring and ground and am at a loss as the issue. Do I need to send back or did I F*#k something up. Please help...... http://youtu.be/5bG-rtz5spE
Blaque Diamond Wheels BD23's 20x10, Hankook V12 275, AAC footwell lighting, Switchback LED's, AAC Mailslot scanner, AAC underhood, grill & underbody led lighting, AAC Plasma fogs, Eagle eye HIDs, RJT Painted calipers, RJT painted engine bay, Viteese Paddle Shifters, CFD Hurst style Shifter, RJT painted speedo & gauge trim, RotoFab CAI, TSP 2" Headers with full 3" XS Power exhaust, Granatelli Slotted rotors & Hawk HPS pads, ACS Side Rockers, ACS Front splitter, ZL1 Grill, Havoc Rear diffuser, BMR 1.4 Springs, BMR Strut tower brace, BMR F/R Sway Bars, BMR Trailing Arms,
JewelSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 11:21 PM   #2
Camarojt

Drives: 2011camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JewelSS View Post
So I just installed the Oracle V2 Dynamic RGB scanner and all works great until I start the car and there are 4 LED's on the right side that stay lit up as long as the motor is running. I have checked the wiring and ground and am at a loss as the issue. Do I need to send back or did I F*#k something up. Please help...... http://youtu.be/5bG-rtz5spE
Was it prebent already or did you bend it?
Camarojt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:42 AM   #3
JewelSS
Norcal Camaros

I had to bend it a little to form the angle but was very gentle. Never heard anything crack or nothin so I'm not sure if its a signal issue when the cars on or what.
Blaque Diamond Wheels BD23's 20x10, Hankook V12 275, AAC footwell lighting, Switchback LED's, AAC Mailslot scanner, AAC underhood, grill & underbody led lighting, AAC Plasma fogs, Eagle eye HIDs, RJT Painted calipers, RJT painted engine bay, Viteese Paddle Shifters, CFD Hurst style Shifter, RJT painted speedo & gauge trim, RotoFab CAI, TSP 2" Headers with full 3" XS Power exhaust, Granatelli Slotted rotors & Hawk HPS pads, ACS Side Rockers, ACS Front splitter, ZL1 Grill, Havoc Rear diffuser, BMR 1.4 Springs, BMR Strut tower brace, BMR F/R Sway Bars, BMR Trailing Arms,
Old 07-22-2013, 11:46 AM   #4
JewelSS
Norcal Camaros

Just heard back from Oracle and will need to remove and send to them to test it.
Old 07-22-2013, 12:00 PM   #5
Camarojt

Where did you purchase it from? I had an Oracle at first! Worked fine for about 3 months, then the plastic housing easily started cracking. In no time I experienced exactly what you are describing. It got to where I couldn't get about 4 of the little lights to go off EVER. I had already received a ticket for the red brake light feature that comes with it. It's illegal....so having a red, blue, white, and green dot while I'm going down the road was concerning.

I eventually got rid of it, and then called Phastek and they said now they started prebending them there and the results have been much better. They also make there own brand. Functions almost the same but doesn't have the whites, pinks, and light blue colors that the Oracle does and it's a little less.
Old 07-22-2013, 12:42 PM   #6
JewelSS
Norcal Camaros

Bought from AAC directly and its been doing it since I installed it. I have a show this weekend so after that I will remove it and send it back. I have bought other lights from them with no issues so will see how they handle this one.......
Old 07-22-2013, 02:35 PM   #7
MightymouseSS

Drives: 2011 LS3
I've had trouble with that also just before it completely stopped working. This is my second scanner they both worked for about a month or two. AAC will send you another scanner but won't refund your money.
SLP loudmouth 2
Nightfury Cam
Mike Norris CC
Tuned by Southwest Speed
MightymouseSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:14 PM   #8
Camarojt

I've heard of at least 5 guys with issues with these Oracle scanners. I personally experienced it too. When I talked to Phastek they said there was alot of trouble with them.

So far I have had the Phastek model in my car for about 7 months with zero issues. The plastic cover feels thicker and more durable too.