Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-11-2009, 09:18 PM   #57
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granatelli View Post
It was the only 2010 Camaro to run so ya - I guess it was the fastest that ran
You could not be more wrong.

For those of you that were not there, the Pfadt car ran well, the Eibach car not as well as the Pfadt car. The Grannetelli car -- well he has his story and I have my suspicions as to why it wasn't on the track to compare to those 2010 Camaros that ran.

Any more thoughts you care to share with the group?
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 09:37 PM   #58
Granatelli
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
You could not be more wrong.

For those of you that were not there, the Pfadt car ran well, the Eibach car not as well as the Pfadt car. The Grannetelli car -- well he has his story and I have my suspicions as to why it wasn't on the track to compare to those 2010 Camaros that ran.

Any more thoughts you care to share with the group?
OK I agree - I forgot about the Pfadt car - I never saw the Eibach car - if it was there then you are right it never caught my radar. No need to be hostile This is just a friendly chat. If you were there then you know the ZR1 was honking his horn and flashing his light at Paul as he circled the track. My comment was not made to belittle your car. True our car had Granatelli Coil Overs so I can see why YOU would want to do a direct comparo. Additionally our 2010 (pictured) did in fact go on the track and you can see by the pictures it has the X designation after the 20 (as in 20X) because they felt I was a professional driver and therefore it would be unfair to let me compete for the cup. Same as your car since you chose to put Paul in the car. We exited as the K&N Infinity made it final lap and if you were there you will recall we caught him by turn 7 or 8 right before he yanked his rear end out on the track (oops)

After that – they deemed it too dark. Your car was very fast at 1 min 50sec and congratulations. But that was 8.5 seconds slower then the Red ZR1 that ran 1.41. Just to keep it all fair I did also drive the GTR R35 to a 1.53 so your car beat mine by 200+horsepower which translated to nearly 3 seconds faster per lap – Hell I was just happy to get under 2 minutes
Granatelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 09:40 PM   #59
Granatelli
Account Suspended

What happened to no thread jacking - It is all about the Nickey car - right
Old 11-11-2009, 09:41 PM   #60
Toastylicious
My car goes Vrooom.. You?

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow Camaro LS
Ooo
Toastylicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 10:35 PM   #61
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granatelli View Post
I was not referring to them - and I agree - please accept my apology - However you could have PM'd me
No worries mate!

I read your posts, and was concerned that poeple could interpret what you said openly. We know the Nickely Camaro, and these guys are off the charts fantastic in all areas. I wanted to make sure that everyone knows that Nickey Camaro are as good as it gets!. thanks for responding and I know that you understand.

On a side note,

I look forward to the opportunity to put our Camaro to yours at the next Optima Challenge. Friendly, spirited competition is healthy. Nickey Camaro could not make it because of local committments. Maybe Nickey will be out there, get Pfadt out there, others are useless, and we can have a serious battle of the Camaros!! the Pedders Camaro will probably have 25k on it since it truly is a daily driver. Hi hp will not help at the Optima. So running twin turbos will be a negative. Just my thoughts.

Again, all done is the spirit of friendly competition

mike
dms
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 12:04 AM   #62
NicKey

Drives: Nickey Super Camaro
Quote:
The fastest 2010 Camaro at the Optima Challenge was riding on Pedders suspension -- the same suspension that is on the Nickey series of Camaros and what this thread is about.

Stefano,

What is the latest news from Nickey?
Next week we will be Pedderizing the 2010 Yenko Camaro YS 10001 for Tom Clary the founder of Yenko.net and the only entity to be authorized by the Yenko family to use their name!

We are very honored and pleased that he chose Nickey and Pedders in order to help make his Camaro just the way he wants it as well as in the spirit of the Legendary Don Yenko himself.

I would think that Don could appreciate a Camaro that can find the fast way around a road race track as well as down the 1/4 mile too.

Please stop by and see us at the Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals (MCACN.com) this November 21st and 22nd in Rosemont Illinois.

Lynn Yenko, one of Don's Daughters will be there to talk about the New 2010 Yenko as well as the vintage ones, along with the rest of our crew.

We will also have the Nickey Stage III FLP TT on display along will a bunch of other cool 5th Gen Super Camaros we built.
NicKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 03:08 PM   #63
chevy454

Drives: '69 Yenko Camaro - 11.73 @ 118
We are anxious to get the car home (Southern Missouri) and play it.

We cannot thank the staff at Nickey Chicago enough for their work on this project. We dropped off our new SS at their place, showed them a picture of our 1969 Yenko/SC 427 Camaro and they did the rest. transforming the 2010 into a late model twin of our '69.

Also, thanks in advance to Pedders for helping with the suspension.

Old 11-12-2009, 04:04 PM   #64
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickey Chicago View Post
Next week we will be Pedderizing the 2010 Yenko Camaro YS 10001 for Tom Clary the founder of Yenko.net and the only entity to be authorized by the Yenko family to use their name!

We are very honored and pleased that he chose Nickey and Pedders in order to help make his Camaro just the way he wants it as well as in the spirit of the Legendary Don Yenko himself.

I would think that Don could appreciate a Camaro that can find the fast way around a road race track as well as down the 1/4 mile too.

Please stop by and see us at the Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals (MCACN.com) this November 21st and 22nd in Rosemont Illinois.

Lynn Yenko, one of Don's Daughters will be there to talk about the New 2010 Yenko as well as the vintage ones, along with the rest of our crew.

We will also have the Nickey Stage III FLP TT on display along will a bunch of other cool 5th Gen Super Camaros we built.
Awesome! I'll be there!
Old 11-12-2009, 04:04 PM   #65
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy454 View Post
We are anxious to get the car home (Southern Missouri) and play it.

We cannot thank the staff at Nickey Chicago enough for their work on this project. We dropped off our new SS at their place, showed them a picture of our 1969 Yenko/SC 427 Camaro and they did the rest. transforming the 2010 into a late model twin of our '69.

Also, thanks in advance to Pedders for helping with the suspension.

Thank you for trusting your Camaro to Nickey and Pedders. We will not dissapoint you.
Old 11-24-2009, 04:35 PM   #66
FLP

Drives: 2010 FLP/Nickey Twin Turbo Camaro
No final numbers powerwise yet but you can check out the build pictures of the FLP Twin Turbo Nickey Camaro here: http://www.flp-motorsports.com/flpga...y-camaro-build

It does have a base tune in it and was tuned for drivability as we drove it to and from the show this past weekend.

As for parts here are a few:

(2) Precision 68mm Turbos
(2) TiAL 44mm Wastegates
TiAL Blowoff Valve
Bell Custom Made Intercooler
65 lb Injectors
Boost a Pump
Custom fabricated stainless steel tubing (intercooler and hot side)

FLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 04:36 PM   #67
FLP

Drives: 2010 FLP/Nickey Twin Turbo Camaro
Quote:
Thank you for trusting your Camaro to Nickey and Pedders. We will not dissapoint you.

Pete it was great meeting you and talking to you this weekend!

FLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 06:11 PM   #68
Granatelli
Account Suspended

How does this kit not melt the power steering resv? How do you change the plugs? Is this a 1 off customer kit or production?
Old 11-24-2009, 06:47 PM   #69
anthonybyram

Drives: 1972 Z28, torch red,454
Kinda off topic, Not trying to hi-jack this thread either, just need a question answered... Does Granatelli still own the Turbine powered Camaro? It was a 67-68 as I recall? The whole underside was an exhaust as wide as the car! Talk about heat build up! Is this car still around, does Granatelli still own it? Yes I remember the turbines at Indy, saw them in person! Is Vince still around? Always thought that this was an amazing and innovative automobile!
anthonybyram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 06:56 PM   #70
Granatelli
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonybyram View Post
Kinda off topic, Not trying to hi-jack this thread either, just need a question answered... Does Granatelli still own the Turbine powered Camaro? It was a 67-68 as I recall? The whole underside was an exhaust as wide as the car! Talk about heat build up! Is this car still around, does Granatelli still own it? Yes I remember the turbines at Indy, saw them in person! Is Vince still around?
We still own the turbine 67 Indy car / we still own the 68 Turbine built by Collin Chapman of Lotus Race Cars. I think you are referring to my cousin who built a 81 Corvette with a Turbine engine for Herb Orliwitz. Herb sold the car to Reggie Jackson who then sold it to Dick Clark. Now I have no idea who owns it. We never did build a Turbine Camaro - However, I drove a twin turbo Camaro in 1982 which ran at El Mirage - 229 mph and Bonneville at 269 and then drove the car home and to school everyday for the rest of the year. We still own the car and still drive it every once in a while - it still has a cell phone in it and the A/c blows cold.

There are 2 Vinces - Vince my Cousin and Vince my uncle brother to Andy

I was born in 67 and I know of no 68 Turbine Camaro

Last edited by Granatelli; 05-06-2010 at 11:29 AM.