Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 04-15-2013, 10:13 AM   #85
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by c_LoW29 View Post
correct me if im wrong but when the z28's came out back in the days of the first and 4th gens you get get all the options you wanted. Though correct is saying those with a deep pocket but thats what the corvettes are for, those with deep pockets. The lower income guys want a fun quick car and they usually go for a camaro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 35th02ss View Post
The first Z/28 was made for the trans am race. Not really many options
On a 1Gen Z/28 you could order any option, but AC or an automatic. It also could not be had as a convertible. However 1 Z/28 convertible a 1968 I believe was built in house for a division manager.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:35 AM   #86
Zedave

Drives: 2007 Z06, 2009 SRT Challenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
...or how allocations will be divvied up...

...or whether it'll even be offered for sale in Canada...

The SS Sedan, which will sell in far greater numbers, is NOT going to Canada...
It will be for sale in Canada. 2007 Corvette Ron Fellows edition 399 made were avail. in Canada, I have one and will have a Z/28
Currently in Stable, 1981 Z28, 2003 Corvette 50th Anniv. Edition, 2007 Ron Fellows Z06 #330, 2009 SRT Challenger
Zedave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:53 AM   #87
c_LoW29

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, 2010 Mustang GT
No one said anything about the 4th Gen z28?
c_LoW29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:40 AM   #88
2001ragtop

Drives: V8 american car
A MSRP of $ 69,000.00 probably is realistic. That is a lower price than 2013 Z06 corvette.
2001ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:03 PM   #89
GoldenBear
Bear Backer

Drives: 69 Camaro Z/28, 69 Corvette Conv
I doubt that anyone knows exactly how much the Z/28's MSRP will be at this point because it's very unlikely that exact pricing has been determined by GM yet. Therefore, if anyone states that they know what the Z/28 MSRP will be, they are likely simply guessing or parroting a guess that someone else has suggested.
Current Chevrolets: 1969 Camaro Z/28 -- 1969 427/390 Corvette Convertible -- 1970 350/300 Corvette Convertible -- 2013 Camaro ZL1 Convertible -- CRT / Exposed CF Weave Hood Insert / Suede Package / Polished Wheels / MN6

Last edited by GoldenBear; 04-15-2013 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Fixed typo
GoldenBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:04 PM   #90
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Quote:
Lol you guys crack me up...If the car has no radio then there would be no seat belt, headlight, warning chimes.....It HAS a radio with one speaker.......

BTW do me a favor go buy a new SS built it to the same specs has the Z/28. You can't...

They did a test with a 1LE and a GT with the track pak. The GT lost by 1 sec.

This car is meant to race period end of story. Why can't people understand this. GM built this car knowing that it's not meant for everyone.

The funny part is most of the people that are bitching probably wouldn't like it to begin with. This car is raw no sound deading very rough ride. This is not somthing most people would use has a every day car.

And if you believe that the price is in the 60k range. I have a wonderful bridge to sell you...
Raw to what? A ZL-1? Those 2 cars shouldn't be put in the same category. They're worlds apart. But I'll be honest, for the amount of money they'll prolly charge for the car? You're just buy a badge. Sure! You'll get your racing gear in the car, but weighing 300lbs LESS than a ZL-1 is not exactly something to brag about much less being EQUAL in weight to an SS. With all the weight reduction they were trying shed, they didn't shed much at all. If this car goes close to 6 figures, you could buy a euro that has plenty luxury to that can compete with it plus it wouldn't have carbon brakes. That's something to look at! Take an SS, add in an LS7, and a track pack and see where it stands against this Z/28.

My question is what's the regulations with CAFE standards on an option for a car? Shouldn't that be considered a loop hole? Include the LS7 as an option on the SS. You'd use the 6.2L for The fleet. You wouldn't have to include the LS7 in the fleet avg because it'd be a "special order option." Why doesn't GM foot the bill with the hit they'd take with CAFE and pay it. They'd make their money back with the optioned car.

Take an alpha based SS, strip it, put in an LS7 and let it go. Have another option to include a track pack and price them at $45k and $50k. They should weigh from 3200-3350lbs. No more than that. Then you'd have something.

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:41 PM   #91
Mikes SS

Drives: '10 CGM 2SS/RS 6M
I highly doubt that the LS7 will be around for the 6th gen
Mikes SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:08 PM   #92
B2E2RUN
Beer Run

Drives: '14 Sierra SLT All-Terrain
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsZL1 View Post
and this thread has turned into people wanting to buy a badge, not a car. Same as the others.

Some people just don't get it.
This x1000!
Old 04-15-2013, 01:16 PM   #93
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
Quote:
Lol you guys crack me up...If the car has no radio then there would be no seat belt, headlight, warning chimes.....It HAS a radio with one speaker.......

BTW do me a favor go buy a new SS built it to the same specs has the Z/28. You can't...

They did a test with a 1LE and a GT with the track pak. The GT lost by 1 sec.

This car is meant to race period end of story. Why can't people understand this. GM built this car knowing that it's not meant for everyone.

The funny part is most of the people that are bitching probably wouldn't like it to begin with. This car is raw no sound deading very rough ride. This is not somthing most people would use has a every day car.

And if you believe that the price is in the 60k range. I have a wonderful bridge to sell you...
There is only one problem I foresee with that statement... Competitive Racing is completely different from a Weekend Track Day. I do not see the Z/28 getting sanctioned for racing, certainly not in a class where the Boss 302 would be competition. The Z/28 is not a Boss 302 LS Competitor, Ford does not have an answer for the Z/28...
The IOM Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:58 PM   #94
B2E2RUN
Beer Run

Drives: '14 Sierra SLT All-Terrain
Quote:

I completely agree, Jeremy. I can't wait to see all the people cry when the price is announced! Then you'll see the same folks complaining that they can't buy most of the parts over the counter without a verifiable VIN!!
Old 04-15-2013, 02:10 PM   #95
360ss
ZL1 NIGHTMARES!!!

Drives: LACS+CHEVYS
Stripp It ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1183 View Post
Raw to what? A ZL-1? Those 2 cars shouldn't be put in the same category. They're worlds apart. But I'll be honest, for the amount of money they'll prolly charge for the car? You're just buy a badge. Sure! You'll get your racing gear in the car, but weighing 300lbs LESS than a ZL-1 is not exactly something to brag about much less being EQUAL in weight to an SS. With all the weight reduction they were trying shed, they didn't shed much at all. If this car goes close to 6 figures, you could buy a euro that has plenty luxury to that can compete with it plus it wouldn't have carbon brakes. That's something to look at! Take an SS, add in an LS7, and a track pack and see where it stands against this Z/28.

My question is what's the regulations with CAFE standards on an option for a car? Shouldn't that be considered a loop hole? Include the LS7 as an option on the SS. You'd use the 6.2L for The fleet. You wouldn't have to include the LS7 in the fleet avg because it'd be a "special order option." Why doesn't GM foot the bill with the hit they'd take with CAFE and pay it. They'd make their money back with the optioned car.

Take an alpha based SS, strip it, put in an LS7 and let it go. Have another option to include a track pack and price them at $45k and $50k. They should weigh from 3200-3350lbs. No more than that. Then you'd have something.
I think ur off track. The ss wants what the z/28 already have. I rather wait on the z/28 . The z/28 is big dog status, no protender. You can't just hide behind a badge . The z/28 will be a contender
13zl1 #251 NOTHING ELSE MATTER
360ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 04:39 PM   #96
Wizard1183

Quote:
Originally Posted by 360ss View Post
I think ur off track. The ss wants what the z/28 already have. I rather wait on the z/28 . The z/28 is big dog status, no protender. You can't just hide behind a badge . The z/28 will be a contender
Contender to what tho? To euro cars that have been tracking? It's big dog for an American muscle car to enter the super car world. I understand what the Z is. That's fine they want to charge the amount that will gouge the eyes and charge some both their arms and legs. It's a racing track car. Why doesn't GM listen to the average guys and build what WE want? Which is a stripped out, high performance street brawler for $45-$50k that is factory produced to obliterate the competion between the opponents with a NA LS7. Most of the guys on this board wanted an LS7 camaro. Not the Z/28 track master. Big difference.

Old 04-15-2013, 05:09 PM   #97
360ss
ZL1 NIGHTMARES!!!

Drives: LACS+CHEVYS
Me and you are in 2 different levels brother . You've got me twisted with the circle guys . I'm straight lined. Research!! My post
13zl1 #251 NOTHING ELSE MATTER
360ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:31 PM   #98
Wizard1183

Quote:
Originally Posted by 360ss View Post
Me and you are in 2 different levels brother . You've got me twisted with the circle guys . I'm straight lined. Research!! My post
Sorry bro, that's what I basically am getting at. A straight line racer to beat out ford and dodge. And To those that want to open their mouth, NO! Not a COPO! A street legal brawler.

And if ppl question why straight lined? The rush of adrenaline accelerating up to the finish line. Track is a skilled hair raising time as well. It's just a preference and GM gave circle trackers their wish. Now give us ours. Lightweight, NA high performance engine ,stripped bone dry with only necessities.