Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-25-2011, 11:09 PM   #15
SarcasticDwarf

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS Red Jewel
16 year old driving a family car on a suspended license means that the father knew he would be driving. It is easy enough to take the keys away, and he did not. So yeah, go after them.
SarcasticDwarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 11:14 PM   #16
KDInTheWind63

Drives: 2SS/RS IOM, LS3 - 2SS SIM, L99
Send a message via Yahoo to KDInTheWind63
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroKid300 View Post

But it is the principle of the matter.
KDInTheWind63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 11:17 PM   #17
liquidsmoke
Two Miles An Hour

Drives: SIM 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin1106 View Post
You wouldnt be posting ' lol its 250 ' if that kid ran into your wife or girlfriend..or even child at that point and killed them. especially when he isnt even supposed to be driving... wouldnt be a laughing matter. If he doesnt learn his lesson now. Maybe next time it could be worse!! That's the problem with young kids today, not enough a$$ whoopings anymore!

And he is only 16 with a suspended license already, makes me wonder what car he smacked up to get it. He shouldn't have been driving and the father wants you to cover up for him. Screw that.
These are the jackasses we need off the road.

I would do everything in my power to make this experience as unpleasureable for them as possible.

expect nothing, but take everything
liquidsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 11:18 PM   #18
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Take it to court. End of story.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:20 PM   #19
DroptopZ
I'm your huckleberry...

Drives: '10 2SS/RS, '88 IROC vert
Word to the wise, not a smart move to tell the dad to just give you the deductible and call it square. That limits your insurance company's subrogation rights in some states and means they can't go after the family for the full amount.

Many states will cover diminished value under Uninsured Motorist, so check with your insurance company for that. Additionally, many (including the one I work for) don't mark claims like this as a blemish against you... but it depends state to state. Your best bet is to let your insurance company handle it, and take the people to small claims for the deductible (making sure to note the total damage they owe). If you get a judgment against them, they can't get a loan, buy/sell property until the thing is paid off. Just food for thought.

I was rear-ended by an uninsured 18 y/o girl and let her go because it was so minimal... then she nearly hit my dad going 75+ in a 35 (ask me how I know). We followed her back to her house and I lit her up. Should have called the cops, but what the others have said is right. Let someone like this get away with it, they'll keep pushing it to see how far they can go and eventually may really hurt someone. What if it had been a pedestrian instead of your car?

DroptopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 11:22 PM   #20
Rcfiddy1
Sold car...

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2SS/RS #37115
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDragonVT View Post
Press criminal charges against the kid and sue the father. People like this think they can get away with anything and everything, and if no one holds them responsible for their actions, they are right. Make him face the consequences of his actions.

I agree 100%
ECS Novi 1500 Supercharged, LS3 conversion, Small blower cam, Alky Meth injection, 3:45 rear, BMR Suspension parts, 1LE Sways, Billy Boat ZL1 dual mode exhaust.
Rcfiddy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 11:43 PM   #21
blizzpat
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
You wouldnt be posting ' lol its 250 ' if that kid ran into your wife or girlfriend..or even child at that point and killed them. especially when he isnt even supposed to be driving... wouldnt be a laughing matter. If he doesnt learn his lesson now. Maybe next time it could be worse!! That's the problem with young kids today, not enough a$$ whoopings anymore!
Let's not compare a little dent with killing a van full of kids please lol.

Matter is it is only $250 lol. I got my car keyed not too long ago and had to dish out my $1,000 deductible to cover it and get some other things fixed. My buddy also ran into my bumper another time and I had to get that replaced. Sure it's a matter of principle but seeking criminal charges may be just a little too over the top.
blizzpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 11:51 PM   #22
NorCalBoy

Drives: One, Two, or Three?
Im 17, and im going to say it strait up i would sue. The kid needs to learn, if i did something like that especially to a nice car like yours i would pay for it out of my pocket. But if his family have no respect for what they did, letting his kid drive without insurance, then they need to pay. There is no way around it.

BTW, Love your Camaro.
NorCalBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 11:51 PM   #23
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
At least it was not a big truck he was driving.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 12:06 AM   #24
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalBoy View Post
Im 17, and im going to say it strait up i would sue. The kid needs to learn, if i did something like that especially to a nice car like yours i would pay for it out of my pocket. But if his family have no respect for what they did, letting his kid drive without insurance, then they need to pay. There is no way around it.

BTW, Love your Camaro.
*straight*

The problem is they may not be able to afford to pay for it out of pocket like you may be able to.
Old 04-26-2011, 12:20 AM   #25
SDubATC

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS 6M CGM w/black stripes
Quote:
That's the problem with young kids today, not enough a$$ whoopings anymore!
and QFE!
SDubATC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 12:23 AM   #26
NorCalBoy

Drives: One, Two, or Three?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroKid300 View Post
*straight*

The problem is they may not be able to afford to pay for it out of pocket like you may be able to.
NorCalBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 12:23 AM   #27
Jason7
NorCalCamaros.com

Drives: 2010 2SS White
In reality you need to just do whatever it takes to put this behind you the quickest way possible. I would see if the dad will give you money to replace the bumper cover on your own so that its fixed and your insurance claim goes away entirely so the Camaro remains clean...

I promise you if you don't the final outcome will piss you off more than the initial collision did... NOT WORTH IT!

Good luck bud,

Jason
Jason7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 12:24 AM   #28
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason7 View Post
In reality you need to just do whatever it takes to put this behind you the quickest way possible. I would see if the dad will give you money to replace the bumper cover on your own so that its fixed and your insurance claim goes away entirely so the Camaro remains clean...

I promise you if you don't the final outcome will piss you off more than the initial collision did... NOT WORTH IT!

Good luck bud,

Jason

Well said.