Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2010, 05:29 PM   #71
Booneabal

Drives: 2LT RS Rally Yellow
Down here in Florida its a constant thing, its like they see RED when they see the car. The thing is, I'm in court fighting some tickets right now so I absolutely drive at no more than speed limit plus 10.
If it is a really safe stretch then I will dust the competition but otherwise I just ignore 'em.
Old 01-01-2010, 05:42 PM   #72
1bacamaro

Drives: 2ss
i had a srt-4 about 2 years ago and man what a ride. 476hp at the wheels. just couldnt get it to hook.
Old 01-01-2010, 05:47 PM   #73
STL20102SS

Drives: SW 2010 2SS/RS
I had a new 4 door 325i try and get me to race last weekend. I told my wife who was with me, that these guys are clueless and really do not know what they are messing with. Well, to say the least we both looked at them and just laughed and went on our way.

The best part about these cars is knowing that you can blow their doors off whenever you want to!!
Old 01-01-2010, 05:56 PM   #74
born-to-fish-

Drives: Fifty 2SS Vert
I wouldn't even think about street racing. Besides the danger factor, the law here will automatically suspend your license, plus impound your vehicle for a minimum 30 days if caught. To be without my baby for a month would be torture enough. Not to mention what would happen to it at the impound lot.
I think it's a good deterrent, as many pedestrians and motorists have been struck and killed due to street racing.
Old 01-01-2010, 07:41 PM   #75
Spiv
Why you gotta be hatin'?

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
One morning on my way to work, I was cruising the back roads (as I've gotten into the habit of doing, because I can do a little more over the limit and sleep in because of it). So, I come across the train tracks, and do my babying over to protect my girl. I start to accelerate when I realized there's been some asshole in my blindspot for the past 5 mins. I look over, and he matches my speed (at this point, I'm not even back up to the speed limit). Anyway, it looked as if he was matching me, but I think that his shit box (I think it was a '04 impala) just couldn't accelerate any faster. So, in the interest of not getting either of us killed, I go to the brakes and let this guy cut-in and he takes off. Easily doing about 140 km/h.
Old 01-01-2010, 07:43 PM   #76
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
I haven't had anybody try and mess with me. They must be mesmerized with the looks of the car, or they just know better. Wouldn't matter, I wouldn't race them anyway.
Old 01-01-2010, 09:04 PM   #77
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC Stage 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
Only a few times by the little dorks in their Neons, and once by a guy in a 87 GN ... The GN would have tore me up ....
Grand National? You serious? LOL! Unless it was modded, it couldn't possibly be a threat in any scenario.
Old 01-01-2010, 11:20 PM   #78
rowerybo

Drives: explorer
It isn't egging on or anything but a family member was doing 75 on I95 when an SS camaro was by in the blink of an eye. easily 140
Old 01-01-2010, 11:29 PM   #79
Luvpilot

Drives: GM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DkknightX View Post
Grand National? You serious? LOL! Unless it was modded, it couldn't possibly be a threat in any scenario.
Whole lotta GN's out there running 10's. Try not to run one with your girlfriend in the car
Old 01-01-2010, 11:55 PM   #80
Andro
NOICE!!! ™

Drives: Force Fed 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by STL20102SS View Post
I had a new 4 door 325i try and get me to race last weekend. I told my wife who was with me, that these guys are clueless and really do not know what they are messing with. Well, to say the least we both looked at them and just laughed and went on our way.

The best part about these cars is knowing that you can blow their doors off whenever you want to!!
Sorry but they don't make 325i's anymore. Hope it wasn't a 335i there sleepers and they will give the a stock SS a run if there modded
Old 01-02-2010, 12:49 AM   #81
EMB135Driver
Jedi Master

Drives: Boeing 757/767+2010 IBM 2SS
I had 4 teenage kids in a 4 door honda with some giant wing on the back of it and a giant ricer muffler pull up next to me at a light and start reving the engine like they wanted to race....I looked over, laughed, and did a little reving back. Apparently an LS3 sounded pretty mean to them cause when the light changed they didn't move til I idled away. After a few more lights they decided to follow me onto the highway, and once I hit the On Ramp that was the last they saw of the back of my Camaro as I pulled away rapidly......No racing, but no doubt that they didn't stand a chance had we run side by side.
Old 01-02-2010, 12:56 AM   #82
full of days

Drives: Camaro GT
Coming home from a late night movie tonight, there was some a$$clown in his dodge charger 4 door tailing me for over 6 miles down the interstate. I was going at a ho hum 60 mph on the interstate in 6th gear in the slow lane and signaled to get off at my exit. This same jerk is less than a car length off my rear bumper and I'm getting a lil anxious as I'm riding down the secondary road to my house trying to figure out what this clown wants...

Pull up to a red light and low and behold-- State trooper in an unmarked Challenger stops next to me. Dude gives me a big grin and thumbs up admiring my SS and shoots away from the light. Not 4 minutes later, the Trooper procedes to pull over a Mustang full of prepubesent high schoolers racing some hot import nights Mistubihonda. Immediately thought of this thread and thought I'd share my experience.

Post Tenebras Lux

Old 01-02-2010, 01:01 AM   #83
qbert48

Drives: 2SS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by garagelogic View Post
Every time I drive it.

welcome home
1100 4-27-09
6000 6-27-09

yes i got to the dance late don't hate me
Old 01-02-2010, 01:04 AM   #84
NoynuR

Drives: 2008 M3 ESS Supercharged 650Hp
i just got my camaro yesterday and i had some kid in a lincoln continental old 90 version try to race me we pulled up to the light and all i had to do was to rev my engine and when the light turned green he didnt even bother same thing happened to some kid in his old 300c god i love this car!!!

Closed Thread