Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 10-17-2008, 06:16 PM   #29
Wm Holden
Yes, that's my real name.

Drives: 2005 LS2 600hp GTO
rails and BAP in kit.
Magnuson 112HH supercharger at 7.5 psi (Virtual 9.0 liter) 600hp 1 of 2 torrid/red int /A4/05 555r 275/40/R17's Nitto Extreme Drags 1.7 60 ft Car runs high 11's No other mods. I got the first 112HH Magnuson blower ported for a GTO. Now it appears it was also one of the last....

http://www.ribbonprinting.com http://www.personalizedawarenessribbons.com
Wm Holden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 06:40 PM   #30
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZcamaro View Post
I just put in an e-mail to Magnuson and ATI, we will see who gets back to me and who can enlighten us about the plans for the Camaro....
PM me if you are interested in getting a group purchase going for this or other performance parts when they are ready.
I PM'd you.
Thanks.
Old 10-17-2008, 06:44 PM   #31
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
It would be interesting to see if either ATI or Magnuson has any insight with regards to the computer interface on the L99.
Old 10-19-2008, 09:51 PM   #32
CamaroZR1

Drives: '10 Jetstream Blue RS-SS S/C'D
Send a message via MSN to CamaroZR1 Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroZR1
I am going to get a Supercharger, eventually. Hopefully a good Powerful kit will be out based off the Eaton Fourlobe (more than likely Magna).

One thing is for sure...I wont be getting a centrifical, if I was to go the snail shell route, then I would just Twin Turbo. However if your going to boost this car, then you need a PD roots-style Blower.....Just my opinion.

I want to see someone with a true Blower, sticking out of the Hood, producing an insane amount of boost. I would love to go this route if I was buying it to be a Track and Show car, but this is going to be my daily driver.
Next Year-2010 (sp. order) Camaro RS-SS, Jetstream Blue, (maybe white SS stripes), 6L90, and probably LS9...oh and my Speed Racer license plate frame.
CamaroZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 10:22 PM   #33
BowtieGuy
Enlightened

Drives: Nothing Currently
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wm Holden View Post

Just proved my point on centrifugal superchargers. Other than the fact that they are slightly cheaper than some other (better) alternatives, they have no advantages. They are basically a turbo, only way less efficient. It's like somebody thought "I'm going to develop a forced induction method that combines the lag of a turbo, AND the parasitic loss of a supercharger!". Brilliant.

People have to talk about something just to keep their voice boxes in working order. So they'll have good voice boxes in case there's ever anything really meaningful to say.
Kurt Vonnegut
BowtieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 11:52 PM   #34
JiXeR'z DoDgE/FoRd KiLLeR
SSiCk MeMbEr!!!

Drives: HeAviLy MoDDeD 2010 SS CaMaRo!
Well one thing we must consider is what kind of horespower/torque you want. If you want more horespower/torque in the lower RPMs you'd be better off woth a roots type/twin screw supercharger. Centrifugal S/C's get you more horespower/torque on the top end.
JiXeR'z DoDgE/FoRd KiLLeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 11:56 PM   #35
BowtieGuy
Enlightened

Roots type superchargers are good for the entire powerband...

People have to talk about something just to keep their voice boxes in working order. So they'll have good voice boxes in case there's ever anything really meaningful to say.
Kurt Vonnegut
Old 10-20-2008, 12:16 AM   #36
SSiCk MeMbEr!!!

Either way it depends on what type of driving your gonna be doing. A centrifugal will be better for drivability. As with a roots type you have the power on tap.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:22 AM   #37
BowtieGuy
Enlightened

Or you could just get a turbo. Good drivability, more efficient.

Kurt Vonnegut
Old 10-20-2008, 12:30 AM   #38
SSiCk MeMbEr!!!

They just have the LAG factor thats the only problem.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:50 AM   #39
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by JiXeR'z DoDgE/FoRd KiLLeR View Post
you only have lag if you oversize the turbos.
Old 10-20-2008, 01:16 PM   #40
BowtieGuy
Enlightened

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiXeR'z DoDgE/FoRd KiLLeR View Post
So do centrifugal superchargers. Only more, and combined with parasitic loss.

In my opinion, there is no way to justify buying a centrifugal supercharger unless you were in a tight spot with money and needed a quick fix.

Kurt Vonnegut
Old 10-20-2008, 01:45 PM   #41
ZZcamaro

Drives: 2SS w/ ZZ427 Package!!
If I am not mistaken....isn't you rbeloved roots style blower also causing parasitic drag by being belt driven?

I will be honest I think "to each his own" and I have experience with Turbo and centrifigal s/c. And I have yet to have a lag problem. If you build a quality system, and TUNE IT PROPERLY, and you are using the right size turbo or s/c, you don't have these issues.

That is just my experience with the products.

I am now up to 7 people interested in a kit...keep 'em coming.
ZZcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 01:47 PM   #42
SSiCk MeMbEr!!!

I would rather go centrifugal over turbo anyday. And when it comes to roots vs. cent. It all depends on what type of driving or racing you're doing. Me personally I would rather have a roots/twin crew over all but I would like a procharger for drag racing. It's mostly preference when force feeding cars. It's not about whats neccasarily "the best".