Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 10:08 PM   #43
ss1129
Account Suspended

Drives: IOM 2010 2ss
I just drove the new Evo Mr (?) I think its called. Was the $43k version with BBKs and brembos with the dual clutch auto six speed. It handled like a mother****er and the interior smoked the Camaros.....that being said, straight line performance left a lot to be desired...be it 305hp at almost 4,000lbs. Plus its looks are not on par with the Camaro. Then tac on an extra $10Gs for the good version. Then it only gets 17/22 mpg. No thanks Mitsubishi. It was a fun ride....just not a $43,000 fun ride...and all the lesser models sucked and were uglier.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:31 PM   #44
Wesman

Drives: Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMaxx View Post
I've seen plenty of <insert car here> get whopped.

If you think high HP supras are few and far between, you must live in the middle of no where. There are some dyno queens out there -- same as any car. The problem is, if you do happen to come across a non-stock supra (which is damn near all of them anymore), chances are he can and will even a mildly modified SS alive. Hell, there is a 500lb weight difference right off the bat...
All speculation.

Quote:
You know how many times I've heard that, yet couldn't get anyone to race me to find out? Heh...
Maybe the people who knew they could whoop your ass didn't feel like wasting their gas on your ricer. That sounds like a more reasonable story.

Quote:
It's easy to spot those who have never been around a car they talk about
I've been around plenty of them. I'm just not a ricer, therefore I'm not impressed by a car with a power curve that flatlines the first half of the graph and then shoots upwards like mount Everest at 5,000RPM. Thats worthless. There are plenty of other platforms that can make more power, have it actually be useable power, and look better and cost less to build all at the same time.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:36 PM   #45
Wesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerzone View Post
What about this car?
AWD Motorsports Evo X.
This car ran 11.81@112.33 in 1/4 mile.

Parts:
Stock Turbo
93 Pump Gas
Tuned by Jestr
Buschur Intercooler / Piping
Buschur Intake
Buschur Exhaust NO CUTOUT Exiting the Rear
Stock Downpipe
NO METH or Water Injection
Tuned on Dynojet 424x ( NON LOAD BEARING DYNO )
100% Full Interior
Stock Tires

Camaro runs the same trap speed bone stock, all for about $10,000 less than the extra cost of an Evo and all those parts.

And the best part is, the Camaro will still be in one piece at the end of the dragstrip. Mitsubishis are about as well built as a chinese toy with lead paint.

And with an intake, exhaust, tune, and slicks, I'm sure an SS would match that time. They already have one running 12.5's with just intake and tune.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:41 PM   #46
Wesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
Have to agree with madMaxx...there are some Supra's down here in S.Fla that will C R U S H you. Hell do not even consider running them from a roll. There are Mitsu evo's on meth...WRX's on meth..all fast cars. Hell at my shop, we have a h22 civic, EO model, gutted and fully built. Yeah it looks like crap, but at the local 8th mile, it has taking plenty of people money.
And what about all the Domestics that will crush those ricers?? You seem to neglect to mention any of those guys. And yes, they are just as prevelent.

Quote:
Do not sleep on a import because you have a v8. I seen plenty of people get their ass handed by a 4banger.
You can make any car fast with enough money. Nobody ever said the people dumping money into these riceburners to make them fast were smart though.

Quote:
And yeah a real Skyline ? My friend Hahn has a collection he brought from Japan with him. His top GTR, all wheel drive, with the steering wheel on the right....yeah...put your SS up against it..and the slink off when you are totally destroyed by it. That car is insane..its a marvel of technology from that period, and a few up dates, and a decade later, it still owns. I have seen him take vettes, porches, vipers, stangs and everything else. That car is just that sick and still turns heads on S. Beach.
Stop trying to put the Skyline on a high horse. Its a 276HP 6 cylinder riceburner. There is absolutely nothing special about it at all. Its all hype, thanks to video games and movies. It gets whooped on the Nurburgring by countless cars, and you aren't beating any Vettes with 276HP and AWD drivetrain losses unless its a L82 3 speed in need of a tune up.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:45 PM   #47
comiskeybum
Banned

Drives: 2010 Chevy Equinox LS
it really depends on what the ricer has in it. if ricers spend enough money.......a lot.......you can have a 10 second car on your hands.

however on that same note.......you can spend LESS money to get a BIG 3 muscle car to 10 seconds. probably A LOT less.

so yeah.......muscle wins........in every way
Old 05-26-2009, 10:56 PM   #48
Ninjak
Banned

Drives: 08 GT Mustang | 65 GT Notchbac
Lol Wesman. Its quite obvious you have never been around many cars long. Your obvious LACK of knowledge is just showing volumes here. So you seem to think that a Top line GTR skyline is only 276 HP...wow. You seem to think a Evo or Wrx..cars that are built for the toughest racing in the world..(rally's) will fall apart. Wow....You seem to believe supra's are slow.....or are not well built cars...

So I guess a Porches and AMG benzes are slow to....Hmm BMW's to huh ? I mean a lot of those cars do not have V8's in them. Dude get some knowledge. Some real knowledge. Those cars are very quick cars. Sure a domestic can do it with mods as well. But to say a 4banger cannot do it at all is just ludicrous. You must live where there are some very very slow cars. I mean everyone must have 90's early 2000's Camero's or Stangs and think there fast. Dude, get on a plane and come to S. FLA. You will see some fast cars and there all not V8's.

Btw I am talking fast AT the track. Not no made up rolls from 90mph bs..I am talking at the road track and the 1/4 track.
Old 05-26-2009, 11:08 PM   #49
comiskeybum
Banned

i just dont like the way ricers look. accept evo's. they look cool. but i HATE the big old wings they put on these cars
Old 05-26-2009, 11:22 PM   #50
bballplaya210

Drives: 2002 Honda S2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
How about comparing cars stock for stock or mod for mod??

A stock Camaro SS will whoop any stock S2000 like its going backwards. And both cost the same price new. Who would pay $35,000 for a car with a 4 cylinder?? I have no idea, but I find that entertaining.

Mod for Mod, Camaro will win too. You will always get more power out of a larger motor. Not to mention the LSX series engine is a much better and incomparably stronger design than anything Honda has ever made. If you want to go fast, you don't start with a 4 cylinder - thats common sense.. Some guys boost Hondas, but they always end up blowing up.
You do realize that I did compare my stock s2000 to a stock v6 Camaro, which has 60 more hp, and the s2000 is faster. The cars were designed for completely different purposes. I just brought up the s2000 doing a wheelstand because half of the people on this forum think if you don't have an American car with a v8 then your car can only do a 15 second 1/4 mile. I want a Camaro or I wouldn't be on this forum. My dad's 69 SS is the car that got me to be a car guy. That is the difference though. I'm a car guy who can appreciate a good car no matter the make or model. You refuse to accept that imports are good cars.

Not to mention that the s2000 engine won the international engine of the year award 3 times and still to this day has produced the most hp per liter out of any production car ever made. This makes the F20C arguably more efficient than any LSX. I think the LSX motors are great and clearly have limitless potential but they are not necessarily stronger engines just because they produce more hp. Clearly FI on a Honda is no less reliable than any other make. I find it entertaining that you blindly believe that anything with less than 8 cylinders is worthless.

And here's a pic of the garage for proof before you try to say that I'm just a ricer that hates the Camaro:
Old 05-26-2009, 11:23 PM   #51
comiskeybum
Banned

does it really matter unless you ACTUALLY RACE? how many of us ACTUALLY GO TO THE TRACK AND RACE? id say less than 10 %. BUY THE CAR YOU FEEL BEST WITH. numbers dont matter, get the car which makes you feel the best
Old 05-26-2009, 11:51 PM   #52
lakersftbl69

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
try this one...

holy sh*t thats a riot where can i get me one of them
Old 05-27-2009, 12:50 AM   #53
jrc1122

Drives: 2012 Mustang GT
It is good to see Good old "Wesman" hating on anything that doesn't have 8 cylinders and made in the good old USA,, oops I mean Canada.

Me and Wesman go way back-- LS1.com. Remember me?

Wesman you will be happy to know that I was eyeballing two cars this time.
Evo X and G8 GT. And again I went with American RWD V8. AGAIN. Last time was Evo 8/9 vs WS6. I chose WS6.

But if any of you guys ever expect Wesman to give a car built in Japan any credit what so ever, it won't happen.

I showed this guy a video I recorded at the track of an LT1 Camaro run 14.5 (if I remember correctly) and an Evo XI run a 13.02. But he still said it was worthless.

You show him a better ET, he will talk about Trap speeds, You talk about handling, he'll talk about modifications to beat it.

You show him a 4 cylinder who can beat an LS1 or similar vehicle, and he'll bring up money. He will quote the price of the cheapest 98 model LS1 and talk about how he can make it run 10s/11s for much cheaper.

Reading his posts for years I bet he has worked on, driven, or had friends that had pretty much every type of vehicle with a wide variety of modifications. and guess what they were all Pieces of sh!t according to him..

Ahh-- so glad I could catch back up with good old Wesman.. he never fails to entertain me.
Old 05-27-2009, 02:00 AM   #54
Gentry78
HOOK'EM

Drives: 97 c1500/92 olds
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballplaya210 View Post

And here's a pic of the garage for proof before you try to say that I'm just a ricer that hates the Camaro:

haha best of both worlds lol, you can go cruzing in either and put a woopin on either crowd
Old 05-27-2009, 02:29 AM   #55
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireball View Post
I have owned several muscle cars including a 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle SS 396 4-speed and a 1970 Buick GS Stage 1 automatic. My 2009 WRX will waste all of them (on wet or dry pavement):

More pictures here...
last years model look 100x better... the 09s look like kias

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
Old 05-27-2009, 02:48 AM   #56
CamaroDan

Drives: 2007 dodge charger
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballplaya210 View Post
My stock 4 cylinder s2000 is faster than the v6 and this one will put bus lenghts on any 2010 Camaro:

Just because a car doesn't have a v8 doesn't mean it isn't fast.
Damn!!! thats pretty fast little 4bangger. nice

Closed Thread