Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-15-2009, 01:03 PM   #57
Nezacant

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Hehe. My Fiancé is the same way. In the begining she wasn't for buying a Camaro. Now with everything I've showed her about the car and her finally being able to see the same model we preordered, she’s more excited than I am.
Old 05-15-2009, 01:05 PM   #58
cam2fst4u

Drives: 08 SS trailblazer,08 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to cam2fst4u
Nice pics
cam2fst4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 01:15 PM   #59
Chevyrocker
Weekend Rockstar

Drives: Depends on the day...
Nice post and congrats on your speedy order! It's people like you that remind me that I do sometimes like my job and not every customer that walks in is a complete jacka$$. Great choice in color combo by the way. That engine cover looks sick on the black car.
Old 05-15-2009, 01:22 PM   #60
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevyrocker View Post
Nice post and congrats on your speedy order! It's people like you that remind me that I do sometimes like my job and not every customer that walks in is a complete jacka$$. Great choice in color combo by the way. That engine cover looks sick on the black car.
What is going to be a real kicker will be the ORange Rally Stripes. I can't wait for that.

Took me three days to decide that one.
Old 05-15-2009, 05:53 PM   #61
2010 Silver Bullet

Drives: 1998 GMC Stepside
Congrats and thanks for the positive attitude!
2010 Silver Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 06:07 PM   #62
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 Silver Bullet View Post
Congrats and thanks for the positive attitude!
I try to br thid way as much as I can. Life has so many disappointments, it can be awful hard.

The way I look at it is, while this is in reality just a car, it is something pretty darn special to me. It wasn't easy keeping patient. But, I really believe, taht as the QC Cars are released, and production catches up with the pent up demand, there will be a heck of a lot of happy people out there.

One way or another, the Camaro is back. That is something really pretty nice.

Let's enjoy this as it unfolds. We may never have this opportunity again.

Of course I said that back in 1974 too! LOL
Old 05-17-2009, 03:19 PM   #63
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
Thumbs up

very good "words of wisdom"...couldn't have said it better myself...i have felt all along that my car will be here when it is supposed to be here...
while i am extremely anxious to get it, i want to get it the way i ordered it, with nothing wrong with it, and when it is "my time to get it"...
i love this forum and all the support the members have for each other...
i feel like we are all "family" at this point, with a common goal and interest in our beloved Camaro5...
we are all helping each other through this experience and if we had all received our cars right away, we would never have had the chance to "meet" here and share our time and feelings with each other in "solidarity"...
and, you are right, we are ordering our cars EXACTLY the way WE want them, not just off the dealer's lot the way they came in...
after reading your comment about this being the 1st time you ordered a car with what YOU wanted, i realized myself that the last time i did that was when i custom ordered my beloved '76 Firebird!...
i had forgotten in all the yrs since then, every new car my husband and i bought was "as is", right off the dealer's lot...
"prima"Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 03:21 PM   #64
NickPic

Drives: 2006 GMC Sierra 1500HD
congrats looks great
06 gmc sierra 1500HD: w/ 6.0, K&N CAI, air raid TBS, pacesetter ceramic coated LT headers, magnaflow X-pipe, SLP loudmouth I resonators, gibson 4' tips, blackbear custom tune, 20 inch rims, bfg 33" tires, 2-10" mtx subs, 2000 watt audiobahn amp, 10 farad tsunami cap, HID's, air horns etc......

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3103872

slp tuned diablo programmer for sale. pm me for info.

06 pontiac G6 GT: bone stock except hid's
NickPic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 03:22 PM   #65
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
Quote:
Originally Posted by "prima"Donna View Post
very good "words of wisdom"...couldn't have said it better myself...i have felt all along that my car will be here when it is supposed to be here...
while i am extremely anxious to get it, i want to get it the way i ordered it, with nothing wrong with it, and when it is "my time to get it"...
i love this forum and all the support the members have for each other...
i feel like we are all "family" at this point, with a common goal and interest in our beloved Camaro5...
we are all helping each other through this experience and if we had all received our cars right away, we would never have had the chance to "meet" here and share our time and feelings with each other in "solidarity"...
and, you are right, we are ordering our cars EXACTLY the way WE want them, not just off the dealer's lot the way they came in...
after reading your comment about this being the 1st time you ordered a car with what YOU wanted, i realized myself that the last time i did that was when i custom ordered my beloved '76 Firebird!...
i had forgotten in all the yrs since then, every new car my husband and i bought was "as is", right off the dealer's lot...
BTW,
"prima"Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 03:34 PM   #66
wirebender

Drives: 2017 ZL1, A10, White, sunroof, nav
I'm only 5 yrs behind ya and can totally identify....very similar story and sweetly supportive wife! Thanx
wirebender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 03:38 PM   #67
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
I couldn't have said it better myself! CONGRATS! and Thank you!
Old 05-17-2009, 03:40 PM   #68
nards444

Drives: 1SS/RS Black
i agree with the poster, there is way to many spin doctors and unpaitent people. Yes you put down a deposit but you didnt pay full price, so its not your car yet. And alot goes into these. And you had to know the car wouldnt come right away. And you were insane if you thought preorders were all going to be made first.
nards444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 03:42 PM   #69
nards444

Drives: 1SS/RS Black
and to add its not like the camaro is like any other car out there. My buddy ordered a F450 and these are not in high demand and it still took 6 weeks for delivery. Be patient its a very cool car but in the end its just the car.
nards444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 08:16 AM   #70
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Friday is the big day for me here. Will have my new baby at home to be coddled and spoiled.

I have ordered the Orange Rally Stripes for innstallation and am waiting until I have all of my cash in hand for the downpayment. My dealer has been extremely supportive. THey are really good people.

I had a talk withthe owner last weekend. Basically, I related to him my story about contacting severral dealers early on and he was the only one not doing the gouge on his customers. Small town dealer with a Great Attitude!