Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-05-2011, 12:30 PM   #29
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Dudes................. Start your own thread & stop jacking mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-05-2011, 12:34 PM   #30
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvfastcars View Post
Your car can accelerate to 60mph in 5.9 secs or so. Your V6 has less torque (which excelerates a car), and alot more weight to even steal more speed.

The 95 Cobra stats are:
0-60 mph: 4.7 Sec. (est.) 1/4 Mile: 13.5 sec. @106.5 mph est. Weight: 3750 lbs

Also, those cars respond well to mods. To assume he had none after all this time(15 years), is foolish on your part.
Thank you for taking the time to edumacate the kid who now knows more about cars than when he first posted in this thread.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 12:37 PM   #31
BenningJ

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/RS LS3
Quote:
I guess I cant convince you that a 95 Cobra will beat a V6 Camaro. As crazy as that sounds....Especially since you own the "little engine Camaro". After all, this V6 is so racey GM puts it alot of their cars such as crossovers and so on...lol ...many moms say it has alot of pick-up...lmao

What really bothers me, is why all you Camaro owners think a V6 Camaro is a "sports car". Give me a break...Now you want to add exhaust and what you have is "american rice". Why amplify the crappy sound of a V6? The only V6 to ever sound good was Buick GN. Oh wait, that Buick only had 235 hp. So your V6 Camaro would beat that too I guess. You keep driving the 6 banger, and think of me when you have to respond to "is that the V8?" .... Meanwhile, I blow by you in my SS or Mustang V8...I'm out of this thread to respect Ruby Camaro.
Okay, superiority complex much? Oh I have the V8 so you should all bow, well I call . Get over yourself. I have a V8 Camaro also but I still respect that the LT Camaro goes just as fast as your SS.

EDIT: I should specify speed not acceleration.
| LS3 | CAI Inductions, Inc Intake | Vmax Ported Throttle Body | Dynatech 1.875" Long Tube Headers | Apex Scoop & Washer Bottle Relocation | Lethal Racing Night Fury Cam | BTR 7.400" Push Rods |LS2 Dampener | Melling 10296 Oil Pump | IWIS Chain | BTR .660" Dual Valve Springs | BTR Trunion Upgrade Kit | Lethal Racing Tuned | Anvil Notch Spoiler | BMR Split Drop Springs | Eaton TrueTrac | GM 3.91 Gears | LPW Diff Cover | Rohana RF2 275/40 20x10F 315/35 20x11R | BMR Polyurethane Motor Mounts
BenningJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 12:55 PM   #32
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Quote:
I guess I cant convince you that a 95 Cobra will beat a V6 Camaro. As crazy as that sounds....Especially since you own the "little engine Camaro". After all, this V6 is so racey GM puts it alot of their cars such as crossovers and so on...lol ...many moms say it has alot of pick-up...lmao

What really bothers me, is why all you Camaro owners think a V6 Camaro is a "sports car". Give me a break...Now you want to add exhaust and what you have is "american rice". Why amplify the crappy sound of a V6? The only V6 to ever sound good was Buick GN. Oh wait, that Buick only had 235 hp. So your V6 Camaro would beat that too I guess. You keep driving the 6 banger, and think of me when you have to respond to "is that the V8?" .... Meanwhile, I blow by you in my SS or Mustang V8...I'm out of this thread to respect Ruby Camaro.
:troll:
Old 05-05-2011, 01:06 PM   #33
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
So not all mustang guys and gals are A-holes like we are lead to believe on this site.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 02:12 PM   #34
Dasein

Drives: 2011 CGM 1LT
RJT is the sickest color out there.

Also, I absolutely love how we managed to find our way to the topic of bashing the V6
Dasein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 03:33 PM   #35
BlkThndr66
I'm not car-ist

Drives: '10 RY 2LT Camaro '96 Mustang Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
:troll:
im a troll now? haha. alrighty then. this day keeps getting better.

I saw an RJT today on lunch, even though it was a bit dusty, still looked great! Not everyone is a hater like 'luvfastcars'. Very car-ist.
Team LLT-M6
BlkThndr66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 08:21 PM   #36
DroptopZ
I'm your huckleberry...

Drives: '10 2SS/RS, '88 IROC vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkThndr66 View Post
im a troll now? haha. alrighty then. this day keeps getting better.

I saw an RJT today on lunch, even though it was a bit dusty, still looked great! Not everyone is a hater like 'luvfastcars'. Very car-ist.
Pretty sure they weren't referring to you, BlkThndr66. Ruby, I have to tell you that I wasn't a huge fan when I first saw pictures of the color... and even after I started seeing more pics, I didn't like it.

... but the first time I saw it in person? Oh mama, game on. RJT is sexy

DroptopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 09:45 AM   #37
BlkThndr66
I'm not car-ist

Drives: '10 RY 2LT Camaro '96 Mustang Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by DroptopZ View Post
Pretty sure they weren't referring to you, BlkThndr66. Ruby, I have to tell you that I wasn't a huge fan when I first saw pictures of the color... and even after I started seeing more pics, I didn't like it.

... but the first time I saw it in person? Oh mama, game on. RJT is sexy
Exactly, it's one of those colors that HAS to be in daylight. Kinda how I feel about the Yellow I have too. In the garage or in a parking deck; just doesnt look great. Out in the sun; it's spectacular
Team LLT-M6
BlkThndr66 is offline   Reply With Quote