Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-02-2011, 03:37 PM   #1
Autobot_SkyFire

Drives: silver rs
can you drive on the highway with a phantom grille on?

I'm looking to get a phantom grille and the site that I went to says "not for highway use"...so does that mean its not safe and will fall off or are they just saying that for liability issues? Does anyone have one with highway experience?
Autobot_SkyFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 03:39 PM   #2
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
It says that because most, if not all, states have laws that headlights and turn signals be unobstructed while driving so other drivers can clearly see your vehicle.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:50 PM   #3
BlkThndr66
I'm not car-ist

Drives: '10 RY 2LT Camaro '96 Mustang Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolnslo View Post
It says that because most, if not all, states have laws that headlights and turn signals be unobstructed while driving so other drivers can clearly see your vehicle.
to the Face.

joking aside, ya. this is totally the reason. I would love to have that grill, especially modded to sit sunk in a bit, it's just sexy. But it's not worth it for me. just my .02
Team LLT-M6
BlkThndr66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 03:54 PM   #4
Autobot_SkyFire

Drives: silver rs
Ok so just for headlight reasons not falling off when you hit 80 miles an hour on the highway? I messaged a memeber and he said he's been pulled over and never given crap about it so I'm gonna try
Autobot_SkyFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 03:58 PM   #5
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobot_SkyFire View Post
Ok so just for headlight reasons not falling off when you hit 80 miles an hour on the highway? I messaged a memeber and he said he's been pulled over and never given crap about it so I'm gonna try
one of our local members has one....it wil NOT fall off if properly installed, he races his Camaro with it on....all he has to do is remove it when he gets his yearly safety inspection so it passes.....then reinstalls it.
Old 06-02-2011, 04:27 PM   #6
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
one of our local members has one....it wil NOT fall off if properly installed, he races his Camaro with it on....all he has to do is remove it when he gets his yearly safety inspection so it passes.....then reinstalls it.
Said member is around 635hp and low 11's in the 1/4 mile. Don't think you'll have a problem with the phantom grille staying on if properly installed.
Old 06-02-2011, 06:50 PM   #7
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolnslo View Post
Said member is around 635hp and low 11's in the 1/4 mile. Don't think you'll have a problem with the phantom grille staying on if properly installed.
RIGHT ON THE MONEY.....as you know EXACTLY who I was refering to.