Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-06-2011, 09:28 AM   #29
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
You were annoyed because a senior citizen expressed a bit of interest in your car? What are you, new? When someone asks me what I paid for something I usually laugh and say "More than I wanted to". It's really none of her business what you paid for YOUR car but you could have been polite and given nothing away if you'd said "Drop by xxx dealership and see what kind of deal they can cut you - ball park on these bad boys is around <insert ballpark price here>."
Meybe you've talked to a hundred people about your car and it's getting old, but meybe it's the first time she's talked to a Camaro owner and you just left an impression that will mar how she views all of us.
So... she tells her gang banger grandson about the arrogant a-hole she talked to with a Camaro. Grandson keys the next Camaro he sees parked somewhere just for spite.
Thanks for making us all look so damn good! Man-ner up, son. You need charm school.

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 10:31 AM   #30
tjudah87

Drives: 16 Camaro 1LT SIM
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by heRS View Post
You were annoyed because a senior citizen expressed a bit of interest in your car? What are you, new? When someone asks me what I paid for something I usually laugh and say "More than I wanted to". It's really none of her business what you paid for YOUR car but you could have been polite and given nothing away if you'd said "Drop by xxx dealership and see what kind of deal they can cut you - ball park on these bad boys is around <insert ballpark price here>."
Meybe you've talked to a hundred people about your car and it's getting old, but meybe it's the first time she's talked to a Camaro owner and you just left an impression that will mar how she views all of us.
So... she tells her gang banger grandson about the arrogant a-hole she talked to with a Camaro. Grandson keys the next Camaro he sees parked somewhere just for spite.
Thanks for making us all look so damn good! Man-ner up, son. You need charm school.
I hear what your saying but like the OP I prefer not to engage people at traffic lights and yes people whp drive next to you and want u to roll down windows while actually moving. If that makes me a dick so be it. I normally give vague answers about what I paid for my car like "not too much" or something. No insecurity on my part, unfortunately there is sometimes from the person asking. Lol, some people are almost offended that I have a brand new car and they don't. But there are some other circumstances that contribute to that.

tjudah87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 10:33 AM   #31
novice66

Drives: 2011 RS Camaro
Liquidsmoke-You sure are right. I was pissed that she was too stupid to get that i ignored her question 3 times because i didnt want to tell her but more i think because i did tell her on her fourth try. That really bothered me,so much that i missed the exit dropping off my little one. heRS- It wasn't so much that she was old,it was partly because she was skanky. I was polite. Thats why i was mad at myself,that i gave in and wasn't rude back.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:34 AM   #32
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
I applaud you for being polite to an elderly person who was showing interest in your car. You did the right thing. Being a hater doesn't do anyone any good.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 10:46 AM   #33
myocum2008

Drives: Inferno Orange 2LT V6 2010
Seems a little weird, I got a guy at my apartments that every time I park or come outside he is like Lewis from the ghostbusters movie and he always makes the same comment "I'll take that car off your hands if you don't want it" or something like that. At first it was funny but now I think he is out to get my camaro.
myocum2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 10:46 AM   #34
novice66

I also had this other female acquaintance ask at the same school grounds in front of a lot of school staff if i bought my Camaro with my income tax refund! I busted out laughing. Sometimes i ask Jesus why does he make it so hard for me to make it to heaven with so many stupid people in this world.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:47 AM   #35
myocum2008

Drives: Inferno Orange 2LT V6 2010
Thats one hell of a refund lol
myocum2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 10:51 AM   #36
novice66

I know right! thats what i was thinking. A 30 thousand+ refund. You know thats coming with an audit. Hilarious
Old 06-06-2011, 10:59 AM   #37
camaroqueen
Jules11 is home!

Drives: 2SS/RS/M-6 RJT/BLK 'Vert
Send a message via AIM to camaroqueen
LMAO!! I don't mind showing or telling people about my car, BUT when they ask what kind it is, it does bother me. The credit score, payments and etc were over the line!!
camaroqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:25 AM   #38
BlkThndr66
I'm not car-ist

Drives: '10 RY 2LT Camaro '96 Mustang Cobra
Dude; ya thats annoying. I like it when people ask what it is, but even more when they know what it is. That usually gauges my attitude from the start. I had an older fella pull next to me at the gas station in a brand new Charger n goes "young man, that is one hell of a car. Got enough room in there?" I told him yeah, its way bigger than people think. Turns out he literally just bought the Charger that day and was regretting it when he saw my car. He waited for me to finish so he could follow me n everything, pulled up to me at a light, gave a honk n squealed his tires. I like that stuff.

Then again I had another guy argue with me that it was a challenger. Seriously, even after I pointed to the fender emblem; he's like "You just put that on there cuz you wish it was a Camaro.... no joke. Guy said he was a Chevy person all his life and that I was a poser. When I walked away, I heard an old timer tell the kid "You're a dumbass, get back in your civic and leave him alone." I was so proud.
Team LLT-M6
BlkThndr66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:55 AM   #39
Jefe's SS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM L99
If someone asks me how much I paid I give them the range that Camaros sell for. "They start around $23K and go up to around $38-40K depending on what model and options you want." I think that's what most people want to know. Not necessarily what you paid.
Jefe's SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 12:29 PM   #40
angellina

Drives: 2011 LS
Almost everyone asks me what we paid for her. I pretty much tell them because my Dad has a big mouth and tells everyone he can get to listen to him anyway lol. She was cheaper than the SUV's that were my other choice and is of course much cooler and fun to drive. I don't mind too much unless people are blatantly rude. Haven't run across many people who don't know it's a Camaro, except for little kids who do say Mustang most the time.
angellina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 12:31 PM   #41
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
You were borderline defensive and rude but she was outta line for asking personal finance stuff. Granny was obviously smitten by you car
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 12:34 PM   #42
Camaroshark

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS RJT, 6speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroqueen View Post
LMAO!! I don't mind showing or telling people about my car, BUT when they ask what kind it is, it does bother me. The credit score, payments and etc were over the line!!
Agreed. They shouldn't ask those kinds of questions and you definitely shouldn't feel pressured to answer them.

Everything is about negotiating.

Of course, another route would be to low ball everything... I did that the other day to a wierdo...

"Wow...Camaro... how much was that?" -

A- About $8,000 out the door... I traded a 76 Pinto on it as a classic and I got a real deal.

"No kidding!"

Had absolutely no clue...
Camaroshark is offline   Reply With Quote