Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 03-07-2014, 03:29 PM   #43
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by trashmanssd View Post
Mack trash truck with mack 310M transmission if its in low hole and you let clutch out quick with the brake on it will just start creeping away. They have a lot torque and that tranny has double low in it.
That's some low end power there
Old 03-07-2014, 03:34 PM   #44
24ZZZZZ
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS BLACK M6
Did you apologize to your car?
24ZZZZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 05:26 PM   #45
Wildcherry13

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS IOM 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24ZZZZZ View Post
Did you apologize to your car?

No I left selfishly mad and fotgot to! Damn i! I shall make it up to her as soon as I get her back!
Wildcherry13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 06:57 PM   #46
Msmall143

Drives: Camaro
Ok...let me make you feel better by sharing what I did.

I did the same thing as you, except it was at a car meet with around 100 cars out. I started the car, thought I was in neutral and stalled out. The car bucked forward and e-brake caught it so it stalled.

However, the car bucked forward and the door was open! Next to me was a Ferrari! My door swung open right into the guys mint red Ferrari door! Embarrassing, and I paid to fix his door!

What body work are you having done!
Msmall143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:21 PM   #47
Wildcherry13

Man thats crazy! Im sorry bro but that made me laugh a little and it does make me feel good in a sense to know that my camaro will be fine, thanks for sharing your story! Sorry that happened to you though! Im getting a new bumper cover, new splitter and new right side HID halo due to some dumn guy who hit my car while I was parked. I couldn't believe it. Only 2931 miles on it amd already hit! His insurance is coverimg it all and so forth but to me, its still not going to be the same. How much did you have to pay for the repair? Was the guy mad?
Old 03-07-2014, 09:22 PM   #48
Wildcherry13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmall143 View Post
Ok...let me make you feel better by sharing what I did.

I did the same thing as you, except it was at a car meet with around 100 cars out. I started the car, thought I was in neutral and stalled out. The car bucked forward and e-brake caught it so it stalled.

However, the car bucked forward and the door was open! Next to me was a Ferrari! My door swung open right into the guys mint red Ferrari door! Embarrassing, and I paid to fix his door!

What body work are you having done!

Im sorry I thought replied through here. I meant to..
Old 03-12-2014, 10:17 PM   #49
Wildcherry13

*Update* Lesson learned!

Whats up everyone? I just wanted to give an update on my Camaro!
Thanks everyone for taking your time and sharing your experiences with me giving me some knowledge and peace of mind, priceless! I just got my 1le back today and I have to say first of all, I went on my way with no worries at all because of the feedback I had got from you all. I come here and only here for advise for my Camaro! Yes, I confess I went on a FB page first because its easier access and I hadn't been on here in a while, my apologies! but had NO luck, even on here on the proper forum and I almost gave up, but I have a 1le and should've came here first! I trust you guys and thank you all! So, on that note you were all correct, nothing wrong with it at all. It runs great! I was just tripping I guess and that's expected, my Camaro was hurt! Now for those wondering I had my car hit on the front and Richey Collision did and extreme job on my baby! I have NO complaints! Thats another thread ill be doing too later on! Heres my Camaro!!
Attached Images

Old 03-12-2014, 10:19 PM   #50
Wildcherry13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcherry13 View Post
Whats up everyone? I just wanted to give an update on my Camaro!
Thanks everyone for taking your time and sharing your experiences with me giving me some knowledge and peace of mind, priceless! I just got my 1le back today and I have to say first of all, I went on my way with no worries at all because of the feedback I had got from you all. I come here and only here for advise for my Camaro! Yes, I confess I went on a FB page first because its easier access and I hadn't been on here in a while, my apologies! but had NO luck, even on here on the proper forum and I almost gave up, but I have a 1le and should've came here first! I trust you guys and thank you all! So, on that note you were all correct, nothing wrong with it at all. It runs great! I was just tripping I guess and that's expected, my Camaro was hurt! Now for those wondering I had my car hit on the front and Richey Collision did and extreme job on my baby! I have NO complaints! Thats another thread ill be doing too later on! Heres my Camaro!!

As you can tell I learned my lesson and im starting to get the habbit of leaving it in first or reverse when parking it..
Old 03-12-2014, 11:36 PM   #51
Boydr12

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, 2013 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Haha oh yes happens to the best of us. Whenever my dad drives my car he always parks it in 1st. For some reason he just doesn't trust the parking break lol. Anyway once or twice I've let the clutch out forgetting that it is in gear.
Boydr12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 11:39 PM   #52
Boydr12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxBandit911 View Post
This is why I always park mine in gear, back up for the parking brake and build a habit to put it in neutral everytime I start it. Not to mention, you need to train yourself to always verify neutral before you let off the clutch...
Oh yeah, I always give the shifter a quick push to make sure it's in neutral before letting the clutch out at a stoplight or whatnot
Old 03-12-2014, 11:40 PM   #53
Boydr12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaemonGPF View Post
Wait, is this a Porsche GT-3 we're talking about?
Hahaha ask Richard Hammond about his
Old 03-14-2014, 11:59 AM   #54
Infantryman11C
High Angle Hell

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE
The first thing I do before I even start mine is make sure its in neutral. It happens to the best of us. I stalled mine on a hill start (even though it has a hill start assist) My wife just laughed. My pride was hurt.
Infantryman11C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 01:38 PM   #55
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boydr12 View Post
Whenever my dad drives my car he always parks it in 1st. For some reason he just doesn't trust the parking break lol.
Could be he's had experience with a P-brake cable icing up and leaving a rear brake stuck applied in the winter, or in some cars where too-frequent, too-hard use over-adjusted the rear brakes until they dragged.

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 01:53 PM   #56
cliffdog89

Drives: 2LT/RS M6 '12 Camaro
Your fine dude! I learned how to drive manual in my camaro - can't even tell you how many times I stalled out during that first hour. lol