Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-05-2011, 02:58 PM   #1
Black&orange

Drives: 2SS/RS/A6/BLK
Thumbs down Granny almost got ran over by my camaro

so my mom wanted to go to pier 1 imports while i was with her in the camaro and i drop her off and park way far in the parking ....a old lady comes and parks right next to me ...im watching her to make sure she doesnt hit the car actually im praying so shes getting her stuff out and opens the door...please dont hit the car please dont hit the car..the door opens a little she forgets something turns back and a tiny gust of win comes and whoop hits the side mirror i just put my hand over my head and shook:face palm:...sh e comes up to me and says im sorry it wasnt my fault the wind came and hit it but there is not even a knitch on it..i smiled and said its ok mam dont worry about it i saw that her door window hit the side mirror i was pretty sure it didnt leave anything but it just gives you that pain you know??? so i go to park in the front of the store to wait for my mom and im waiting thinking HA im safe here then MR. Rent-a-cop comes up and says you cant park here oo da da.......so i go back to the parking lot and just watch the car like a hawk for the rest of the time but jeez what a day idk how you guys can actually leave it out there with out worries??
Old 05-05-2011, 03:15 PM   #2
blizzpat
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 SS
Soon as you saw her start parking next to you, you should moved your car.
blizzpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 03:17 PM   #3
Black&orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzpat View Post
Soon as you saw her start parking next to you, you should moved your car.
i should of, next time i ever get into a situation like that i will make sure i movve with whoever parks next to me..except a new camaro
Old 05-05-2011, 03:18 PM   #4
blizzpat
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black&orange View Post
i should of, next time i ever get into a situation like that i will make sure i movve with whoever parks next to me..except a new camaro
Not anyone... Just old women or women with lots of children in their car.
Old 05-05-2011, 03:20 PM   #5
Black&orange

Quote:
Not anyone... Just old women or women with lots of children in their car.
that makes sense,will do..women are dangerous
Old 05-05-2011, 03:22 PM   #6
Dasein

Drives: 2011 CGM 1LT
To everyone who parks around you, it's just another car... nobody's gonna tiptoe around it or go out of their way to be careful just because it's a sexy f****** beast. Sucks, but that's how it is. Park in the nosebleeds!
Dasein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 03:24 PM   #7
blizzpat
Account Suspended

If you're going to stay in your car waiting, park far out and take 2 spots diagonally... People won't mess with you if you're in your car. Also get a concealed permit so if someone does try to mess with you, you can light them up.
Old 05-05-2011, 03:26 PM   #8
cab2g
love. my. car.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
If you're going to stay in your car waiting, park far out and take 2 spots diagonally... People won't mess with you if you're in your car. Also get a concealed permit so if someone does try to mess with you, you can light them up.
best advice ever. somebody starts giving you trouble about parking poorly. Shoot them. lol. yeah. let me know how that works out for you.

but in reply to the OP. yesterday a crappy beaten down minivan that looked like a rental/carpool van parked next to me. I moved as soon as I saw it. Luckily there were no dents. I park away from other cars when I go to work. Sometimes people like to park next to me for some reason....
Old 05-05-2011, 03:39 PM   #9
alfie43

Drives: S/C 2SS/RS Camaro-6M-VicRed
Send a message via ICQ to alfie43
how you guys can actually leave it out there with out worries

I dont....I never park my Camaro and leave it unattended.

Alfie
Old 05-05-2011, 03:49 PM   #10
BlkThndr66
I'm not car-ist

Drives: '10 RY 2LT Camaro '96 Mustang Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by cab2g View Post
best advice ever. somebody starts giving you trouble about parking poorly. Shoot them. lol. yeah. let me know how that works out for you.

but in reply to the OP. yesterday a crappy beaten down minivan that looked like a rental/carpool van parked next to me. I moved as soon as I saw it. Luckily there were no dents. I park away from other cars when I go to work. Sometimes people like to park next to me for some reason....
Seriously! when the carry and conceal goes through here in illinois I'll just make sure to carry around the Colt .45 semi X-clip. If a middle aged woman in a van parks next to me, Ill just shoot first and ask questions later. Sounds like a plan.

People always park by me too. I don't get it. Im not a jerk, I only use 1 spot. Dont park ridiculously far away, just a few spots over, every day. no mater where i am, always another car next to me, if not on both sides. Like people.... cmon. Im out there for a purpose.
Team LLT-M6
BlkThndr66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 03:51 PM   #11
Weezerj

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS -- 02 Escalade
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfie43 View Post
how you guys can actually leave it out there with out worries

I dont....I never park my Camaro and leave it unattended.

Alfie

I've told the wife many times, I will drive you to do some shopping, but I have to wait in the car........added bonus is I don't have to actually shop..
Weezerj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 04:02 PM   #12
Black&orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezerj View Post
I've told the wife many times, I will drive you to do some shopping, but I have to wait in the car........added bonus is I don't have to actually shop..
lol its nothing about beaten down cars its that this old lady didnt pay attention.. but i gave her the benefit of the doubt because shes old you know?? i would never yell or argue with a old person other then that idk about the gun permit one lmao!
Old 05-05-2011, 04:26 PM   #13
xXSilencerXx
Butter Bar!

Drives: 2011 SS, 1998 Trans Am
Just park in the back. And don't take up 2 spots, that just asks for vandalism.
xXSilencerXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 05:28 PM   #14
Caspers2SSRS
Caspers2SSRS

Drives: Summit White 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
My advice, avoid the entire senario, leave your car at home and just have mom drive her beater mini van next time.
Caspers2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote