Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-06-2011, 01:30 AM   #1
novice66

Drives: 2011 RS Camaro
Nosey people

Last Friday, as I was leaving my sons school, I was annoyed at how rude and Nosey some people can be. So, as I'm walking to my car this older lady sitting nearby yells to me "hey,what kind of car is that?" Strike one. You already bothered me by being dumb and not knowing this is a Camaro. And I you were really curious it says it right in front of your face on the fender. So I tell her and quickly buckle my little one in the back seat thinking please don't come over here and talk some more. Sure enough as soon as I get ready to close the door she jumps off her seat and says "Ohh let me see the inside I've never seen it before." I'm thinking ok hurry up. So sure enough being the class of person she was she says "Ohh this looks expensive! I bet you paid a lot, how much are your payments?" so I ignored her question 3 times and finally I just told her so I could just leave. But not before she asked how much I paid, if I had good credit, what was my credit score, where did I buy it, and prably some other crap. It's one thing to talk to a friend about personal stuff like that but to just ask some random person about thier finances is crazy. IDE expect that from a young punk that doesn't know any better but not from a 60 yr old whorey looking grandma. Am I just being a a-hole or is this ok with most people? And I don't mind people wanting to see my car I think it was just the intrusive q's that bothered me. Does this happen frequently to any of you.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:35 AM   #2
Lunatic

Drives: 80 Camaro Z28
LMAO Come on man that was a little harsh.

But I agree, she did seem nosy. I probably would of lost it.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:40 AM   #3
MannyC

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
This specific problem hasnt happen to me in regards to my car, but it has happened with my house. My girlfriend's co-worker came over for a visit, whome Ive never met before, and started asking how much I paid/put down. I was like wtf? But its definately a manners thing. Just like holding doors open for women or chewing with your mouth open. You were either taught while you were young or you werent. She obviously wasnt. But on that same token, if you know its rude of others to ask you personal questions like that, its hard to be rude back to them and tell them NUNYA!
MannyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 01:48 AM   #4
novice66

Drives: 2011 RS Camaro
Man in my head I was going off! You see inside my head I'm a total d--k. But on the outside I'm like sure no problem my pleasure. Our family gets that from having business, we can't tell the customers what we are really thinking but we have to be professional. So I was like if I ask her when her last menstrual cycle was I bet that would end this conversation really quick! Lol and like how about you hop in I'll take you behind the school and tell you all about it. I wonder what my facial expression looked like when we were talking?
Old 06-06-2011, 01:54 AM   #5
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
that does seem kind of annoying.
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 01:59 AM   #6
RichieRich

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS
Have a neighbor who at the most waves hi and bye. Couple weeks after I got my Camaro when washing he actually walks across his 30 foot lawn over to me, starts asking questions. Told him I'll take you for a ride, so we did, droped him off and he never speaks to me same routine of hi and bye. What's wrong w/people?
RichieRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:01 AM   #7
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieRich View Post
Have a neighbor who at the most waves hi and bye. Couple weeks after I got my Camaro when washing he actually walks across his 30 foot lawn over to me, starts asking questions. Told him I'll take you for a ride, so we did, droped him off and he never speaks to me same routine of hi and bye. What's wrong w/people?
thats just weird.
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:28 AM   #8
MannyC

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
Should of just farted and pretend nothing happened. lol
MannyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:40 AM   #9
PM Designs

Drives: 2011 Camaro, 99 Silverado , 69 C-10
I get asked that a lot, I'll answer some questions but not give that person all my personal financial info when that starts getting asked. Also I ask friends what they've paid for a vehicle, but not random people.
PM Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:54 AM   #10
Bonemaro

Drives: 2010 RJT 1SS M6
Send a message via AIM to Bonemaro
Excuse me sonny whatcha driving there young man....

Bonemaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 03:02 AM   #11
CamaroMiami

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS LS3, 92 Camaro RS
Keeping your cool novice66 is to be expected of camaro owners and you did a fine job of it.

Actually, all driving ages look good in a camaro and she seemed to be trying to imagine herself owning / driving a camaro to get that permagrin that you have

Yes, she was nosey but, it's to be expected since you own a wonderfully, stylish, beautiful beast.
CamaroMiami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 03:02 AM   #12
RocketCutlass
Property USMC

Drives: 95 Caprice 9C1
You've probably been targeted for identity theft. Shred your trash lol.
RocketCutlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 03:05 AM   #13
Camaro_hx
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS CGM
Send a message via MSN to Camaro_hx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonemaro View Post
Excuse me sonny whatcha driving there young man....

Camaro_hx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 03:09 AM   #14
CamaroMiami

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS LS3, 92 Camaro RS
Hey everyone, don't forget that a man 101 years old bought an early build back in 2009

Bonemaro, that pic and saying is too funny
CamaroMiami is offline   Reply With Quote