Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 04-27-2010, 09:21 AM   #519
Nine Ball

Drives: 1969 & 2016 Camaro SS
Who said you could shave tires? That is an idiotic statement. Avoid advice from that guy!

And yes, UPS charges quite a bit if you have them pack stuff for you. Plus they charge you for supplies, which are marked up a lot.

I can't fault Savini for taking the Firestone report as gospel though, they still have to inspect the wheels themselves first. It isn't like the Firestone guy used a dial indicator to measure the tolerances, nor did he know what was acceptable even if he could have done so.

I'd say to be patient and just let Savini handle the issue, I'm sure they will make it right.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:30 AM   #520
themossman
Apprehensive Optimist

Drives: '10 SS/RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Ball View Post
Who said you could shave tires? That is an idiotic statement. Avoid advice from that guy!

And yes, UPS charges quite a bit if you have them pack stuff for you. Plus they charge you for supplies, which are marked up a lot.

I can't fault Savini for taking the Firestone report as gospel though, they still have to inspect the wheels themselves first. It isn't like the Firestone guy used a dial indicator to measure the tolerances, nor did he know what was acceptable even if he could have done so.

I'd say to be patient and just let Savini handle the issue, I'm sure they will make it right.
Did he order the wheels from you?
Engine:Phase One-(All work by Vengeance Racing): Custom Cam, AR Headers, ported throttle body, ported intake, custom tune, dual valve springs, hardened push rods, under drive pulley, thermostat, Vararam CAI, C5R timing chain, Melling oil pump catch can, breather, MagnaFlow Sport Axle Back
Suspension: Pfadt Sport Sway Bars, Pfadt drop springs
Other: MGW Shifter, Custom Paint
my build journal ---->http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30057
themossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 09:57 AM   #521
Nine Ball

Yes, he ordered the wheels through me. Savini is handling the quality issues directly, and I am assisting PQ on this.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:50 AM   #522
themossman
Apprehensive Optimist

Quote:
Yes, he ordered the wheels through me. Savini is handling the quality issues directly, and I am assisting PQ on this.
I've heard nothing but good things about you on the forum...so I offer this with that in mind...and I hope you understand that I'm not trying to beat you up...I'm just offering opinion based on my view of things as a forum reader/participant.

As a vendor for Savini, I would imagine that you carry more 'weight' in terms of dealing with issues and RMA's.

While I don't resell product, we do sell services to customers for Manufactures products (very often the deals go on the same paper and we're a sub). If the customer is experiencing a significant product related issue, our company will manage the transaction for several reasons. First, we know the right people to contact in order to expedite the issue. This saves the customer from having to make 'blind' calls into an organization they are not familiar with. Second, we maintain credibility with the Manufacturer...they know when we call the issue is real and validated, so resolutions tend to be expedited and our customers are treated with a higher level of trust and respect.

I understand that you are 'assisting' PQ...but I would hope that any vendor from which I purchased a product would 'manage' the process...and just keep me informed of the updates.

In all honesty, and I don't say this to be rude or harsh, but you went from my short list of wheel vendors to 'off the list'. I don't want to buy a defective product from one party and immediately be redirected to the Manufacturer to remedy the issue...especially a product whose cost exceeds several thousand dollars.
Engine:Phase One-(All work by Vengeance Racing): Custom Cam, AR Headers, ported throttle body, ported intake, custom tune, dual valve springs, hardened push rods, under drive pulley, thermostat, Vararam CAI, C5R timing chain, Melling oil pump catch can, breather, MagnaFlow Sport Axle Back
Old 04-27-2010, 11:05 AM   #523
Nine Ball

PQ had a special arrangement with Savini from the beginning. He has been in direct contact with Savini and myself, since day one of this order. He was not "calling in blind", as you suggest. PQ had a huge time constraint, Camaro5Fest. We jumped through hoops to get his order processed quickly, as his initial ordering date actually came in later than the suggested production time window.

Savini decided to handle this directly, not myself. I'm not part of their quality control process, only sales. My pressure comes from the potential to not carry or recommend their brand, should this not be resolved. This issue is far more efficient if I don't play middle-man and relay messages back and forth between them. Everyone involved knows what the issues are.

Personally, I'd MUCH rather deal with the manufacturer of a product I purchase, than a salesperson. I'd want direct, unfiltered information, good or bad. I'm not quite sure how me standing in the middle would make this any better.

I mean damn, I already offered to pay for PQ's wheels out of my own pocket IN FULL if there is a problem. Sure, it would suck to do that, but I will do it.

Tony
Old 04-27-2010, 11:26 AM   #524
JB @ C and L Machine

Drives: Ordered 2011
Quote:

I mean damn, I already offered to pay for PQ's wheels out of my own pocket IN FULL if there is a problem. Sure, it would suck to do that, but I will do it.

Tony

Now thats customer service ...I have wheels on order with Tony also.

Jay
JB @ C and L Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 11:42 AM   #525
Nine Ball

I spoke with Savini this morning, to get another update. They will respond shortly.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:06 PM   #526
Savini
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Send a message via AIM to Savini
Hey guys! I apologize for the delay!!! The person who was responsible for the forms is no longer with the company. I (Nick) will be taking it from here...

PQ - It was myself that you spoke with on the phone regarding these wheels. We are patiently awaiting their arrival to get them fixed and back out to you as soon as possible.

I have printed out your posted shipping receipt and am taking the necessary actions to make sure you are reimbursed 100% for your shipping expense. I have spoken with Tony (DV8) and let him know the same thing.

I will be walking these through the process from the time they come in till the time they head back out to you. Thanks for your patience Randy!!
Savini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 12:09 PM   #527
Savini
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Send a message via AIM to Savini
To further elaborate on this issue, every wheel that we build gets a computer run out analysis to ensure it is true. Here are a couple pictures of the machine/process we use.

We fully back our products and want our customer to be 100% satisfied with the product as well as the buying experience. Thanks guys... hope this helps a little
Savini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 12:24 PM   #528
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Nick:
Thanks for the reassurance of your customer support. I just ordered a set of Savini SV33 wheels through Nine Ball (Tony) and I am feeling much more confident that I've purchased from a quality company. Nine Ball has been great to work with. Thanks for posting and letting us know you're on the case.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 12:55 PM   #529
themossman
Apprehensive Optimist

Quote:
I'm not quite sure how me standing in the middle would make this any better.

Tony
Good information...and certainly paints a different picture. In regards to you standing in the middle...go back and look at my points...it's not about standing in the middle...it's about facilitating and expediting due to relationships....and it sounds like you've done your part...so...nice work.

Regarding your commitment to make the situation right...again...nice work. I would suggest PQ update the original post once the resolution is complete to reflect you were ready to 'bail' Savini out if it came down to that.

I'm glad you added clarity as it certainly didn't ring true to the many other posts/purchases I've seen you involved/mentioned in.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:57 PM   #530
themossman
Apprehensive Optimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savini View Post
I have printed out your posted shipping receipt and am taking the necessary actions to make sure you are reimbursed 100% for your shipping expense. I have spoken with Tony (DV8) and let him know the same thing.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:02 PM   #531
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SSRSM6 View Post
DO NOT SHAVE YOUR TIRES.

Why would someone even say that? They want you to shave $2000 worth of rubber, weakening it and reducing its functionality because they screwed up $5000 worth of rim? WTF??
I just want to make it clear. SAVINI was NOT the one who told me about shaving the tires. lmao

It was a guy at the bowling alley this passed Friday. I just hadn't heard of it. haha

Quote:

I'm confident about it. Nick is now the man. I was actually irritated at Jeff. I totaly get that they need to get the wheels back to see for themselves. I am a little nervous however with all this 'tolerance' and 'runout' talk that I'm in an area where I don't know ANYTHING. When you are the ignorant one, that's when you are the most vulnerable. All I know is that the wheels shook my car and were balanced twice and I was told by the tire shops that they were bad. What else was I supposed to do? If the video of the rim bouncing up and down doesn't mean anything then I'm lost. That's what they showed me at both shops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themossman View Post
I've heard nothing but good things about you on the forum...so I offer this with that in mind...and I hope you understand that I'm not trying to beat you up...I'm just offering opinion based on my view of things as a forum reader/participant.

As a vendor for Savini, I would imagine that you carry more 'weight' in terms of dealing with issues and RMA's.

While I don't resell product, we do sell services to customers for Manufactures products (very often the deals go on the same paper and we're a sub). If the customer is experiencing a significant product related issue, our company will manage the transaction for several reasons. First, we know the right people to contact in order to expedite the issue. This saves the customer from having to make 'blind' calls into an organization they are not familiar with. Second, we maintain credibility with the Manufacturer...they know when we call the issue is real and validated, so resolutions tend to be expedited and our customers are treated with a higher level of trust and respect.

I understand that you are 'assisting' PQ...but I would hope that any vendor from which I purchased a product would 'manage' the process...and just keep me informed of the updates.

In all honesty, and I don't say this to be rude or harsh, but you went from my short list of wheel vendors to 'off the list'. I don't want to buy a defective product from one party and immediately be redirected to the Manufacturer to remedy the issue...especially a product whose cost exceeds several thousand dollars.
That's unfair to be certain. Tony has right there when I had questions and told me how to streamline the process. AND, has gauranteed my satisfaction. There are products that are sold in large chains and small stores that state you have to deal with the manufacturer directly for repairs. The cost of shipping is substantial with wheels. It's more cost effective and easier to deal with the manufacturer directly. I think you are missjudging the situation.

Tony was able to work with Savini to get me these wheels in HALF the normal time. Tony has contacted me either by phone or e-mail EVERY time I sent him a PM. Even called me while he was at lunch and got the PM in e-mail, the day I discovered the problem.

Quote:
I already offered to pay for PQ's wheels out of my own pocket IN FULL if there is a problem. Sure, it would suck to do that, but I will do it.

Tony
I won't let you dude. I think Savini will get it right anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB @ C and L Machine View Post
Now thats customer service ...I have wheels on order with Tony also.

Jay

Quote:
I spoke with Savini this morning, to get another update. They will respond shortly.
Thank you, but until they get the wheels on Friday, I don't think there will be much to say.

Quote:
Hey guys! I apologize for the delay!!! The person who was responsible for the forms is no longer with the company. I (Nick) will be taking it from here...

PQ - It was myself that you spoke with on the phone regarding these wheels. We are patiently awaiting their arrival to get them fixed and back out to you as soon as possible.

I will be walking these through the process from the time they come in till the time they head back out to you. Thanks for your patience Randy!!
Thank you Nick. Pleasure to talk to you on the phone. Sorry you were kinda tossed to the wolves so to speak. And glad to have you on the forum. If you could check this vid, would you say this is normal? You can even see the shadow on the surface it's self going up and down. Not just the lip edge.
I'm just trying to understand what's happening because this is what the shops showed me.

Quote:
To further elaborate on this issue, every wheel that we build gets a computer run out analysis to ensure it is true. Here are a couple pictures of the machine/process we use.

We fully back our products and want our customer to be 100% satisfied with the product as well as the buying experience. Thanks guys... hope this helps a little
Old 04-27-2010, 01:13 PM   #532
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by themossman View Post
Good information...and certainly paints a different picture. In regards to you standing in the middle...go back and look at my points...it's not about standing in the middle...it's about facilitating and expediting due to relationships....and it sounds like you've done your part...so...nice work.

Regarding your commitment to make the situation right...again...nice work. I would suggest PQ update the original post once the resolution is complete to reflect you were ready to 'bail' Savini out if it came down to that.

I'm glad you added clarity as it certainly didn't ring true to the many other posts/purchases I've seen you involved/mentioned in.
Crap. I'll do that right now.