Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 05-25-2010, 11:43 AM   #15
Duke

Drives: 2010 Red SS/RS
Thanks for the great information. Based on that I think using a self tuner like HP tuners or EFI Live would be a recipe for disaster for me. I think this transmission just has too many variables and would take me forever to get it right...if I didn't grenade it first.

Now, with that said. Please give me some questions to ask my potential pro tuner. I can see that one guy could just turn off torque management and be done. And another guy could go in and adjust quite a few things to really optimize and protect the transmission and drive train. So, how do I figure out who I am dealing with?

I don't know how many times I've heard, "Oh, I've done hundreds of these things, trust me." Please give me some ammo, so I can go a little deeper than that.
Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 11:53 AM   #16
DSteck
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Corvette Z06
Find if there's anybody in your area that's recommended and actually participates in discussions about tuning them. I would never just totally back out torque management completely. Cutting it out 50% along with making the proper changes elsewhere makes it feel great without tons of potential of killing it.

A6s are so retarded that I don't even touch them... I sub it out to a local guy who makes them work great.
DSteck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 01:44 PM   #17
Icntdrv55
CCOTR Member

Drives: Victory Red 2010 2SS/RS A6
Just order one from Vector or Jennetty.....you cant go wrong with either one!
2010 Camaro SS/RS Victory Red A6- Vararam Intake, Doug Thorley Tri Y LTs, Magnaflow X-pipe, Flowmaster Super 40's, VMS Tune, Razzi Ground Effects, Herritage Grill, RED headlight and fog light Halos, LED DRLs, Dash and extended Door ABL, engine, grill and rear defusser LED lighting ........ 12.59@112.21 (DA Corrected)
Icntdrv55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 03:02 PM   #18
Chris@HPS

Drives: 2005corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke View Post
Thanks for the great information. Based on that I think using a self tuner like HP tuners or EFI Live would be a recipe for disaster for me. I think this transmission just has too many variables and would take me forever to get it right...if I didn't grenade it first.

Now, with that said. Please give me some questions to ask my potential pro tuner. I can see that one guy could just turn off torque management and be done. And another guy could go in and adjust quite a few things to really optimize and protect the transmission and drive train. So, how do I figure out who I am dealing with?

I don't know how many times I've heard, "Oh, I've done hundreds of these things, trust me." Please give me some ammo, so I can go a little deeper than that.
You have Torque management that the engine controls. Then you have Torque management in the transmission section as well. As far as some questions, ask him about these, Stall Torque management,Torque reduction,ask him to adjust the auto shift speed, you have desired shift times, you have inertia factor profile which adjust how the shifts feel based on engine speed in rpm,Shift time inertia, etc. Ask your tuner about line pressures, max line pressures,base shift pressures,etc...... There are alot more tables than this as well, but this is a good start. If you tuner freaks out when you ask him about these, find someone else!
Hope this helps!
Chris@HPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 03:03 PM   #19
iwanttogofastNY

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS ABM
I know of a couple A6 that had a tune with Chuck at COW (corvettes of westchester) and said it was a whole new car.......he know he does mail order tunes also
Mods: American Racing Headers & Exhaust, Airaid Intake, Pfadt Front/Rear Sway Bars, Stealth Bulbs, AAC LED bowtie, AAC Concept LED Side-markers ABM/Tinted, 20% Tints, Chuck COW Tune, MGW shifter (blue with white racing stripes).

Coming Soon: 4:10 Gears?
iwanttogofastNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 11:34 AM   #20
ShaneH

Drives: 09 pontiac g8
a6's are for sure a neat little breed....

ShaneH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 10:27 AM   #21
Jason 98 TA

Drives: Camaro
Don't forget about the TSP mail order tuning! We offer the same great tranny tunes we provide to our local customers setup & installed in your pcm for a very reasonable price. We've been tuning LS vehicles as long as tuning software has been available, and will easily put our tuning & packages against anyone in the country.
Jason 98 TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 12:10 PM   #22
JS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Just finished yesterday tuning my A6 with the Boss..Car shifts like stock in D mode, In S mode its a quicker shift time and firm without knocking your teeth out, under wot its real nice (Set at 5800 upshifts) for now until we get her on the dyno..

I also turned off the AFM, I couldnt take it anymore..
Car feels good..
Magnaflow Magnapack Axleback & Resonated X-Pipe/OBX LT Headers/Airaid Cold Air Kit/Injection Connection Tuned
JS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:15 PM   #23
craigd853

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris@HPS View Post
These new A6's when tuned properly change the car and the way it drives full circle. You can actually enjoy the car for the reason's you purchased it.
do you sell a tune for EFI Live for the A-6 tranny that can be ordered thru the mail I have the tuner and have put 373's in it and need to adjust the shift points. Can u guys help me out?
craigd853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 12:43 PM   #24
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigd853 View Post
do you sell a tune for EFI Live for the A-6 tranny that can be ordered thru the mail I have the tuner and have put 373's in it and need to adjust the shift points. Can u guys help me out?
We do Remote Tuning Via SCT X3, Tunes are Sent via Email.

I have perfect shift points for 3.73 and Great Tunes for your other Mods.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 03:53 PM   #25
craigd853

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris@HPS View Post
Tuning the new A6 automatic tranny is not for the novice tuner.
There is over 400 parameters with this new transmission alone. It is very easy to cause damage to this tranny if not tuned properly! We charge a little more for tuning the A6 since the time to do so is more involved with this tranny.

can you send me a sfe tune formy A6 L99 using EFI Live. I have that tuner and I put 3.73 gears in last week and need to adjust my shift points. Thanks
craigd853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 11:44 AM   #26
Chuck CoW

Drives: Corvette/Camaro Shop Owner
Call me and I'll show you how good it can be...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke View Post
I want to get a tune for my A6, to make the shifts firmer, reduce torque management in Sport mode and normal in Drive mode. And if I could really have my cake and eat it too, the tune would optimize engine performance in Sport mode and optimize gas mileage in Drive mode.

Now my options, as best as I know, are go to a local tuner or get a mail order tune. Both of these then have more options.

So, can what I want be done with a handheld tuner? If not, then I have to go to a local tuner or maybe Vector can do it. Am I correct so far?

If I get a local tune done with say HPtuners, can I store it on a handheld, so I can flash back to stock and back to the tune when I need to? Without going back to the local shop?

One last question. If I flash back to stock, go to the dealer and they flash an update for say the radio or cruise control. Then I or the local tuner reflashes the tune, will the update still be there?

I'm just looking for a solution and appreciate everyone's view.
Call me and I'll show you how good it can be...

I've been offering some of the best A6 tunes on the market since that transmission became available.

Call us any time and we'll set you up with the AutoCal tool to load your tunes,

datalog, and return to stock any time you like....

The Efi Live AutoCal tool is the least expensive and most sophisticated tool

on the market for reading, logging, and flashing virtually ANY GM Flashable controller. Engine or Transmission.

Additionally, any custom "Chuck CoW" tune features or custom operating systems

can be read and flashed with AutoCal which is something no other tune tune tool and do.

Call any time and ask for Chuck or Brandon for the details.

We Guarantee your V6/A6 and V8/A6 Chuck CoW Tunes to be much more

fun than the competition!

Give us a call!
Chuck CoW
Chuck CoW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:37 PM   #27
Tampa Tuning
Account Suspended

Drives: TAMPA TUNING FACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM
www.TampaTuning.com

Ive done alot of the A6 trannys from bolt ons to turbocharged motors.

Even when you upload a baseline, they dont all respond the same and need additional owner choice fine tuning. The early 2010 profiles are differant than the late 2010s and 2011s. The A4s have about a dozen changes needed. The A6 has almost 200 tables. You just cant wing it and hope for the best.

Once completed, I love them.
Tampa Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote