Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 06-05-2012, 04:03 PM   #15

Drives: 2011 Z06, 2004 Cobra, 1991 MR2Turbo
And they were all v6s
880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 04:03 PM   #16
bmwdon
I refuse to go smurfy

Drives: 2009 Challenger SRT8, 2010 Camaro
absolutely!!! I envy your small penis :(

-Bill...the Camaro was my wifes, now she's got a minivan
Challenger- 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Procharger D1 Supercharger: 10.895 @ 126.720 MPH
bmwdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 04:05 PM   #17
oldlugs
Account Suspended

Drives: 2008 Bullitt + 2009 Shelby GT-500KR
Quote:
Originally Posted by saintrob View Post
I had a guy last night in a new Tacoma wanting to race me. I just laugh at these morons. A Tacoma, really?
Beware the blown S and X-Runners with real tires under 'em... They may surprise you. Some out there run in the 11s.
I still have my TRD (Magnuson) blown & header'd '01 S-Runner, and it scoots along quite well.
BTW- these trucks are built in USA, unlike some "American" muscle cars...

The one below isn't mine, but it does look the same.
http://youtu.be/uDxxnZQvYeg

oldlugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 04:07 PM   #18
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
I had a couple of young gentlemen politely ask me to do a burnout at a stop light the other day. I told them that the Pirellis cost too much. They laughed and went on their way.
Old 06-05-2012, 04:11 PM   #19
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooley View Post
Challengers NEVER challenge me. Thugs in Chargers sometimes. Mostly I get rice buckets with fart cans, PU trucks and minivans.
Yeah, for whatever reason the Challengers never want anything to do with me. The kids in the rice burners are constantly trying to lure me into a zig zagging contest through traffic. That's the only way they can beat anyone.
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 04:20 PM   #20
queenz700xx

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3 IOM
well there was this one kid that i know who just put a $3500 exhaust on his 2011 bmw m3 and "thought" he was the man until...........i think you guys can figure out what happened next lol.
queenz700xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 04:27 PM   #21
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Drives: 2014 Stingray, 2015 Panamera 4
Just had a V6 Camaro try me. Too bad, so sad for him! I'm a cruiser, not a racer...but Da WHALE got a lil pick up, as he discovered. From behind, though. LoL, I know IBTL.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:30 PM   #22
Vette TPI

Drives: 1987 Corvette TPI
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Last summer - I had the same thing happen with a Blue Mustang - after a while, we arrived at a Red Light. The guy starts revving his engine - I rolled the window down and said (as I was laughing) ".........what IS that thing? A SMURF???"
That's the best!
Old 06-06-2012, 01:39 AM   #23
05SilverStreak

Drives: Black aSS 2011 - L99
Its all in what we have put into our cars. Or what someone else has put into theirs. I like races of all kinds. I used to own a kind of modded "neon SRT4" and put down plenty of cars with "Muscle" as you call it. But I grew up a bit and got something more age appropriate. now I just cruise and listen to the roar of the big motor. And like the mustang guy says beware. since I come from the whole turbo 4 banger thing you know what to listen for and such. Some of them you have a 50/50 chance with at best. Not a plug for the ricers, but performance and power can take all shapes.
05SilverStreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:34 AM   #24
MrGood

Drives: Broken palmghetto test car
Send a message via Yahoo to MrGood
Quote:
"may I suggest you buy American?".........
No offense but that's pretty retarded lol. Camaros are made in Canada. My dads tundra was made in America. If I had the money I would drive a tundra. Not for that reason, but because it its nicer than american trucks and will outlive them every one of our farm trucks now are toyota and every one runs great with over 400k miles. As far as real cars go... I firmly believe nearly anything German far surpasses "American" in quality. They will definitely outlive them. Just like Japanese. Just like Chinese.
MrGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:55 AM   #25
Kiss My SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS/RS
Mr Good your a walkin talkin Asian Car advertisement....lol
Kiss My SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:57 AM   #26
Kiss My SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS/RS
Oldlugs, maybe some asian cars are built here and some US cars are built in Canada or Mexico BUT the big difference is where do the profits stay?, US cars, right here in the US, Asian cars it goes straight to Tokyo...
Kiss My SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:21 AM   #27
MrGood

Drives: Broken palmghetto test car
Send a message via Yahoo to MrGood
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiss My SS View Post
Mr Good your a walkin talkin Asian Car advertisement....lol
I'm sorry I simply prefer quality and longevity. I can say that because out of the 20 driver trucks we've had over the years at the farm we have one Chevrolet ,two fords, four nissans and six toyotas left. When we got them we had 6 Chevys 4 fords 4 nissans and 6 toyotas. Oh and we still have the 1 gmc that we had but it's useless considering it gets locked in 4wd every time you use it. Experience is the best teacher. If there's such thing as a proving ground for the durability quality and longevity of a truck it's a farm. I drive a Camaro still though. And I love it. Except when the window gets stuck, the sensors in the seat make me sit at a dealership for 14 hours, the cheap paint on the wheels flake off, the rs badge loses half it's paint, the pleather on my steering wheel peels off at the bottom, my leather seats crack, it acts like its missing the gear, the plastic pillar falls down, it automatically shifts at like 2k rpms when I'm in manual mode, the speakers rattle when there's low bass, have to take my whole trunk apart to get to the battery, the back seat falls down on its own, the radio crackles when I listen to anything aux, other than all that I love my car and will keep it until it falls apart. Because hey. It sure looks nice!
MrGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:31 AM   #28
TOBY J

Drives: BLOWN CAMARO SS PORSCHE PANNY TURBO
Quote:
I'd like to think it's because they just HAVE to see the beauty and handsomeness of the Camaro!

I had a few '.....well............' - "guys" in a Mercedes that thought it would be cool to screw around last week when I was driving 'Mr. Bond' -

I won't fall for it - it's called Street Racing and that's how people get hurt or worse. They started blowing the horn - and I put my window down and said

"So! When are you going to get a REAL automobile? - and may I suggest you buy American?".........

.........that put them in a tizzy and off they went.

Last summer - I had the same thing happen with a Blue Mustang - after a while, we arrived at a Red Light. The guy starts revving his engine - I rolled the window down and said (as I was laughing) ".........what IS that thing? A SMURF???"

The guy got all huffy - and just then the light turned Green.......

..........and he stalled the Mustang!

.......just had to share those.........
good choice because most of the time all you'll see is the AMG badge on the rear bumper when you play with those Benz cars.
TOBY J is offline   Reply With Quote