Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 03-04-2010, 02:02 PM   #1
trashauler

Drives: 2010 ABM 2SS RS 2008 Trailblazer
My Story (sorry for the long read)

My Story
Like most here I fell in love with the Camaro after the concept. I will say I never thought it would go into production due to the economy. I also thought that if it did come out I would be unable to afford it.

Well on March 27th 2009 I had an accident and cut off my left ring and middle finger (have graphic pics if anyone wants to see). I remember it like it was yesterday. It was Friday afternoon around 5:30. I was trying to help one of my mechanics finish up a job so we could all get off and enjoy the weekend. I cut a few corners and the next thing you know my fingers were laying on the ground. I was rushed to the hospital and they were unable to reattach my fingers. The very next day I had two things on my mind.

1. It is my daughter’s first daddy daughter dance and I am not going to miss it for anything. The doctor wanted to keep me for another night but I requested to leave so I could make my daughters dance. It was one of the greatest times I ever had dancing with my six year old.
2. Life is short and you never know what is going to happen. Live for today and worry about tomorrow when it comes.

I am very stubborn and a hard worker. I didn’t even miss a day of work due to the accident. I have great employers that worked with me and allowed me to get off early or come in late to make my doctor appointments or physical therapy.

From that day forward I started to save some money for my dream car 2010 2SS RS ABM Camaro. What do you know October rolls around and GM announces that ABM will be discontinued. What a bummer I was in no position to order the car yet.

Then Synergy Green comes out. What a great color! So I focus on that car thinking by the time you could order I should have enough money saved. Then I found out you could only get it in a 1LT. No go for me and back to the drawing board.

January 2010 I finally have my finance in order and start my search for my 2SS RS ABM 6M. Although I would have preferred to order this was the next best thing. I called a few dealers to do a search and then did a live chat on GM’s website. Through the chat I found the exact car I would have ordered located just 90 miles south of me. I went to the dealership to check it out. Fell in love and started talking numbers. Worked out a great deal with the guy and then went home to check with the wife to see what she thought. Wife said go for it so the next day we got in the car and went to pick up my baby. Drove it home on January 30th 2010 vin # 72191. Now I can’t wait until Spring so I drive it!

Though I have only been able to put just over 100 miles on the car I love it! It meets and exceeds all my expectations. I don’t plan on doing many mods to the car because I like it the way it is.

Special thanks to GM for bringing back the Camaro. To the entire crew at Oshawa for building a great car. Last but not least to the entire C5 family for all the advice and knowledge.

Thanks again and sorry for the long read.
Old 03-04-2010, 02:09 PM   #2
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
Wow! Cool, but sad, story. Great outcome though! Congratulations! Enjoy her, you deserve it!!
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 03:44 PM   #3
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by trashauler View Post
..... sorry for the long read.
It was a pleasure. Man what a story.

Glad all is well.

M6 after cutting two fingers off? Boy, you ARE stubborn. lol

Enjoy the heck out of that car. How does your daughter like it?
Old 03-04-2010, 03:54 PM   #4
trashauler

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
It was a pleasure. Man what a story.

Glad all is well.

M6 after cutting two fingers off? Boy, you ARE stubborn. lol

Enjoy the heck out of that car. How does your daughter like it?
All is good and enjoying every minute.

I guess I should state I didn't loose the entire fingers. About an inch off of my ring finger and then just above the knuckle on the middle finger. The middle one is great for giving people the bird when your only half p!??@d off. lol.

My daughter likes the car but not as much as my 5 year old son does.

Oh and as luck would have we have our second daddy daughter dance on March 27th this year. My daughter told me no accidents this time. lol

Last edited by trashauler; 03-04-2010 at 05:01 PM.
trashauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 04:09 PM   #5
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Congrats
2010 SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 06:36 AM   #6
trashauler

Mother nature is starting to give us some good weather. We had a week of rain here washing all the salt off the roads. I plan on doing a full detail this weekend and if weather is good next week finally getting it out of hibernation. I cant wait!
Old 03-12-2010, 09:17 AM   #7
Mailman

Drives: 2010 2LT RS
Great story--sorry about the loss of your finger parts. That part really sucks but the best parts are your new car and the most important part; Daddy-Daughter-Dance cuz as you said you only live once!

I also like the green color on this car--to bad its limited.

Ride life with your windows down!
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 02:44 PM   #8
trashauler

Thanks Mailman. Life is short and kids grow up so fast.
Old 03-12-2010, 04:34 PM   #9
camarowa

Drives: 2013 SVT Raptor, sold 2010 Camaro
congrats, enjoy in good health
- Blacked-Out Bowties & RS Emblems, Front bowtie delete
- Full Dynamat Extreme Trunk Coverage
- Tinted side markers
- Interior DSV Customs Leather Upgrades
- Airaid CAI V2
- Forgestar F14 Gunmetal 20x9, 20x11
- Doug Thorley Shorties
camarowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 04:52 PM   #10
johndawg
I'd rather be shooting...

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Black/Black
Send a message via AIM to johndawg
Quote:
2. Life is short and you never know what is going to happen. Live for today and worry about tomorrow when it comes.
I agree!

The Official Photographer of the 2010, 2011 & 2012 Camaro5 Fests!!! www.theshuttergroup.com
johndawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 04:49 AM   #11
Ravirn
Account Unaccounted for

Drives: Black SS
Quote:
Very true. I find that people who have gone through some measure of pain in their life learn this lesson well. I'm sorry to hear about the accident and loss of your fingers, but you seem to have adapted well and have a great outlook on life. I respect that. Thank you for posting this... it was encouraging to read it.

Old 03-13-2010, 08:30 AM   #12
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
well deserved..now go drive it already!
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 07:08 AM   #13
trashauler

Thanks guys. Drove it for the first time today since bringing it home in January. It is supposed to be nice all week until Saturday. I have Permma Grin!
Old 03-15-2010, 07:51 AM   #14
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
I am more impressed that you took time to spend with your daughter. A memory neither will forget, congrats on your dream car.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote