Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 09-02-2012, 06:55 PM   #1
JustaCamaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Anyone Data log AFR with the SCT?

I have the ADM gauge set that displays AFR and Boost. The AFR gauge uses Innovates LC1 wideband controller that has two programmable analog connections. The first one is used to run the digital AFR gauge. I am trying to use the second to data log AFR along with the PIDS on my SCT setup.

I found a tutorial at Innovates website that describes how to wire it up and program the Innovate controller.

The problem I am having is, the LC1 won't program, or won't stay programmed.

I have been using just the gauge function for more than a year with no problems.

Anyone have experience with making this work.

?
JustaCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:21 PM   #2
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustaCamaro View Post
I have the ADM gauge set that displays AFR and Boost. The AFR gauge uses Innovates LC1 wideband controller that has two programmable analog connections. The first one is used to run the digital AFR gauge. I am trying to use the second to data log AFR along with the PIDS on my SCT setup.

I found a tutorial at Innovates website that describes how to wire it up and program the Innovate controller.

The problem I am having is, the LC1 won't program, or won't stay programmed.

I have been using just the gauge function for more than a year with no problems.

Anyone have experience with making this work.

?
The LC1 has a 5V output wire that will go in to the SCT tuner via a Firewire we offer along with a wire diagram.

SCT also has a tutorial on setting up the SCT to log the 5V anolog signal and convert it to AFR which you can log along with your PIDs.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:44 PM   #3
JustaCamaro

Thanks Ted for the info.

I did finally get the LC1 to program, and am getting a voltage out to the SCT device. The problem now is that LiveLink seems to take just one "look" at the voltage and doesn't seem to log in real time. The AFR that LiveLink displays stays constant and doesn't update.

If I can't figure it out tonight I will give SCT a call tomorrow.
Old 09-04-2012, 04:14 PM   #4
Badbubba
GrINned & JUICEd

Drives: 15STI, 10Expy, 10 2SS/RS M6, 47KB1
SCT is still working on the equation and units issue. Livelink, for now, will only log raw voltages from analog 1 and analog 2. Unless SCT released new updates very recently, you will need to convert the voltages to afr. Not sure why it only takes a snapshot of the voltage, mine logs voltages throughout the run. I just move the cursor along the timeline and Livelink returns a value. Are your min and max values filled?
GPI SS3 Cam & stuff,N.O. Plate(dedicated fuel tank,progressive,fuel hose upgrade,remote opener,heater,console switches),LNC2000,CTAP,ARH 1 7/8" LTs/gutted cats/X pipe/mufflers,Jet Hot coated LTs,GPI HPT Tune,CAI, Scoop,Rx Catch Can,Gates heater hose relocation, Remote clutch & auto brake res,Metco loop,Momentum Tunnel Brace,TSW Nurb 18",555 & 05,Pfadt trailing arms & toe rods,Autometer WB,Fesler Pillar Pod,LED strips (int),Lloyds floor & trunk mats,LED DRL/front turn & license plate,DRL harness,VLEDs tail lights,Plasticoat Bowties. Ord: Oct 5, 2009 Rec: Nov 19, 2009 13.17@112.6 stock
Badbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:14 PM   #5
JustaCamaro

I get min, max and average values-they are all the same. The formula works, the output is displayed as an AFR that jives with the one displayed on my in car gauge.

I measured the voltage out with my voltmeter, and it varies like it would with changing AFR. Either something in LiveLInk or in the SCT device itself isn't working-the only out put I get is the one it sees when I start datalogging. The other PIDS log normally.

I couldn't get through to SCT today to see what they thought.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:03 PM   #6
94guy

Drives: 99 Camaro; 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
when i log a/f it will only log a/f. i can't log a/f with any other pids it wont work? this is with live link
94guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:13 PM   #7
JustaCamaro

I didn't try just logging the AFR, always tried it with other pids. I'll try it by itself and see what happens.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:39 AM   #8
Badbubba
GrINned & JUICEd

I have to log a few pids, can't just log 1. I get a "failed" from live link if I just choose 1. Strange that your equation works. Any idea of what firmware you have?
GPI SS3 Cam & stuff,N.O. Plate(dedicated fuel tank,progressive,fuel hose upgrade,remote opener,heater,console switches),LNC2000,CTAP,ARH 1 7/8" LTs/gutted cats/X pipe/mufflers,Jet Hot coated LTs,GPI HPT Tune,CAI, Scoop,Rx Catch Can,Gates heater hose relocation, Remote clutch & auto brake res,Metco loop,Momentum Tunnel Brace,TSW Nurb 18",555 & 05,Pfadt trailing arms & toe rods,Autometer WB,Fesler Pillar Pod,LED strips (int),Lloyds floor & trunk mats,LED DRL/front turn & license plate,DRL harness,VLEDs tail lights,Plasticoat Bowties. Ord: Oct 5, 2009 Rec: Nov 19, 2009 13.17@112.6 stock
Old 09-05-2012, 11:46 AM   #9
JustaCamaro

I have firmware and LiveLink from Feb 2010. Updated it once and everything stopped working-went back to the old stuff.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:08 PM   #10
Badbubba
GrINned & JUICEd

Believe it or not, it took a couple of months to get mine to mostly work. I got the SCT in March 2012. Nothing but problems. You will need to call SCT and have them install the latest updates. With the latest updates, it works fairly well. Except the units can not be chosen and the equation(s) do not function.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:46 AM   #11
JustaCamaro

I believe it alright!
I have read many of the horror stories about SCT firmware and software updates. I plan on keeping what I got, it works good except for the analog input parts.
Old 09-07-2012, 05:58 PM   #12
JustaCamaro

Ted Jannetty does my tunes for me and this is what he uses.

The LiveLink software does have canned formulas for the different wideband controllers.

I did talk to SCT today, they said I needed to upgrade my firmware and use the newest version of LiveLink. They said this was a known issue and that I should not have any problem upgrading.

I may try it, but after I am done datalogging for the tune we are working on.
Old 09-10-2012, 03:39 PM   #13
JustaCamaro

OK-making some progress!

Updated to the latest firmware and LiveLink Gen II V2.
I can datalog my wideband now in real time. Livelink has formulas to convert voltage into AFR for a bunch of wideband controllers including Innovate.

I am again lost in the sea of PIDS-trying to find ones that work and are useful to Ted. Anyone have experience with this LiveLink and know the ones to select?
Old 09-10-2012, 04:11 PM   #14
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustaCamaro View Post
OK-making some progress!

Updated to the latest firmware and LiveLink Gen II V2.
I can datalog my wideband now in real time. Livelink has formulas to convert voltage into AFR for a bunch of wideband controllers including Innovate.

I am again lost in the sea of PIDS-trying to find ones that work and are useful to Ted. Anyone have experience with this LiveLink and know the ones to select?
The PIDs I need are listed in my instructions and in this tuning section under JRE SCT Custom Tune instructions
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote