Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > International Regions > Middle East

Old 06-11-2010, 01:33 PM   #1
Ahmed_H

Drives: camaro v6 RS 2011
advice 4 a new camaro owner

saaaalamm all
i ordered a 2011 v6 RS and cant wait 4 it 2 arrive..
can anyone give me an advice 2 get the max pleasure, comfort and prolong its life..
Ahmed_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 01:54 PM   #2
UT-Engineer
Just Cruisin'

Drives: 2010 Synergy Camaro
Just keep up with the normal maintenance such as replacing brake pads, oil changes, etc. and you should be okay with prolonging its life. You might want to break it in for the first 1000 miles before riding it hard if you intend to do so. I really didnt start pushing mine until 2000 miles. As far as comfort, id say just keep the car on a flat surface lol. I hate going through rough streets. The suspension and handeling are relitvley well designed so u should enjoy the car wherever u go. Thats just my opinion. Best of luck!

UT-Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 02:02 PM   #3
Mr Smith
Born again Hot Rodder

Drives: Black 1SS/RS LS3 M6
#1) Dont drive it behind snow plows.
Old 06-11-2010, 02:03 PM   #4
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
congrats
Old 06-11-2010, 02:35 PM   #5
Ahmed_H

Quote:
Originally Posted by UT-Enginner View Post
Just keep up with the normal maintenance such as replacing brake pads, oil changes, etc. and you should be okay with prolonging its life. You might want to break it in for the first 1000 miles before riding it hard if you intend to do so. I really didnt start pushing mine until 2000 miles. As far as comfort, id say just keep the car on a flat surface lol. I hate going through rough streets. The suspension and handeling are relitvley well designed so u should enjoy the car wherever u go. Thats just my opinion. Best of luck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Smith View Post
#1) Dont drive it behind snow plows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SSRS View Post
congrats
thx all..
it never snow in here its sooo hot with lots of sand storm and dust..
am thinking of getting a navigation GPS system any ideas..??
Old 06-11-2010, 03:04 PM   #6
UT-Engineer
Just Cruisin'

Drives: 2010 Synergy Camaro
Well i figured sand and heat might be an issue. I would definatly get a car cover. They have ones specifically designd for the Gen5 Camaros but are about $100 US. I got cheap no-name brand car cover for $20 and it works fine for my use. My neighbor has cats that love to sleep on top of cars... but not Mine! As for the heat, use an armor all or vinyl protective application to prevent the dash from cracking over time. Use it on the leather as well to help prolong the life of the seats and interior as well. Id lightly was the car if sand is a huge issue since you can scratch the paint pretty easy with that. and lastly clean your air filter if sand gets under the hood. hope that helps

UT-Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 03:19 PM   #7
Ahmed_H

Quote:
Well i figured sand and heat might be an issue. I would definatly get a car cover. They have ones specifically designd for the Gen5 Camaros but are about $100 US. I got cheap no-name brand car cover for $20 and it works fine for my use. My neighbor has cats that love to sleep on top of cars... but not Mine! As for the heat, use an armor all or vinyl protective application to prevent the dash from cracking over time. Use it on the leather as well to help prolong the life of the seats and interior as well. Id lightly was the car if sand is a huge issue since you can scratch the paint pretty easy with that. and lastly clean your air filter if sand gets under the hood. hope that helps
thx bro..
that's really helpful i ll keep it in mind
some wax will help 2..
Old 06-11-2010, 10:50 PM   #8
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Drives: ZL1 19 White; Jeep 5.7 GC 15
Welcome to the club Ahmed. If you love the look of the Camaro then you have to comprimse on the rest I guess.

The interior is poor in the Camaro, and there are many blind spots while you are driving so you have to be very careful when you drive it.

Chevy is a strong built car and if you are buying it through OTE then you will enjoy a good service unless you want to be a little nutty with mods like me !!
Old 06-12-2010, 10:32 AM   #9
Darkone

Drives: 2011 Camaro LT/RS SIM
Quote:
You might want to break it in for the first 1000 miles before riding it hard if you intend to do so. I really didnt start pushing mine until 2000 miles.
I disagree with that, Ive read up extensively on that matter, and asked an engineer about the same issue. But to each his own. You can read the following link, plus threads in the break-in section.
http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

Bottom line is just drive it like you are always going to. Im a pretty rough driver with a very heavy foot.

P.S. Ahmed when are u getting your car?
Darkone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 10:25 PM   #10
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkone View Post
I disagree with that, Ive read up extensively on that matter, and asked an engineer about the same issue. But to each his own. You can read the following link, plus threads in the break-in section.

Bottom line is just drive it like you are always going to. Im a pretty rough driver with a very heavy foot.

Darkone, UT Engineer is referring to the user guide of the Camaro.

When are you getting yours ??

I saw a new red V6, do you know who it belongs to?
Old 06-12-2010, 11:34 PM   #11
Ahmed_H

Quote:

inshallah some time in July..
i v been to some insurance company the rate was high min is 10% for a full insurance..
any ideas gays??
darkone/cyber
Old 06-13-2010, 06:59 AM   #12
Darkone

Drives: 2011 Camaro LT/RS SIM
Cyber gray im getting mine in august/september sometime..yeah the red/yellow colors are regular orders, no idea who's driving em..all other colors are special orders..i ordered a SIM (initially I was getting cyber gray, but factored in dust and SIM hides it pretty well)

Ahmed I ordered my car in April as well!!..but mines coming 1-2 months after yours! Gonna call the dealer and give him some

Also don't believe in full insurance, waste of money imo. Drive like a maniac, but drive safe. Its a paradox i know, but it can be done Accident free for 5 years now, and only ever had one. Mashallah. Repair was 250 rials, which is nothing compared to yearly full insurance.
Darkone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 02:07 PM   #13
Ahmed_H

Quote:
Cyber gray im getting mine in august/september sometime..yeah the red/yellow colors are regular orders, no idea who's driving em..all other colors are special orders..i ordered a SIM (initially I was getting cyber gray, but factored in dust and SIM hides it pretty well)

Ahmed I ordered my car in April as well!!..but mines coming 1-2 months after yours! Gonna call the dealer and give him some

Also don't believe in full insurance, waste of money imo. Drive like a maniac, but drive safe. Its a paradox i know, but it can be done Accident free for 5 years now, and only ever had one. Mashallah. Repair was 250 rials, which is nothing compared to yearly full insurance.
thx mate that very true tarf 3 sounds good enough..
Old 06-13-2010, 10:15 PM   #14
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed_H View Post
inshallah some time in July..
i v been to some insurance company the rate was high min is 10% for a full insurance..
any ideas gays??
darkone/cyber
Did you check Royal Alliance, I got the full coverage (Oman+UAE) for OMR 860.

It is the lowest rate in the market I guess. Do it through OTE.

Darkone : Camaro is a devil ride so I suggest the full the coverage .