Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 10:50 PM   #267
Nailn it

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Ashen Gray / Manual
Lmfao. Why doesn't anybody bring up the fact that the mustang is ugly! Couldn't help myself, sorry. I bet these ford guys don't even own one.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:52 PM   #268
Kiss My SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailn it View Post
Lmfao. Why doesn't anybody bring up the fact that the mustang is ugly! Couldn't help myself, sorry. I bet these ford guys don't even own one.
The Mustang isnt ugly, the Camaro just looks better but both are great American Muscle Cars!!

This 45 year battle between the Mustang and Camaro is like a see-saw, sometimes your up and sometimes your down but neither of them are "losers" in my opinion....
Old 08-23-2012, 11:00 PM   #269
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
Quote:
Because automotive styling is subjective. Of course there are cars that are absolutely ugly no matter who looks at it. The Mustang II comes to mind.

The Mustangs body style has also been out since 2005. The Camaro is a fresh breath of air because it's not a retro styled vehicle, at least to the degree of the Mustang and Challenger (of course they weren't designed by a Korean.

The Mustang is everywhere, as is the Corvette. To some the styling is getting stale, to others they don't care.

And yes we do own them...Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345780789.679789.jpg
Views: 491
Size:  158.4 KB
Old 08-23-2012, 11:02 PM   #270
Kiss My SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by The IOM Ninja View Post
Because automotive styling is subjective. Of course there are cars that are absolutely ugly no matter who looks at it. The Mustang II comes to mind.

The Mustangs body style has also been out since 2005. The Camaro is a fresh breath of air because it's not a retro styled vehicle, at least to the degree of the Mustang and Challenger (of course they weren't designed by a Korean.

The Mustang is everywhere, as is the Corvette. To some the styling is getting stale, to others they don't care.

And yes we do own them...Attachment 415445
The current Mustang body style has been around since 2005. Its still selling great 8 years later, it may be stale but is still selling very well compared to the competition
Old 08-24-2012, 12:12 AM   #271
C5RocksC5
Banned

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
dont tell my wife that..she drives a BMW and thinks Camaros look like hillbilly cars. She thinks Mustangs are handsome...tells u much about her sense of sight...she married my ugly a$$.
Old 08-24-2012, 07:25 AM   #272
72MachOne99GT
Anthrax Popcorn User

Drives: 2013 GT500
IOM you buttpirate.

Is that a grabber stripe delete?

That's my car, literally.

Stop stealing!
Old 08-24-2012, 08:18 AM   #273
den318

Drives: looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ry_Trapp0 View Post
i actually edited that post to put that in there, because i didn't believe numb skull there would undserstand what i was saying with my drivetrain comment. "slowest 580HP..." was, again, hyperbole to match the absurdity of the quote that i was mimicking. let us again look at the definition...
hyperbole -
1. obvious and intentional exaggeration.
2. an extravagant statement or figure of speech not intended to be taken literally, as “to wait an eternity.”

see that part where it says "not intended to be taken literally"? that means that i wasn't, literally, a "jab" at the car. just because you interpret it that way doesn't mean that's the case. if i wanted to take a jab at the ZL1, i would call a fat ****ing pig.

by all means, you can call me anything you want, i can assure you that i don't mind. i've been on the internet a time or two before.

facts and logic and shit, good stuff!!!

"However, Mortara, Kiino, and Markus all preferred [the shelby GT500's] back-road handling to the Camaro's, with Markus noting, "I'm impressed with how well-planted this Shelby is: never put a wheel wrong. I'd way sooner own this than the ZL1.""

"[The ZL1 is] slower than the Shelby, makes less power, and turned in a worse lap time. Not only that, but we were in unanimous agreement that the Shelby and its quicker turn-in was more fun to drive."
http://www.motortrend.com/features/p...r/viewall.html

so, what you're saying is that, what motortrend's editors are saying is that, they would rather drive a top fuel dragster down their favorite curvy back road than the camaro ZL1. am i interpreting that correctly?

The Shelby is more fun to drive unanimously??? What happened to all the handling of the ZL1?? IMHO, the weight and size of the car really kills any fun. 580hp is nothing when the car is 4100+lbs.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:43 AM   #274
den318

Drives: looking
Quote:

Lmfao. Why doesn't anybody bring up the fact that the ZL1 is slow, fat and chubby like Rosie O'donnell?? I bet these ZL1 support doesn't even own one. I bet when you get dusted by a Gt500, you just look at your mirror and think...damn, i look so cute and pretty in a ZL1 hahahaa

See what i did there??
Old 08-24-2012, 09:50 AM   #275
Taser Deployed

Drives: 2012 Blk ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by den318 View Post
Lmfao. Why doesn't anybody bring up the fact that the ZL1 is slow, fat and chubby like Rosie O'donnell?? I bet these ZL1 support doesn't even own one. I bet when you get dusted by a Gt500, you just look at your mirror and think...damn, i look so cute and pretty in a ZL1 hahahaa

See what i did there??
Hey I like a woman (or car) with a little meat on her bones...... As long as she doesn't look like Rosie O'donnell. If a grown man is thinking he's cute or pretty he has more issues than worrying about being smoked by a GT500.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:59 AM   #276
C5RocksC5
Banned

2010-IBM-1SS knows better...he is just playing this role to bait people into posting something bad enough to get banned.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:19 AM   #277
C5RocksC5
Banned

FACTS always hurt when they don't favor us. Most are men enough to face the music and there will always be a few who will debate endlessly.
Old 08-24-2012, 12:14 PM   #278
8cd03gro

Drives: 2005 STi corn fed
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010-1SS-IBM View Post
You have it reversed. It's there for drag racing. At least admit it.

And one should only count cost savings it if actually saves money. Considering the handling upgrades cost $8k, you don't get to say the SRA leads to cost savings. For every buck you're saving on the SRA, you're spending 8 or more on options if you actually care about handling and it's still falling short vs. cars with an IRS.

If the gt500, GT, and V6 mustang had IRS stock they would be heavier and more expensive, period. Look at production costs of the drivetrain components of the gt500 vs the zl1 and you'll see how expensive the gt500 would be with a nice IRS setup. This is why they currently don't have IRS. Ford did not intentionally shy away from IRS to please the drag racing crowd, they did it to keep costs low on the entire lineup.

Um, Evan Smith running an 11.8 is not evidence of the car running deep 11's, it's actually evidence that it can't be done. And the magazines all posted adjusted times, not actuals. Keep trying.

So you ignore the private owner running an 11.7? Keep swingin' on those nuts.

Sure, here:

"Where the GT500 was about power, the ZL1 was about composed handling grip. Down every single straight long enough for the Mustang to draw a breath, it was faster. And in every single corner presenting any sort of genuine handling challenge, the Camaro rushed through more quickly. Only in the simple, skidpad-like corners, was the Mustang competitive."

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...0/viewall.html

More:

'Lago writes, "This is the performance-car bargain of the decade if all you're concerned about is horsepower, top speed, and quarter-mile acceleration. Driver confidence and braking? Who cares when you've got this much horsepower!?"'

http://www.motortrend.com/features/p...r/viewall.html

More road racing stories. Cool bro.

Hey look if a dude in a stock ZL1 outruns a dude in a stock GT500 in the quarter mile, can us Camaro fans claim the ZL1 and GT500 quarter mile results are mixed, then toss our hands up and call it a tie like you Mustang guys do with handling? Personally I think that's a pretty douchy way of comparing cars, but you guys put a lot of store in those arguments.

Nobody is saying that. You are just so deluded and angry you can't see the words right in front of you. EVERYONE has conceded the zl1 is the better handling car. The point you continually ignore and start whining about is that does not result in the zl1 being the faster track car. They are VERY equal on track because they both excel at opposite aspects of performance that are key in road racing. Handling is not the end all in road racing, nor is braking, nor is acceleration. The three together get you across the finish line and these cars continually go back and forth in that regard. They BOTH make for very quick track cars and neither is bad at anything, but very, very good at certain things. But you're right, the gt500 is only good at drag racing and could never keep up in anything, but a straight line. . .

Sure looks like a drag strip to me!

Also, don't forget the whole point of my posts: Street driving's going to be way better in the ZL1 due to the IRS, MRC, et al.
I'm done with this thread. It's like arguing with a religious fanatic. You are debating against arguments that I'm not even making. I'll see you at the track. Wait, no I won't. Keep warmin' that bench.

Last edited by 8cd03gro; 08-24-2012 at 12:34 PM.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:11 PM   #279
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Where the hell did this thread derail at?

I would certainly imagine a GT500 would eat a ZL1. Good for Ford.

I've tried and tried, but I cannot get that intangible warm fuzzy by imagining owning a Mustang of any ilk. I respect them for what they are, but have no interest in owning one for myself.

I guess I don't take the whole Mustang vs. Camaro war seriously. I don't care who's faster/quicker/better handling. I'm glad Ford and GM are listening to the fanbois though, because they keep upping the ante with each other which makes us all winners regardless of favorite brand.

I fell in love with the 5th gen styling with the Concept, and I could never say that with Mustang's offerings. When I can get things right in the near future, I see a ZL1 convertible in my garage within 12 months. Slow and fat as it is. The Camaro is more "me" than a Mustang ever can be.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
Old 08-24-2012, 01:19 PM   #280
MarcInUtah
Banned

Drives: Mustang(s)
I will be the first to say, I like the way the ZL1 looks even though I am a Shelby fan...some folks know already, I have one on order.

What I think is funny, is some people here are posting the Shelby is ugly and the ZL1 is a much better looking car. Of course, folks on a Camaro site is going to say that. Go to a Mustang site and it will be reversed.

Its a matter of opinion. I am glad we all have different tastes in cars or the car world would be a very boring world.

Closed Thread