Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 07-30-2013, 01:28 PM   #1
Blackjacket86
Death Before Dishonor

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS 1968 Chevy C10
Sway bars on a V6 RS

I'm wanting to lower my RS an inch to clean up the lines and lower my center of gravity, but I'm curious about changing out the stock sway bars. I'm by no means an aggressive driver and tend to drive for fuel economy (hence the V6). I do plan on some horsepower gains in the future only because it's impossible for me to keep things stock. At what horsepower level would changing out your sway bars be recommended and what benefits have you all seen from changing them?
Blackjacket86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 02:35 PM   #2
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
New sways will give you an immediate upgrade to vehicle stability from the get go.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 04:49 PM   #3
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjacket86 View Post
I'm wanting to lower my RS an inch to clean up the lines and lower my center of gravity, but I'm curious about changing out the stock sway bars. I'm by no means an aggressive driver and tend to drive for fuel economy (hence the V6). I do plan on some horsepower gains in the future only because it's impossible for me to keep things stock. At what horsepower level would changing out your sway bars be recommended and what benefits have you all seen from changing them?
Sway bars are by far one of the best suspension upgrades you can do for your car, especially on the V6. Even at stock power levels they will give you a dramatic improvement in handling and inspire more confidence in the turns.

I suggest checking out the Pfadt Sport sway stage II kit. Part # 1450011 This kit includes Front and rear sway bars as well as Lowering springs. By buying them together as a kit, you save a lot of cash.

Feel free to call, PM or email me anytime with questions or pricing.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:59 PM   #4
yzark99
I run 2 catch cans...

Drives: 2012 1LT SIM Auto
I replaced my stock front sway and end links with the OEM ZL1 parts. Night and day difference. There is an on ramp near me that used to be scary at 30 MPH due to body roll. I now take it at 50 without worrying about it.
yzark99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:50 AM   #5
mhog

Drives: 2010 V6 Camaro 2LT/RS
Quote:
You don't need to be an aggressive driver to feel the difference with aftermarket sway bars. The stock one's are very flimsy.
mhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:40 AM   #6
IneedAZ

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 & 2021 BMW M340i x Dr
I did the BMR Springs and Sways, Very nice improvement in Looks and Handling!!

Sold 1967 Camaro Pro Street. Ran 10's mild BB on NOS.

2017 HyperBlue ZL1 A10 ** Born 3/17/17**Delivered 4/08/17
2020 Build: Mag2650, BTR Stage2, NW103, BG, 14% lower, 90mm upper, ARH 2" Long system w/no cats, SW Legend mufflers. **807hp/762tq on 93 gas** and **848hp/792tq on e47**

Sold 2018 (Go Mango) Dodge Charger Daytona 392 Daily Driver

Daily Driver 2021 BMW M340i Xdrive
IneedAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 04:28 PM   #7
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Like everyone else said you don't have to be an aggressive driver to enjoy the benefits of a good set of aftermarket sway bars. The benefits can be seen on a completely factory car. You will notice a much more sure and responsive feel from the car with considerably less body roll. We offer the BMR sway bars (SB030) by themselves and also in a package with lowering springs.

If there is anyway we can help you out let me know.

Kyle
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 04:46 PM   #8
Rob@WretchedMS

Drives: His Wife Crazy
Are you looking more for an improved feel, or an improved balance in the corners?

If you are not an aggressive driver then i will assume that you want an improved feel there are a number of things,

Front Swaybar and Links will help with that a lot
Radius Arm Bushings and Sub Frame Bushings will help a ton also.

Upgrading the rear swaybar will help with the feel a little, but it's mostly going to affect the balance (understeer/oversteer)
Rob@WretchedMS is offline   Reply With Quote