Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Old 06-17-2012, 10:57 PM   #29
NubianForce

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
First would like to thank Jeff, Bob and Zack; great set of guys. Now on Heintz Racing, didn’t have any experience with this shop, heard a few things but no personal experience. After a few locals and race heads that I know and trust said to check them out I took the plunge. Those that know me know I’m very fussy and finicky and being an engineer doesn’t help. I said that to make the point about how focused I found Jeff and Bob to be on ensuring you get exactly what you need to make sure the job is done right with emphasis on quality. Very capable crew that are honest and solid performance car guys! There are a lot of shops and vendors out there that will tell you what you want to hear to make a sale. This type of business is usually a one trick pony encounter with me. However I found Heintz to be solid listeners and educators of the game. They get a good understanding of what you are trying to achieve and walk you through the process prior to any work so that you can make an informed decision on which way to go. In some cases this means you do nothing or go elsewhere, but for me this was valuable and demonstrated how they care about keeping you as a client rather than a sales opportunity. So if you are looking for a quality shop with solid technicians you will not go wrong with Heintz. I don’t say this lightly, to use Heintz I have to travel 500 miles, but after working with them it is a wroth while trip that I plan to make whenever I need solid performance work on my vehicles. Jeff, thanks again; especially for the 2:am drop to Avis. Bob, thanks for the education and treating my car with care and precision. I will see you again soon for the axle upgrades and to sort out my tune. Great Shop, excellent people!

Last edited by NubianForce; 06-24-2012 at 07:53 AM.
NubianForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 11:52 PM   #30
monstertodd

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Metallic 2SS/RS M6
Heard great things about this shop!

Me and my family are moving to Tega Cay South Carolina next week. I've still got another 40+ days left in the 'Stan but as soon as I get out of here and back to my new home in Tega Cay, I'll be heading over to your shop so you can dyno tune my 10 SS with a Lysholm twin screw installed (It's running the canned Lysholm tun, but I think a dyno tune could get a lot more out of it).

And maybe I'll be having ya order me a ge-force 9" IRS kit?
monstertodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:51 PM   #31
Zach@HeintzRacing

Drives: 2001 Turbo 275 Drag Radial Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by NubianForce View Post
First would like to thank Jeff, Bob and Zack; great set of guys. Now on Heintz Racing, didn’t have any experience with this shop, heard a few things but no personal experience. After a few locals and race heads that I know and trust said to check them out I took the plunge. Those that know me know I’m very fussy and finicky and being an engineer doesn’t help. I said that to make the point about how focused I found Jeff and Bob to be on ensuring you get exactly what you need to make sure the job is done right with emphasis on quality. Very capable crew that are honest and solid performance car guys! There are a lot of shops and vendors out there that will tell you what you want to hear to make a sale. This type of business is usually a one trick pony encounter with me. However I found Heintz to be solid listeners and educators of the game. They get a good understanding of what you are trying to achieve and walk you through the process prior to any work so that you can make an informed decision on which way to go. In some cases this means you do nothing or go elsewhere, but for me this was valuable and demonstrated how they care about keeping you as a client rather than a sales opportunity. So if you are looking for a quality shop with solid technicians you will not go wrong with Heintz. I don’t say this lightly, to use Heintz I have to travel 500 miles, but after working with them it is a wroth while trip that I plan to make whenever I need solid performance work on my vehicles. Jeff, thanks again; especially for the 2:am drop to Avis. Bob, thanks for the education and treating my car with care and precision. I will see you again soon for the axel upgrades and to sort out my tune. Great Shop, excellent people!

Thanks for the great comments. We appreciate it very much and do our best to satisfy all of our customers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstertodd View Post
Heard great things about this shop!

Me and my family are moving to Tega Cay South Carolina next week. I've still got another 40+ days left in the 'Stan but as soon as I get out of here and back to my new home in Tega Cay, I'll be heading over to your shop so you can dyno tune my 10 SS with a Lysholm twin screw installed (It's running the canned Lysholm tun, but I think a dyno tune could get a lot more out of it).

And maybe I'll be having ya order me a ge-force 9" IRS kit?
Thank you, we appreciate it! Let us know when you are ready and we can get it all worked out for you!

Zach
Zach@HeintzRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:52 PM   #32
Hendrix-Engineering
Account Suspended

Drives: First 9 inch-12 bolt IRS Camaro
Thanks guys for helping out on the HammerHead 12 bolt irs project!!!
Hendrix-Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 06:48 AM   #33
Rockit_z28
www.1baddogracing.com

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix-Engineering View Post
So the shop went on this one.

Built and Tuned by Heintz Racing
Go: DSS 9", RPM Trans TH400, Carlyle Racing 15" Conversion, ECS Vortech YSI-B, Fore Fuel System, ID1700, Gall Racing 427 C.I LSX, Mast 285CC Heads, HR Custom Cam

Show: Custom Painted Stripes/Badges (Orange Pearl over White), Z/TA Spoiler, VFN Hood, Weld Wheels
http://www.HeintzRacing.com
http://www.youtube.com/user/1baddogracing

Rockit_z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:00 AM   #34
Rod10269
Hot Rod

Drives: 69 Z28,69 SS 396,67 Chevelle
Zack,Jeff and Bob are a class act crew..they tuned 10 after my cam /header install to the tune of 481 rwhp and i have not had any issue at all. I recommend them to all of our fellow members at the 5 for all your tuning needs.Thanks guys again.
Rod10269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 01:45 PM   #35
Zach@HeintzRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix-Engineering View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockit_z28 View Post
So the shop went on this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod10269 View Post
Zack,Jeff and Bob are a class act crew..they tuned 10 after my cam /header install to the tune of 481 rwhp and i have not had any issue at all. I recommend them to all of our fellow members at the 5 for all your tuning needs.Thanks guys again.
Thanks for the great review. We are glad you are happy with our work and we appreciate your business.

Zach
Old 06-29-2012, 11:19 AM   #36
Rockit_z28
www.1baddogracing.com

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS Auto
I would be remised if I did not add my 2 cents about Heintz Racing. I usually just let my signature do all my talking for them as well as my recommendations. My apologies for the long story.

I have been in the service industry for 25+ years where it is always about the customer (right, wrong or indifferent). I have trained service representatives across the country and probably took more courses about it than I care to repeat. So what’s my point, I do not take customer service or quality of service lightly.

Background, I had a 2000 Z28 about 9 years ago that I had tuned by a local shop (out of business). For reference purposes, that tuner now happens to work for one the large TX shops. Let’s just say my transmission tune sucked and you can imagine the consequences.

I stepped away for awhile until I had the opportunity to purchase a new 2010 SS at the urging of my wife and son. From day one, I knew my goals for the next three years with this car. Living in Race City has its advantages for race shops. I knew that I needed to find one that I could trust, would be there when I needed them, and provide good advice.

From the first time that I talked to Zach, I knew that I had made the right choice for a shop. He was very knowledgeable, patient, answered all my questions and even provided some better thought out alternatives than what I was planning. More importantly, he listened to my goals and built a plan around my goals. +1

My first round of modifications was the basic bolt-ons and tune. I arrive at the shop and was very impressed with how well everything was organized. Zach greets me and introduces me to their lead technician, Bob. Bob is just as professional as Zach and takes the time to talk to me. He walks me through some of the work underway. I swear this guy knows everything about LS based cars. I tell him about my plans and he talks to me about what might work best for my plans. +2

In the interim, I had the chance to meet with the owner Jeff. This guy is a racer at heart and just an all around great guy. More importantly, he believes in his employees and the work that his shop turns out. +3

Over the past year and many more modifications later, I could not be more pleased with my decision. The shop completely backs their work, are a pleasure to be around, and have enough knowledge to put other shops out of business. I abuse my car and it has taken everything that I thrown at it. If I ever have a question, I know they are just a phone call away and always willing to listen or help. + Infinity

I’ve had the opportunity to meet some of their other customers and talk to them about their experience with Heintz Racing as well. I have not found anyone that has not been pleased with their work or customer service.

If you are anywhere in the vicinity of Mooresville NC or a few hundred miles away, it is worth the trip to see the guys at Heintz Racing. They can do any type of work from mild to wild. If your lucky, you might have the opportunity to see Don Dixon’s GTO that runs the NMCA LSX circuit and one of the fastest GTOs in the country.

Built and Tuned by Heintz Racing
Go: DSS 9", RPM Trans TH400, Carlyle Racing 15" Conversion, ECS Vortech YSI-B, Fore Fuel System, ID1700, Gall Racing 427 C.I LSX, Mast 285CC Heads, HR Custom Cam

Show: Custom Painted Stripes/Badges (Orange Pearl over White), Z/TA Spoiler, VFN Hood, Weld Wheels
http://www.HeintzRacing.com
http://www.youtube.com/user/1baddogracing

Last edited by Rockit_z28; 06-29-2012 at 03:23 PM.
Rockit_z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:40 PM   #37
Zach@HeintzRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockit_z28 View Post
I would be remised if I did not add my 2 cents about Heintz Racing. I usually just let my signature do all my talking for them as well as my recommendations. My apologies for the long story.

I have been in the service industry for 25+ years where it is always about the customer (right, wrong or indifferent). I have trained service representatives across the country and probably took more courses about it than I care to repeat. So what’s my point, I do not take customer service or quality of service lightly.

Background, I had a 2000 Z28 about 9 years ago that I had tuned by a local shop (out of business). For reference purposes, that tuner now happens to work for one the large TX shops. Let’s just say my transmission tune sucked and you can imagine the consequences.

I stepped away for awhile until I had the opportunity to purchase a new 2010 SS at the urging of my wife and son. From day one, I knew my goals for the next three years with this car. Living in Race City has its advantages for race shops. I knew that I needed to find one that I could trust, would be there when I needed them, and provide good advice.

From the first time that I talked to Zach, I knew that I had made the right choice for a shop. He was very knowledgeable, patient, answered all my questions and even provided some better thought out alternatives than what I was planning. More importantly, he listed to my goals and built a plan around my goals. +1

My first round of modifications was the basic bolt-ons and tune. I arrive at the shop and was very impressed with how well everything was organized. Zach greets me and introduces me to their lead technician, Bob. Bob is just as professional as Zach and takes the time to talk to me. He walks me through some of the work underway. I swear this guy knows everything about LS based cars. I tell him about my plans and he talks to me about what might work best for my plans. +2

In the interim, I had the chance to meet with the owner Jeff. This guy is a racer at heart and just an all around great guy. More importantly, he believes in his employees and the work that his shop turns out. +3

Over the past year and many more modifications later, I could not be more pleased with my decision. The shop completely backs their work, are a pleasure to be around, and have enough knowledge to put other shops out of business. I abuse my car and it has taken everything that I thrown at it. If I every have a question, I know they are just a phone call away and always willing to listen or help. + Infinity

I’ve had the opportunity to meet some of their other customers and talk to them about their experience with Heintz Racing as well. I have not found anyone that has not been pleased with their work or customer service.

If you are anywhere in the vicinity of Mooresville NC or a few hundred miles away, it is worth the trip to see the guys at Heintz Racing. They can do any type of work from mild to wild. If your lucky, you might have the opportunity to see Don Dixon’s GTO that runs the NMCA LSX circuit and one of the fastest GTOs in the country.

Thanks Tim, we greatly appreciate the write-up. Where is the "Like" button again on this website??

Zach