Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-03-2011, 12:17 PM   #85
mikeyroche

Drives: 2011 VR Camaro 1SS/RS M6
Having a Camaro at 16, well wow that could be trouble. Not considering age or maturity... If money is not an issue, its SS all the way. But your age makes me think SS could be a dangerous move. You could be a responsible driver for all I know, but statistics are not in your favour. SS is cream of the crop

2011 Camaro 1SS with RS - K&N Typhoon CAI, Borla Atak Exhaust, Hawk Performance Ceramic Pads, SLP 'SS' Front Grille Emblem, Blue LED interior lighting, Camaro Victory Red Seatbelt Harness pads NEXT - Corvette LS3 Victory Red Fuel Rail Covers(Awaiting Installation), Window Tinting, Custom Leather Interior.
mikeyroche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 01:15 PM   #86
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
Quote:
Not every 16 year old is an immature douche bag as some of you are saying. If your parents offered you a car like the Camaro at age 16 would you say no? My point exactly.
I respectfully disagree with this, at 16 you think you're more mature than you actually are. Your brain is not fully developed and is unable to fully grasp the idea of the consequences of your actions. You can't give a 16 year old a 400+ Horsepower car and expect them to not show off the power. It's like putting a serial rapist in a room full of naked women. Nothing good can come out of it.
The IOM Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 01:39 PM   #87
pensphan87

Drives: 2012 IBM 2SS/RS Convertible Bliss
Ok, I am 42 and will be 43 when I take delivery of my 2ss (or maybe ZL1). You guys are killing me with this age crap! Camero fans love bumble bee and so does this kid, his mom & dad are willing to buy him a 3 or 4 hundred hp car, why are you poo-pooing a new club member? Work mom & dad on every angle to get what you want then reward them by taking good care of it and not wrapping it around a tree, just like I am going to try too do with mine.
pensphan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 01:43 PM   #88
Jay_LHD3

Drives: 2019 F150 RCSB Abyss FX4
Brunette, but blondes are cool too!

Jay_LHD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 01:58 PM   #89
Shuffler
God Bless Dawson

Drives: Synergy for my Daughter
I've seen stupid people in all age groups.

Get your car and be careful in it. You can prove the nay sayers right or wrong by your actions.
Old 08-03-2011, 02:19 PM   #90
pensphan87

Drives: 2012 IBM 2SS/RS Convertible Bliss
I'm with shuffler, (by the way lve your light mods) goodluck have fun becareful.
pensphan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 02:30 PM   #91
camaroGOODMAN

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS IOM L99
Attached Images

camaroGOODMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 03:51 PM   #92
United_727
Parts Guru Extraordinair.

Drives: '02 SS 'Vert M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by The IOM Ninja View Post
I respectfully disagree with this, at 16 you think you're more mature than you actually are. Your brain is not fully developed and is unable to fully grasp the idea of the consequences of your actions. You can't give a 16 year old a 400+ Horsepower car and expect them to not show off the power. It's like putting a serial rapist in a room full of naked women. Nothing good can come out of it.
Hate to see it wrapped around a pole.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:13 PM   #93
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuffler View Post

Get your car and be careful in it. You can prove the nay sayers right or wrong by your actions.
While everybody is different on both their opinions and their driving skill I completely disagree with the fact that a 16 -year-old should be allowed to drive a 400 hp car. 400 hp when you're 16 is like giving a Ferrari to a 40 year old that has never drove a fast car it's absolutely stupid and because of that I will know that there is a Camaro driver in my hometown he drives a red SS with white stripes and the big problem that I see with that is he posted videos on Facebook of him drifting around massive traffic circle in Sherwood Park that's f*cking insane he shouldn't be allowed to drive and that is my justification for why 16-year-olds should not be able to drive fast cars.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:18 PM   #94
Papa T

Drives: 2011 2LT RJT, 6A, 19" polished
OK my input

Choices:
A) 1SS 400+ hp

B) 2LT 300+ HP with this list of stuff:

1 Boston AcousticsŪ premium 9-speaker 245 watt audio system
2 BluetoothŪ for phone, personal cell phone connectivity to vehicle audio system
3 Driver Information Center compass
4 Four-pack gauges mounted on center console: oil pressure, battery voltage, oil temperature and transmission fluid temperature
5 Inside auto-dimming rearview mirror
6 Body-color power-adjustable heated mirrors (auto dimming on driver side)
7 Wireless PDIM (for use of steering-wheel controls with auxiliary device)
8 Starting Rear park assist sensors are standard
9 Remote vehicle starter system (with automatic transmission)
10 Heated driver and front passenger seats11Leather-appointed front seat trim
12 Leather-wrapped shift knob
13 Three-spoke leather-wrapped steering wheel
14 Steering-wheel-mounted audio controls
15 P245/50R19 touring tires
16 Universal Home Remote
17 USB port
18 19-inch painted aluminum wheels

"You must chose wisely!"

Me... I went with the 2LT!! and added Automatic, polished rims, and Red Jewel paint

Last edited by Papa T; 08-03-2011 at 04:57 PM.
Papa T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 04:19 PM   #95
camaroitalia
Go Harder Than Baltimore!

Drives: 2010 CGM
Quote:

there's some adults who shouldnt be driving in any car for that matter
Old 08-03-2011, 04:43 PM   #96
Shuffler
God Bless Dawson

Drives: Synergy for my Daughter
Quote:
Originally Posted by The IOM Ninja View Post
While everybody is different on both their opinions and their driving skill I completely disagree with the fact that a 16 -year-old should be allowed to drive a 400 hp car. 400 hp when you're 16 is like giving a Ferrari to a 40 year old that has never drove a fast car it's absolutely stupid and because of that I will know that there is a Camaro driver in my hometown he drives a red SS with white stripes and the big problem that I see with that is he posted videos on Facebook of him drifting around massive traffic circle in Sherwood Park that's f*cking insane he shouldn't be allowed to drive and that is my justification for why 16-year-olds should not be able to drive fast cars.
If your that concerned bring the video to the attn of your local police.

I bet if you look around on facebook you'll see a lot more people young an old making fools of themselves.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:06 PM   #97
Shu71

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS M6
I was not going to post on this thread again because all we are hearing is a 16 (almost 17) year old kid asking what he should have his mom and dad buy him and no input from mom or dad or what they are thinking or even if this is legit. But in bumblebee's recent post I think he is saying this isn't going to be his car but rather his parents car that they allow him to drive from time to time. That is a little different than his first post. However he did show his maturity level in previous posts because he was worried about what his friends would say. That is not all that far from the pier pressure he will get with either Camaro to race. Everyone on here that has a Camaro has to know how many times someone has already pulled up to you and gave you the 'let's run 'em' look or just plain said it. If Bumblebee is so worried about what his friends will think, then I can guarantee you he will fall victim to a road race from time to time. I was 16 and had quick muscle cars from 16 through 22 and I can tell you I left a lot of tires on back country roads. I bought my cars (with the exception of my first one 1972 Pontiac LeMans) and built the engines myself so it wasn't like my parents encouraged the car that led me to those dumb foolish acts. So for those pointing out that an SS and even the LT may be a mistake to him are only reacting to the same inforamtion Bumblebee gave himself. I have a daughter who is 15 and will be 16 here shortly. Yes my wife and I bought her a car, a nice one at that which was more than my parents could afford to do for me. So yes I am trying to give her more than I had just like any parent did and just like my parents did for me versus what their parents did for them. It's a 2009 G5. It has very low miles, get's 30+ mpg, is safe, and should get her through high school and college. Is she spoiled? Yes. But I feel a little more at ease knowing she isn't driving around in a 400 plus hp modern musclecar with every knucklehead at a stop light egging her on.

Isn't having the bumblebee Camaro sort of like driving the Dukes of Hazzard 01 Dodge back in the late 70's? Or maybe a Smokey and the Bandit TA? Not my thing, but hey it's also not my dollars. Bumblebee, I wish you the best of luck in whatever your parents buy and hope it makes you smile and you respect their gift to the fullest and drive it like you have 10 times the common sense of a typical teenager. Be safe and let us know if or when you get it.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:30 PM   #98
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Quote:
If your that concerned bring the video to the attn of your local police.

I bet if you look around on facebook you'll see a lot more people young an old making fools of themselves.
You must have a really good police and your town then because all the police in my town just sit around eating donuts and drinking coffee not exactly a credit to the force.

Also what about that kid on the forums here who's brother was driving his Camaro like an asshat and flipped it. Great example there too much power for the age group.

I agree and see where you are coming from but at the same time I'm trying to look out for this kids safety.

Tags
camaro, model, transformers