Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-09-2010, 12:59 PM   #1
nalinc23

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS 6MT
Another Muffler Delete Question *Urgent*

I have to decide today for the part to be ordered on time for Friday installation but can I get some folks w/ actual experience with this to chime on on whether or not its worth it...?

I currently have the axle back muffler delete w/ stock tips and GM H pipe. This shop I work with (quality shop) is quoting me $150-175 to do the magnaflow X Pipe (non resonated) including labor. Is this worth it? I want a little louder w/ less deceleration pops so is this my answer? Some people have told me to get any louder I need to eliminate one of the cats but I'm not sure I want to do this yet due to voiding warranty. Thanks and let me know asap!

nalinc23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 01:09 PM   #2
Rockin the BlueSS
The New Guy

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM M6
i agree with the "Some people" i don't think the x-pipe will make the car any louder but it should help with the decel pop, and help the air flow better... did you take off the mufflers and the resonators?
Rockin the BlueSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 01:09 PM   #3
nards444

Drives: 1SS/RS Black
Dont think the x-pipe will cure or do everything you want it too. I did the muffler delete as well. I ordered the Diablo tuner and put the 93 octane tune it comes with and it pretty much elminated the popping noise. really 150-175 for that installed isnt bad price maybe worth a shot. With a muffler delete you have only voided your muffler, you start taking CAT's off then your voiding the CAT's obviously but you might get into some warranty battles and when you take cats off your going to have to tune so you dont always have codes, etc.

Really dude if your looking for loud a total cat back system with some headers is what its going to take. Muffler delete went a long ways. I really would like to have that deep throaty sound, to many exhaust these days are more of a high pitched noise.
Old 08-09-2010, 01:13 PM   #4
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
H to an X isn't going to get rid of the decel pops. The only way to do that is to increase the muffler size out back, or within the tuning to turn off the Decel Fuel Cutoff.

Nothing wrong with the factory H - I'd leave it alone. If your not changing the tuning, going to need some mufflers to lessen the pops.
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 02:08 PM   #5
nalinc23

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS 6MT
Sounds like a mixed response via the de-celeration popping reducing thru the additional of a quality X pipe so i'll keep that in mind. In terms of loudness/deepness of the exhaust tone will that be affected with the X Pipe? Right now I'm happy with the "loudness" but wanting a slightly deeper sound thru the RPM band.

nalinc23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 02:29 PM   #6
BADNESS

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nalinc23 View Post
Sounds like a mixed response via the de-celeration popping reducing thru the additional of a quality X pipe so i'll keep that in mind. In terms of loudness/deepness of the exhaust tone will that be affected with the X Pipe? Right now I'm happy with the "loudness" but wanting a slightly deeper sound thru the RPM band.
I have a magnaflow RESONATED x pipe on my car and it still pops like a mofo. It doesnt bother me but for some it will. I will also add that an x pipe will definitely change the tone of the exhaust. Heres a vid of mine

2SS/RS LS3
-Intake , Tune ,Thermostat, Exhaust, Hurst Shifter
-Eibach Pro Kit, Forgestar F14, 275/315 Pirellis.
BADNESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 07:41 PM   #7
Rage
TRI-COUNTY CAMARO... FTW!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6 Cyber Grey
^^^^ Any other mods on that Badness? Seems like a lot of smoke..... I have seen this before in a few other videos, just curious. Sounds bada$$ tho!
CAI inc. cold air intake, LG G6x3 cam, Patriot Gold Extreme Dual springs, Titanium retainers and locks, LG SuperPro 1 7/8 Long Tube headers with full 3" exhaust, DynoMax VT mufflers, SLP 4" tips, Moroso catch can, Race Ready electronic exhaust cut outs, Full painted Razzi body kit, Headlight Armor Smoke taillight and marker blackouts, T-Rex aluminum upper and lower grille, Polished aluminum front and rear bowties. Professionally installed and Dyno Tuned by HorsePower Sales, Pompano Beach FL.
Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 08:35 PM   #8
R1CH

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by BADNESS View Post
I have a magnaflow RESONATED x pipe on my car and it still pops like a mofo. It doesnt bother me but for some it will. I will also add that an x pipe will definitely change the tone of the exhaust. Heres a vid of mine
GOOD LORD those are some huge exhaust tips! What kind are they?
R1CH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 11:50 PM   #9
BADNESS

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rage View Post
^^^^ Any other mods on that Badness? Seems like a lot of smoke..... I have seen this before in a few other videos, just curious. Sounds bada$$ tho!
This was a cold cold start thats why all the smoke.
I also have a tune , intake, and thermostat.
I got these exhaust tips at my local exhaust shop who mandrel bends various size piping and he just made these because thats what i requested. Had them painted black too.

2SS/RS LS3
-Intake , Tune ,Thermostat, Exhaust, Hurst Shifter
-Eibach Pro Kit, Forgestar F14, 275/315 Pirellis.
BADNESS is offline   Reply With Quote