Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 06-23-2013, 06:08 PM   #953
Monchy36
ZLT!!! COTW (8/5/13)

Drives: 2011 IOM 1LT RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickwitit View Post
Yeah man something blew...so I tuned the gains down, because of the air flow I may have to do the T0 series instead of the monster T2's, To's are a little shorter and would'nt require any changes to the enclousre, with the T2's we would have to loose the fibeglass face on the enclousre. The T5 components are freaking amzing...I'll be doing the 4 set's, front doors and the rear side panels with these freak of nature (liquid cooled), the deck will reain with the T series 6x9, 4 amps...2 showing and 2 hidden...2 800x4, 1 400x4, the amp for the subs depends on with sub...and all the other little goodies(You know what those are). When all said and done it will be a SLP sounding system.:happyanim ::happ yanim:.
I did miss a few things any question just ask.
I can tell you i saw something like that in Carlisle and all i can say is WOW!!!
Attached Images

Monchy36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 12:24 AM   #954
Sickwitit

Drives: Fast, Faster, and O My God...!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monchy36 View Post
I can tell you i saw something like that in Carlisle and all i can say is WOW!!!
Wow, WTF...Sorry for the confusion...We are doing something a bit more refined. The images appeared to be larger than they actually are, We're replacing 12" JL with 12" Rockfords T0's...the difference will be with the air flow, creating a cleaner sound.
Sickwitit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:26 AM   #955
VanquisherSS
Hasbin of Stock Bottom HP

Drives: CTS-V Coupe, 04 TT Viper
Quote:
Yeah man something blew...so I tuned the gains down, because of the air flow I may have to do the T0 series instead of the monster T2's, To's are a little shorter and wouldn't require any changes to the enclosure, with the T2's we would have to loose the fiberglass face on the enclosure. The T5 components are freaking amazing...I'll be doing 4 set's, front doors and the rear seat side panels with these freak of nature (liquid cooled), the deck will remain with the T series 6x9, 4 amps...2 showing and 2 hidden...2 800x4, 1 400x4, 1500x1 the amp for the subs depends on with sub we decide to use...and all the other little goodies(You know what those are). When all said and done it will be a SLP sounding system.:happyanim ::happ yanim:.
I did miss a few things any question just ask.
No bueno there man, you think a sub blew or the speakers in the cabin? When I had my setup I used to blow up subs like like every few months got real frustrating. Damn Liquid Cooled LOL your going big time now. When you had it done did they built custom enclosures into the door panels for the speakers? What amps are you going to go with? Rockford?
VanquisherSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 01:33 PM   #956
Sickwitit

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanquisherSS View Post
No bueno there man, you think a sub blew or the speakers in the cabin? When I had my setup I used to blow up subs like like every few months got real frustrating. Damn Liquid Cooled LOL your going big time now. When you had it done did they built custom enclosures into the door panels for the speakers? What amps are you going to go with? Rockford?
I think it's a defective amp...the shop will determine when they strip it down to replace the other components. The Rockford rep at the OC show missed quoted the LIQUID COOLED components as a future project being developed...the T5's series are in fact...LCP, Liquid Crystal Polymer. Information and spec's from web site.

The T5652-S is the best 6.5” 2-way component system from Rockford Fosgate. Rated at 300 max Watts 150 RMS, the system includes two woofers with grilles, pair of tweeters, a multi-function audiophile crossover and mounting hardware.

• 1" (25mm) ring radiator LCP dome tweeter with copper phase plug
  • LCP (Liquid Crystal Polymer) fiber trilaminate cone
  • True Nomex spider
  • Die cast aluminum frame
  • Multi-pole™ neodymium motor structure
  • Solid copper phase plug for extended frequency range and greater power handling

Last edited by Sickwitit; 06-25-2013 at 07:04 PM.
Old 06-24-2013, 03:13 PM   #957
Sickwitit

Quote:
Big time...not at all, just a better system...providing the car gets the full sponsorship as expected. They didn't need to custom fit the components they were a perfect fit, they just added a baffle and molded all the dampening material around the baffles and the entire inside of the door.

The issue isn't the components and or the deck speakers...when the trunk lid is closed and your in the cabin the system sounds very clean with no rattle and or re-verb. It's either one of the subs or the sub amp.

We will be going with Rockford, providing they approve the full sponsorship. I would like to get their 2014 stuff in the car as a beta car tester before launch of the new series 2014, 2015, I'm waiting on that call as we speak. We Killed the OC Marilyn show...all the sponsors were taking information and asked for contact numbers. I'm sorry but nobody dos a better show than tuners, nobody (NOT EVEN CLOSE)...shit was amazing my dude took me back to NOPI events, I'm thinking about bringing the Benz out of retirement .
later man.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:10 AM   #958
VanquisherSS
Hasbin of Stock Bottom HP

Drives: CTS-V Coupe, 04 TT Viper
Quote:
I think it's a defective amp...the shop will determine when they strip it down to replace the other components. The Rockford rep at the OC show missed quoted the LIQUID COOLED components as the T5's...but actually it will be the T6 series when their released (If they keep the name and or design), the T5's series are in fact...LCP, Liquid Crystal Polymer. Information and spec's from web site.

The T5652-S is the best 6.5” 2-way component system from Rockford Fosgate. Rated at 300 max Watts 150 RMS, the system includes two woofers with grilles, pair of tweeters, a multi-function audiophile crossover and mounting hardware.

• 1" (25mm) ring radiator LCP dome tweeter with copper phase plug
  • LCP (Liquid Crystal Polymer) fiber trilaminate cone
  • True Nomex spider
  • Die cast aluminum frame
  • Multi-pole™ neodymium motor structure
  • Solid copper phase plug for extended frequency range and greater power handling
Well if your turning it up and it sounds blown then its the speaker I would think. If its up and your getting distortion at levels you never did or a bunch of clipping then your amp took a shit. If the sub isn't moving then its blown. To be honest man I was never a fan of Rockford stuff, but I know you have a potential sponsorship there so whatever costs you the least green is the best .

I had my Alpine V12 amp since high school man, thing ran strong as hell for like 6 years never skipped a beat and the best part about it was when it hit thermal protection mode it didn't shut off it just cut power by 50% and kept playing. Alpine, Rockford, JL, now a days IMO is shit. Not what it used to be. I sold my JL W3 and that amp to a buddy and its still bumping to this day. If you really want SPL sound look into FI Car Audio and some Sundown Audio amps. I'm telling you I had that setup it was so clean it was ridiculous. At the same time it was so ****ing loud it could open automatic doors LOL . At FI Car Audio man everything is built to order nothing sitting in a warehouse mass produced, I legit cannot stress the quality enough. I fed two of those FI BL subs over 3000W RMS man and I beat the shit out of them on the daily and they laughed at me.

Sorry for the lengthy post my dude but you know if it ain't the best I'm gonna keep it moving and tell it like it is haha. Either way get that system back up and running. If you need an amp in the meantime I have a 1200W RMS at 2ohms mono block you can use.
VanquisherSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:54 AM   #959
laditee

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Laditee at OC Carshow

Holding Tri State down
Attached Images

Old 06-25-2013, 11:07 AM   #960
Monchy36
ZLT!!! COTW (8/5/13)

Laty hubby is no joke!
Old 06-25-2013, 11:23 AM   #961
laditee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monchy36 View Post
Laty hubby is no joke!
Hahahaha No he aint
Old 06-25-2013, 07:22 PM   #962
Sickwitit

Quote:
Hahahaha............The Hint part, was for a perspective sponsor, whom we did 2 shows for, Sound of Tri-State, while there a vendor at the OC show wanted to do an SPL Camaro system (NOT)...I switched the term in a later post to SLP, (JOKE) Sounds with Low Pressure (Meaning minimal bass). Monchy got it and posted some serious bass, causing me to re-post..."sorry for the confussion". LOL. I'm doing a more refined setup (SQ = Sound Quality), like the car.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:43 PM   #963
Monchy36
ZLT!!! COTW (8/5/13)

Quote:
Hahahaha............The Hint part, was for a perspective sponsor, whom we did 2 shows for, Sound of Tri-State, while there a vendor at the OC show wanted to do an SPL Camaro system (NOT)...I switched the term in a later post to SLP, (JOKE) Sounds with Low Pressure (Meaning minimal bass). Monchy got it and posted some serious bass, causing me to re-post..."sorry for the confussion". LOL. I'm doing a more refined setup (SQ = Sound Quality), like the car.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:47 PM   #964
Sickwitit

Quote:
Well if your turning it up and it sounds blown then its the speaker I would think. If its up and your getting distortion at levels you never did or a bunch of clipping then your amp took a shit. If the sub isn't moving then its blown. To be honest man I was never a fan of Rockford stuff, but I know you have a potential sponsorship there so whatever costs you the least green is the best .

I had my Alpine V12 amp since high school man, thing ran strong as hell for like 6 years never skipped a beat and the best part about it was when it hit thermal protection mode it didn't shut off it just cut power by 50% and kept playing. Alpine, Rockford, JL, now a days IMO is shit. Not what it used to be. I sold my JL W3 and that amp to a buddy and its still bumping to this day. If you really want SPL sound look into FI Car Audio and some Sundown Audio amps. I'm telling you I had that setup it was so clean it was ridiculous. At the same time it was so ****ing loud it could open automatic doors LOL . At FI Car Audio man everything is built to order nothing sitting in a warehouse mass produced, I legit cannot stress the quality enough. I fed two of those FI BL subs over 3000W RMS man and I beat the shit out of them on the daily and they laughed at me.

Sorry for the lengthy post my dude but you know if it ain't the best I'm gonna keep it moving and tell it like it is haha. Either way get that system back up and running. If you need an amp in the meantime I have a 1200W RMS at 2ohms mono block you can use.
None of what you've described is what we're experiencing at the moment bro...it's weird, at higher volume system sounds clean, except the bass quality, both subs are hitting, and I'm not geting any clipping...the more I think about it, the more I'm convinced it's just not tuned well. Shit goes in for surgery soon (Hopefully).

Question, who did you use to tune your systems? Is their someone you can refer that will do a real tune (SQ)...with all the meters and software being used (Not by air)?

No worries Bro, me being honest and I think you know I give 2 shits about being sponsored and saving a buck, if I think It's garbage, (It's in the garbage). I totally agree with you in regards to the standards of some of the more well known brands, but I ask that you defer your thoughts until you hear the Rockfords T series.

I was at one of those rolling sound labs while at the Oc show (Not Rockfords, Independent dealer) he had multiple brands, (You get to listen to any combination), those T3's and T5 components were on par with all the Hertz, Focal's, and other higher end speakers, and I used several different amp, sub, full component combinations. Chris no joke dude, check them out...(The T series will surprise you).

O and the SPL reference was an SLP inside joke for one of the trolls from Sounds of Tri-State, You know Terri would never do a system like that, SQ all day! Later Man.
Old 06-28-2013, 01:10 PM   #965
laditee

Some small but detailed MODS

Hope u like
Attached Images

Old 06-28-2013, 02:03 PM   #966
TSSUNAMI
It was ninety nine cents!

Drives: 2014 Jeep Wrangler
Looking good Laditee!!! Great job!