Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - New England

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2016, 08:14 PM   #15
Northeast Rod Run

Drives: 1969 Camaro
Not to add fuel to the fire, but if others with the same car (or less) than yours don't have those problems, then it might be you.

If you describe the same problem to multiple groups of people and they all come up with the same opinion, then maybe they are onto something.

Just from reading your first and last post, it seems like you have a hard time when things don't go your way and you don't like to hear other's opinions, so good luck with your car

Just curious.... what did you own before the Camaro?
Old 01-28-2016, 09:20 PM   #16
mar10

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazstreetracer View Post
Lol, my driving is good and I am glad that people here just put me down and say you suck at life it looks like . Having no traction is my problem. So all I hear around where I live is that I suck and that I am slow. So I am glad that the camaro group I thought I was in thinks the same way it look like and it is not a group I won't to be in so thank and have a good day I am out.
Has street racer in his user name, claims to lose street races on a forum that discourages street races. Doesn't mention the issues he's having or the hp he's trying to put down. Just that he's getting embarrassed by cars that should not beat him. Then blows up when people point out its most likely him. Seems like borderline trolling to me.

But to the op either something is wrong with your build/car or with your driving. Even without good traction your car should be faster than stock and not getting beat by 17 second cars. What's your air fuel ratio? What tires and psi are you running? How are you launching and starting your races? These are the details that can lead people to information and they can help you out.

My car is a similar setup to yours and I have traction issues but I still run a full second faster than the local autos with just exhausts and intakes. Now I'm in the process of upgrading my suspension so I can actually use all the power sooner instead of having to ease into it.

If you want help its here. But if you want to just blew up on the forum when people respond and point out what seems obvious to them based on the information you've given you'll end up missing out on a lot of valuable information.
Stainless Power Longtube headers, off road mids, stock H pipe, flowmaster mufflers, Vararam tune model intake, NightFury cam, and 91 octane email tune from Dynosteve @ rdpmotorsport.com. 473 rwhp and 430 ft. Lbs. @3,235 ft elevation.
Old 01-29-2016, 01:26 AM   #17
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Everyone just needs to lay off him i'm not saying i agree with everything he's said or you've all said but holy crap man he asked for advice not stupid BS insults and one-sided opinions.

Kaz i don't think i've met you yet or if i have i can't remember but these cars aren't always easy to get a feel for even at high end modification. I'm sure i'll get the typical you drive a V6 flame on this from someone out of state who hasn't met me but whatever. If you ever wanna do a track meet with a few of us at NED in Epping, NH sometime maybe we can help you out some in a good enviroment.

Do me and the helpful ones a favor and watch the street race talk on this forum they discourage it greatly and for good reason. Even implying that it was an experience street racing can get you in hot water sometimes. The only real question i can think of is if you get any wheel hop on take-off with your mods then it's about the equivalent of missing a shift against most anything else because these cars are 4,000lb. bricks.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Old 01-29-2016, 01:28 AM   #18
Tmick5jr
Todd

Drives: 2012 Camaro
ill trade you my v6
Old 01-29-2016, 06:35 AM   #19
SSICKO

Drives: SSICKO
Well that escalated quickly...
Old 01-29-2016, 08:48 AM   #20
Slowhawk

Drives: 1999 Trans Am
Quote:
I have a 14 camaro ss, did cam and valve train, header, and cold air induction, 3600 stall and been tune by a very good guy. I am getting really disappointed in this car with all the money i am throwing at it to just to get beat or keeping up with by a 4 cylinder or a rotary car that have all most nothing done to them. Pissing me off!!!!!
This is the original post. Says the car sucks and loses racing. Absolutely no mention of traction problems.

Then complain that people say stuff, then you admit no traction..

Maybe start with first post- I lose every race because my car just spins. ? Then you'll get different responses and help.

Last edited by Slowhawk; 01-29-2016 at 11:05 AM.
Old 01-29-2016, 10:20 AM   #21
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
Got any dyno numbers for your car with the mods? Even with no traction you should be able to run high 12's.
Old 01-29-2016, 10:38 AM   #22
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Beginning to see why some people don't always get along with slowhawk. He didn't come on here giving you any grief and your not only a business owner your a sponsor on here which should come with a little more tactful posting especially in your regions thread section. I've never met you myself but i hear alot of good things and a few people who have issues with not your work but your approach not judging just thinking maybe less fanning needless flames is better for PR?

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Old 01-29-2016, 10:42 AM   #23
snarky
ultracrepidarianism

Drives: '14 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP '18 Accord Sport
Quote:
One was an old rx-7. One was an stupid Honda. Had an four door Pontiac. And a Ford disel truck that had a load that was keeping up with me.
Old 01-29-2016, 11:04 AM   #24
Slowhawk

Drives: 1999 Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
Beginning to see why some people don't always get along with slowhawk. He didn't come on here giving you any grief and your not only a business owner your a sponsor on here which should come with a little more tactful posting especially in your regions thread section. I've never met you myself but i hear alot of good things and a few people who have issues with not your work but your approach not judging just thinking maybe less fanning needless flames is better for PR?
I understand. Just giving an answer straight out of why people answered the way they did. I'm very straight forward and care about the cars we touch. Some people love the approach, some don't. Just take my job and caring too far sometimes.
Old 01-29-2016, 12:44 PM   #25
mar10

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
I see nothing wrong with what he posted. If the OP wants help there is plenty of it here. But without any useful information hes not going to get much constructive criticism. It seems he was looking for others to say don't worry it happens to me to but we all know that's not the case. Granted when I race its on a drag strip road course or air strip so I don't know the issues that plague street racers. But if his car is set up perfect as he claims and he is a perfect driver which he claims there is no reason he should be losing to the cars hes worried about losing to unless they have a lot more done to them than he realizes. Otherwise there is no logical reason for him to lose and obviously cant accept that hes wrong about either his cars set up or his abilities. As fast as he blew up in this thread leads me to believe there may be something else going on and he should talk to a professional about it. But that's his personal life and has nothing to do with the Camaro. Theres no reason for people here to lie to make him feel better about losing races that his car should win. If he wants to win he needs to realize he needs to change something on his car or with his driving. If he wont accept it than there's nothing we can tell him to make him faster. If he cant handle the heat of this thread he should stay away from forums.
Stainless Power Longtube headers, off road mids, stock H pipe, flowmaster mufflers, Vararam tune model intake, NightFury cam, and 91 octane email tune from Dynosteve @ rdpmotorsport.com. 473 rwhp and 430 ft. Lbs. @3,235 ft elevation.
Old 01-29-2016, 12:56 PM   #26
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
OK... now that we have figured out the problem... let's talk tires and start winning some races.

Sounds like a pretty bad ass car.
Old 01-29-2016, 01:30 PM   #27
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowhawk View Post
I understand. Just giving an answer straight out of why people answered the way they did. I'm very straight forward and care about the cars we touch. Some people love the approach, some don't. Just take my job and caring too far sometimes.
No you sound like a mirror image of me when it comes to work. unfortunately i don't work on cars as my living so i view it from the outside looking in.

Old 01-29-2016, 01:36 PM   #28
Redrocker1958
Obsessive camaro disorder

Drives: **2010 2ss/rs**
Simple solution..buy you a 4 banger..some ppl were just not ment to harness the power is a v8 camaro..its a fact