Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 12-13-2013, 09:51 AM   #1
TheAviator

Drives: 2012 Black Camaro 1LT
Any Lamborghini owners? Advice

I'm going to be buying my first Lamborghini sometime next year and would like some advice. I have a friend with a Diablo and has owned a Gallardo, he says the Diablo is a much better quality car than the older Countach. But all of my life I've wanted a Countach, but I realize they have really old technology compared to the newer ones.

Primary questioni is this, what are the quality differences between the Diablo and the Murcielago? Is the Murc a much superior car quality wise to the Diablo? I am going back and forth between a Diablo and Murc at this point, I think my friend has all but talked me out of buying a Countach but still a possibility. I do not like the Gallardo at all and that is not on the table for me. Just too small, look too much like a Fiero or something for my tastes.
Old 12-13-2013, 09:59 AM   #2
MrWray
SYBIL

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS, silver ice metallic
Damn dude, I LOVE...I say again LOVE me some Lamborghini, the adventador is my dream car. You are a lucky man, I would pick the Murcielago out of the two you are referring to, thats just me there is so much technology inside the murci its unreal, Hell it was their flagship car for a long time until they introduced the Adventador in 2011.

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1386950355915.jpg
Views: 1343
Size:  55.6 KB

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1386950393131.jpg
Views: 1251
Size:  26.6 KB

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1386950355915.jpg
Views: 1343
Size:  55.6 KB
Attached Images

Last edited by MrWray; 12-13-2013 at 10:25 AM.
MrWray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 10:17 AM   #3
SlowSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
You may want to post this in a Lamborghini forum, I think must of us drive Camaro's.

Congrats on your future purchase though!!!

I'm not trying to be rude I just think you might have a better outcome on Lamborghini specific forum.
Old 12-13-2013, 10:21 AM   #4
Aequitas & Veritas

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS, 2009 GTR
Not an expert but if I had the funds, I'd go Diablo GTR because of this

As for newer ones Aventador but that wasn't a choice
Old 12-13-2013, 10:35 AM   #5
SS 376

Drives: 2010 IBM 1SS (Former)
Two questions

1. What do you do that allows you step up from a V6 Camaro to a Lamborghini?

2. Why not just buy a new Lamborghini, specifically the upcoming Gallardo replacement?
SS 376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 11:34 AM   #6
SSRedTerror

Drives: 2011 Victory Red SS
Don't be fooled by the Gallardo, its a serious vehicle.

But between the two you are asking about, the Murc is probably a better choice if you plan to drive it often. The Diablo is older and I believe more rare. I've seen fewer in real life. I would look for a special edition merc like the ones they came out with right before the Gallardo come out. Like an LP640 or something like that. I can't remember all the model numbers but I remember top gear testing it out and it being a bad ass car.
SSRedTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 11:57 AM   #7
bwk1971
Res Ipsa Loquitur

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS Vert Supercharged
Just sayin'

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 946
Size:  176.5 KB
"STREET LEGAL" 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3 Convertible -- 2.9l Whipple Supercharger, CDC SportBar, Cordon CR-1 and MRR M017 wheels, Hex Vents, RPI ZL1 Splitter, CAI, Pfadt Tri-Y Headers, high-flow cats, ZR1 3 bar map sensor, ZL1 fuel pump, 3.875" pulley, ADM FPCM, 1LE PCV Oil Separator Kit, Elite Catch Can, APEX scoop and washer bottle relocation kit, Hotchkis lowering springs, BMR sways, BMR toe rods, BMR trailing arms, 620 rwhp, 564 rwtq, and tuned by Andrew Zurick of Complete Street Performance by way of Maryland Speed.
bwk1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 12:14 PM   #8
MrWray
SYBIL

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSRedTerror View Post
Don't be fooled by the Gallardo, its a serious vehicle.

But between the two you are asking about, the Murc is probably a better choice if you plan to drive it often. The Diablo is older and I believe more rare. I've seen fewer in real life. I would look for a special edition merc like the ones they came out with right before the Gallardo come out. Like an LP640 or something like that. I can't remember all the model numbers but I remember top gear testing it out and it being a bad ass car.
The Gallardo is badass too
Old 12-13-2013, 12:23 PM   #9
DesertCamaro

Drives: Fast
I think the major issue would be maintenance costs. Older Lambos require constant maintenance from very costly shops while the newer Gallardo's and Merc's are built much better. Older Diablos have serious overheating issues that can easily grenade that beautiful V12. I think it all depends on how much $$$$$$$$$$$ you have.
DesertCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 12:53 PM   #10
TheAviator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray View Post
Damn dude, I LOVE...I say again LOVE me some Lamborghini, the adventador is my dream car. You are a lucky man, I would pick the Murcielago out of the two you are referring to, thats just me there is so much technology inside the murci its unreal, Hell it was their flagship car for a long time until they introduced the Adventador in 2011.

Attachment 582553

Attachment 582555

Attachment 582553
Thanks, the Aventador is my dream car as well, but no way am I blowing half a mil on a car. $130K ish or less, is around my budget for this. Thanks everyone, I had about made my mind up to go Murc as well, due to it just being newer and most likely more reliable with newer tech etc. But I am still up for suggestions. Love that one Diablo that was posted, I have never seen one like that before.
Old 12-13-2013, 12:53 PM   #11
TheAviator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aequitas & Veritas View Post
Not an expert but if I had the funds, I'd go Diablo GTR because of this

As for newer ones Aventador but that wasn't a choice
That is Bad Azz
Old 12-13-2013, 01:59 PM   #12
S3XPanther
by Odeon

Drives: '12 SS/RS A6 IOM SOLD, '13 1LE IOM
Any Lamborghini owners? Advice

OP, there's a gentleman on YouTube by the name of Rob something (not his actual last name, I just can't remember) that goes into very specific detail on what it's like owning a Diablo. He has several videos that might help you. The actual title of the video (at least one of them) is "what it's like owning a Lamborghini Diablo". I believe he said you need at least $10k in maintenance every year. And that figure isn't if anything breaks, that's just maintenance. I prefer the Diablo myself, but it is older, and will probably require more maintenance. Congratulations and enjoy it.

"Some say it's a waste of time, others say it's an incredible waste of time."

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

2013 IOM SS/RS - 1LE. Born 5/6/2013 (1 of 32 1SS IOM 1LE's)
S3XPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 02:06 PM   #13
MrWray
SYBIL

Quote:
Originally Posted by S3XPanther View Post
OP, there's a gentleman on YouTube by the name of Rob something (not his actual last name, I just can't remember) that goes into very specific detail on what it's like owning a Diablo. He has several videos that might help you. The actual title of the video (at least one of them) is "what it's like owning a Lamborghini Diablo". I believe he said you need at least $10k in maintenance every year. And that figure isn't if anything breaks, that's just maintenance. I prefer the Diablo myself, but it is older, and will probably require more maintenance. Congratulations and enjoy it.
I know that theres the saying "if you can afford the car, you can afford the cost that comes with it", but damn, I would not want to spend thousands on maintenance every year. :eek:
Old 12-13-2013, 02:46 PM   #14
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Hey TheAvaitor, if you don't mind sharing, what is your job?