Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 06-09-2010, 09:38 AM   #43
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Drives: Black 1SS with 20% tinted windows
Is nobody interested in this now after I got the connectors and pins?
Darth Martel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 06:33 PM   #44
Coop

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
You havent said how much they r Darth.
2010 Camaro 1SS Inferno Orange Magnusson Supercharger Installed and Tuned by ADM Performance, Roto Fab CAI IOM painted, MBRP Cat Back Exhaust, Barton Industries Short Shifter, Clear Image Headers, Pedders coilovers, BMR Front/Rear sway bars Trailing Arms and End Links, VMax ported TB
Coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 07:00 PM   #45
Hupperware

Drives: 2010 Synergy Green Metallic 1LT
Send a message via AIM to Hupperware Send a message via MSN to Hupperware Send a message via Yahoo to Hupperware Send a message via Skype™ to Hupperware
I'm interested... but I would be more interested in a "non-invasive" approach... I could just T-Tap, but...
Hupperware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 08:30 PM   #46
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

The reason I haven't posted a price is because I'm not really sure how the mods feel about posting pricing for stuff like this. It's not a mass marketed thing so, not sure it would fall under the sponsored seller thing or not and I don't want to get myself in hot water. With that being said, I'll throw a price out there and if the mods disapprove then I hope they understand I'm just trying to provide a service and not trying to get rich off of doing stuff like this. For ten dead Washingtons I will send one of these out. Hupperware, I can research a more non-invasive approach but, it will require more time, effort, and legwork on my part which raises the cost. Keep in mind this is for simply TWO wires going into a connector. The non-invasive approach consists of a passthru harness that simply taps into the 2 wires needed to get 12V and GND. The cost of the two wires and the connector to the homelink isn't that big of a concern. The passthru part of the harness would be. Just doesn't seem worth it to me for what is essentially 2 wires.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:11 PM   #47
BigBOSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS, 6M, IBM
Anyone know the model number of Homelink for the Gray interior?

Thanks!
BigBOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 10:53 AM   #48
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

I don't think they have different colors but, I could be wrong.

Hupperware... I started an inquiry into getting those connectors. I will let you know if I can get them or not. It will be next week sometime.
Old 06-17-2010, 10:14 PM   #49
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Just giving an update. I put in a request for the connectors earlier this week. I haven't heard back from the manufacturer so, I have no idea if they've been shipped out or if my request has just been blown off. I tried calling the rep today and the guy didn't return my phone call. So, at the moment, I'm in a holding pattern for a perfectly invasive solution for this. As it stands, I have 2 copies of the crimp splice solution ready to ship out to anybody that wants them.
Old 06-19-2010, 10:49 PM   #50
gahammerle

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6 Inferno Orange
well I was interested in adding the homelink buttons, but then I saw the price for them. I'll stick with the remote clipped to my visor.

Injen CAI / Solo Mach-X LLT / Solo High-flow res-cats / Barton short shifter / RX Catch Can / RPI Gills / 35% tint / LED Footwell Lighting Front & Rear / Pedders Street 1 / Pedders steering rack bushing / SS struts / Pfadt drop springs / VMax Ported Throttle Body / Spohn Toe Rods / Spohn Trailing Arms / Trifecta Tune / MACE 25mm Intake Spacers

Find me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/gahammerle
gahammerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 02:36 AM   #51
Brownhornitt

Drives: 2006 White Corvette Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by gahammerle View Post
well I was interested in adding the homelink buttons, but then I saw the price for them. I'll stick with the remote clipped to my visor.
I just stuck mine up there with double sided mounting tape to the place where the homelink should be. We'll see how long it stays.

Good news is it was free if it doesn't work out.
Old 06-25-2010, 02:39 PM   #52
christianmotox

Drives: ( . )( . )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cj_ View Post
Does anyone know if you can just get the homelink without the console? I have the opening for the homelink in the console, just not the homelink. (Sunroof console)
I couldn't find the answer to this? can you get just the module with out the whole console? or is there a similar console that you can use?
christianmotox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 08:11 AM   #53
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Good news folks... I FINALLY got the connectors from the manufacturer that I requested. They aren't the exact connectors but, they will work with some slight modification. I should have a non-invasive solution to this in a few days. It will be plug n play... no cutting or crimping involved.

When I get it finalized, I will post a pic.

And yes, it sometimes takes this long to get parts from these manufacturers. That's why it costs a few extra bucks to make these things. There's a lot of legwork involved in making a harness like this.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:34 AM   #54
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Martel View Post
Good news folks... I FINALLY got the connectors from the manufacturer that I requested. They aren't the exact connectors but, they will work with some slight modification. I should have a non-invasive solution to this in a few days. It will be plug n play... no cutting or crimping involved.

And yes, it sometimes takes this long to get parts from these manufacturers. That's why it costs a few extra bucks to make these things. There's a lot of legwork involved in making a harness like this.

We'll be waiting!! Thanks again Darth!!!
Old 08-15-2010, 08:04 AM   #55
white light

Drives: 2010 Camaro
great info guys
white light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 09:02 PM   #56
jeepguy_1980

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Martel View Post

Any updates?
jeepguy_1980 is offline   Reply With Quote