Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-22-2013, 09:06 PM   #29
SLEEPER SS
Banned

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Damn that sucks. Hope the guy is ok. Have no passion for drunk drivers.
SLEEPER SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:19 PM   #30
atma
disco kryptonite

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
so glad your friend is okay. it looks like his wheels survived. ask him if he wants to sell em
Old 09-22-2013, 10:36 PM   #31
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by canecorso69 View Post
Glad he is ok. With all the education about drinking and driving there is no reason to b driving drunk. Sadly, it takes 4 or 5 times before any jail time is handed down.

Its good to know these cars can absorb some impact.
Agreed and very sadly

Break it down economically if someone doesn't get it, $20 cab ride and get to sleep in your own bed, or drive and maybe sleep in jail, or maybe the hospital or morgue and then if you live spend a couple thousand dollars minimum.

Hate that happened to the guy, glad he walked away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tohper View Post
That sucks I hope the Drunk Driver has to buy him a shiny new ride. Regaurdless if he can afford it or not
If I were king of the world, yeah, people like that once they got out of jail/hospital would have to work off a new car for that guy.
Old 09-22-2013, 10:55 PM   #32
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
People still drinking and driving in this day and age with all the awareness unbelievable. Glad your friend is ok op cars can be replaced people can't.
Old 09-22-2013, 11:38 PM   #33
AdamEL
Adam E. Lucchesi

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS LS3 VR
Send a message via AIM to AdamEL
A buddy of mine was killed by a drunk driver. The driver was an 18 year old girl. No tolerance for that crap. Only idiots drink and get behind the wheel.
AdamEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 11:54 PM   #34
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Had2F's View Post
Same here -This was my first Camaro. My brother was driving. His only injury - a slightly banged up knee that required a brace for a while.

My 2013 LS is my 4th Camaro, and I have say that, of all the cars I have owned or driven, I feel safer in this one than all the others.

If the brakes, power, and handling can't keep me out of an accident, the car will do great job protecting me.
This pic illustrates how far safety technology has come. The 1LE faired much better than this third gen.
Old 09-23-2013, 12:08 AM   #35
Supreme Leader
Account Suspended

Drives: MANual
I still don't believe he got hit straight on at 60mph.
Supreme Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:08 AM   #36
IDriveCamaroSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LE, 2013 ZR1, 2012 cts-v
Holy crap. I hope he sues the guy for everything he's worth. I hope the guys wife divorces him and he lives a life of misery.
IDriveCamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 05:48 AM   #37
DFWHD

Drives: 45th Anniversary Convertible
Unfortunately, law suits are not effective on habitual drunk drivers. My wife and I were T-boned by a 3 time drunk driver back in the 90s and nothing came out of it. The only ones who got paid were the lawyers.
DFWHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 06:25 AM   #38
Badbubba
GrINned & JUICEd

Drives: 15STI, 10Expy, 10 2SS/RS M6, 47KB1
Very impressed for a 60mph hit.
GPI SS3 Cam & stuff,N.O. Plate(dedicated fuel tank,progressive,fuel hose upgrade,remote opener,heater,console switches),LNC2000,CTAP,ARH 1 7/8" LTs/gutted cats/X pipe/mufflers,Jet Hot coated LTs,GPI HPT Tune,CAI, Scoop,Rx Catch Can,Gates heater hose relocation, Remote clutch & auto brake res,Metco loop,Momentum Tunnel Brace,TSW Nurb 18",555 & 05,Pfadt trailing arms & toe rods,Autometer WB,Fesler Pillar Pod,LED strips (int),Lloyds floor & trunk mats,LED DRL/front turn & license plate,DRL harness,VLEDs tail lights,Plasticoat Bowties. Ord: Oct 5, 2009 Rec: Nov 19, 2009 13.17@112.6 stock
Badbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 06:42 AM   #39
DwRed1LTV6

Drives: '11 VR 2LT HHr
Glad your friend is ok OP.

Sad to see the Camaro totaled
like that !

DwRed1LTV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 07:14 AM   #40
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by suplex View Post
With it obviously being most important that your friend isn't hurt, I am highly impressed with just how durable these cars are. They didn't exceed all safety regulations for the fun of it...they meant it!

To all Camaro owners who wish their cars were lighter so they would be faster, if that was the case aabreu09's friend may not have made it. That is something I can't even think about.

This is a great post.

Frankly, it amazes me when someone makes a post along the lines of "These cars weigh too much!" -- as if the Camaro Team WANTS the car to weigh more......... When I'm in one of my bad moods, I want to type "YES! We're all morons and cannot walk and chew gum at the same time!wow!!!! we've never THOUGHT about the weight!!!!...

-- and then I hit 'delete!' - in fact I've worn my 'delete' key out.....!

I have typed the words: "Weight is our enemy because of CAFE (Corporate Average Fuel Economy) Standards" at least a thousand times in the past year alone...........

People want confortable seats - they want the sheetmetal not to 'oil-can' as they polish their pride and joy - they want a robust drivetrain - they want it to handle well - they want a refined ride and they want relative quiet at 70mph.....the list goes on and on. (...don't forget -- we have to appeal to lots of people-- not just you...)

....oh yes - and the car has to be affordable...........

And then the same people ask for things like "hideaway headlamps" (adds stupid amounts of weight) and a list of other things that make the car even heavier......

*deep breath*

Well - there's a reason the car weighs what it does - and safety is one of the biggest reasons - and this collision -which is truly unfortunate - is an example.

As to the drunk driver? No sympathy --

Glad your friend is OK.....we can build him another Camaro.

And SUPLEX - thank you for a GREAT post -- and for being a voice of reason!
Old 09-23-2013, 08:18 AM   #41
Ohten

Drives: Granite Crystal Challenger SRT