Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-10-2011, 07:55 PM   #1
Goliath

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS L99 A6
One possible solution to CEL P0430 w/ JBA midpipes

I have been using non top-tier gasoline (AFEES Gas Station) 93 octane for a long time and I decided to add TSP Fuel Injector & Carburetor Treatment Additive to clean the build-up carbon. BIG MISTAKE !!!

After 2 miles down the road, I received a CEL P0430. Drove the car home and cleared the code. Ate lunch and drove to work and the CEL came back on after 1 mile drive. PANIC !!

After analyzing the situation, I've decided it wasn't the JBA Midpipes because it has been running good over 3000 + miles without throwing a CEL. It must be the TSP additive that I put it and threw a CEL instantly.

Solution: I drove the car for a week until the fuel level was down to 40 miles until the tank is empty with the CEL still on. Went back to AFEES Gas Station and fill a full tank of 93 octane. I cleared the CEL, crossed my fingers, and drove off to work without any CEL on. So far so good, no CEL at all after about 10 miles. It too early to tell but I'll report back if any CEL comes back on later. *Knock on Wood*

Lesson Learned: Don't put additives into the fuel system.

Goliath is offline   Reply With Quote