Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 07-29-2013, 09:56 PM   #771
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Cool, get to visit with DE again... Can't wait to see Smaug flying down the track...

Can't wait!!

JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:28 PM   #772
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post

Can't wait!!

I might need a ride in a ZL1...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:47 PM   #773
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
I might need a ride in a ZL1...
I need a ride in a twin turbo..
Old 07-30-2013, 01:18 PM   #774
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post

On another subject, we'll have pics of some new 5th Gen parts to post on Wednesday.
How about a sneak peek? call it Sneaky Tuesday...

It's not right making us wait... teasing us like that...

BTW... Hi Pete!!
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:47 PM   #775
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
I need a ride in a twin turbo..
Exhaust manifolds being built as I type this...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 12:13 PM   #776
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by 600hp-lpe View Post
How about a sneak peek? call it Sneaky Tuesday...

It's not right making us wait... teasing us like that...

BTW... Hi Pete!!
W3e have run our Pedders USA Camaros on race tracks around the country. None of our suspension parts break, except at Road America. We have now failed two two links at RA. The first was on the L/28 and the second on Bruce Raymond's 1LE. The reason the links bend is they are performing exactly as designed. When sufficient side load is present the OE designs the link to bend protecting the sub-frame. This works very well if you get loose in the rain and kiss a curb. The same side load can be generated on a race course.

At RA coming off the gatorbacks out of turns loads the outside wheel when the wheel comes back in contact with the track surface. Your have to be running hard and fast to create this condition. That is a given for Bruce Raymond and Danny Popp. It is easy to say make a stronger arm. The stronger arm will load the sub-frame mounting point. We are Pedders and reluctant to do that. We are Pedders and expect our cars to be bullet proof reliable. That put us between a rock and a hard place.

You all know that we really like the ZL1 and 1LE toe links. The sealed bearing are tested to be OEM quiet for 150,000 miles. That is a Pedders part Those links have now failed us twice at RA. We belive our solution is elegant conceptually. We decided to use the OE bearings from ZL1 or 1LE toe links, with a stronger arm and retain the eccentric adjustment as out fuse to protect the sub-frame. The eccentric adjuster should slip under impact allowing just enough motion to protect the sub-frame. Pedders eXtreme Range Eccentrics have thicker eccentrics that provide excellent grip and have been race tested. We think we have the best of all worlds in our new ZL1 1LE upgrade arms.

The only negative to the arms is that we have yet to source the bearings separate from the arms. If you have a 1LE or ZL1 the upgrade is easy. Press the bearings out of the OE arm and press them into Pedders arm. We can do it for you on an exchange basis.

OEM Quiet.
Race car function.

Only from Pedders.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 12:19 PM   #777
JusticePete

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6896918&posted=1#post6896918

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=1#post6896918

Suspension components are addicting. The more you have, the more you want more. I bought Xa coilovers or Pfadt single adjustable and I wish I had bought Supercars with independent bound and rebound adjustment. We are prepared to make it easy.

We are testing a trade-in / trade-up program. Order your Camaro Supercar coilovers by phone from Pedders USA 248.522.8021 or your participating Pedders Dealer and we will authorize a $850 credit dependent on your trade-up / trade-in Pedders Xa or Pfadt brand coilovers being is full working order. We will ship your coilovers out FREE. Use the Pedders Supercar packaging to return your coilovers with the included return label.

Camaro 164086 Supercar Coilovers
CAMARO XA REMOTE CANISTER
  • 52MM HIGH PRESSURE NITROGEN MONOTUBE CONSTRUCTION
  • 25% SURFACE AREA INCREASE OVER THE STANDARD XA COILOVERS
  • 30 POSITIVE POSITION DAMPING ADJUSTMENT
  • THREADED TUBE AND MOUNT HEIGHT ADJUSTMENT
  • OEM COMPATIBLE BRACKETRY
  • HIGH STRENGTH STEEL STRUT CLEVIS DESIGN FOR OPTIMAL STRENGTH
  • ADVANCED ALLOY MOTORSPORT COILS
  • ALUMINIUM SPRING PERCHES AND LOCKING RINGS
  • SET OF 4 PEDDERS XA COILOVERS IN EACH BOX
  • INCLUDES SPANNER WRENCHES TO ADJUST HEIGHT

This is a market test. We'll see what the response is and what we are able to do with the previously owned coilovers. We hope our Dealers are able to use them for cost effective upgrades and installs. We won't know until we try. Who will be the first?

If your coilovers are not fully functional (adjustment rings and all mechanicals in working condition) Your credit will be reversed and $850 charged to your credit card.
Old 08-14-2013, 12:37 PM   #778
Sapper12b
HTCC Member

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
I need to come by the shop and see how I can spend my money.
Sapper12b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 12:56 PM   #779
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapper12b View Post
I need to come by the shop and see how I can spend my money.
Get with Owen at ARD.
Old 08-14-2013, 01:05 PM   #780
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Quote:
Want to drive the best-of-the-best 5th Gen Camaro, then you'll want the latest and greatest from Pedders. For the second year in a row, the Pedders Lingenfelter Camaro had the fastest combined Road Course (2nd to a bad axx 3,100 pound Vette) and Autocross (1st) times at the event.

The data connection from the vehicle to the data logger was intermittent. The G forces are integral to the data logger and are spot on.
Ahh Gingerman!
Quote:
W3e have run our Pedders USA Camaros on race tracks around the country. None of our suspension parts break, except at Road America. We have now failed two two links at RA. The first was on the L/28 and the second on Bruce Raymond's 1LE. The reason the links bend is they are performing exactly as designed. When sufficient side load is present the OE designs the link to bend protecting the sub-frame. This works very well if you get loose in the rain and kiss a curb. The same side load can be generated on a race course.

At RA coming off the gatorbacks out of turns loads the outside wheel when the wheel comes back in contact with the track surface. Your have to be running hard and fast to create this condition. That is a given for Bruce Raymond and Danny Popp. It is easy to say make a stronger arm. The stronger arm will load the sub-frame mounting point. We are Pedders and reluctant to do that. We are Pedders and expect our cars to be bullet proof reliable. That put us between a rock and a hard place.

You all know that we really like the ZL1 and 1LE toe links. The sealed bearing are tested to be OEM quiet for 150,000 miles. That is a Pedders part Those links have now failed us twice at RA. We belive our solution is elegant conceptually. We decided to use the OE bearings from ZL1 or 1LE toe links, with a stronger arm and retain the eccentric adjustment as out fuse to protect the sub-frame. The eccentric adjuster should slip under impact allowing just enough motion to protect the sub-frame. Pedders eXtreme Range Eccentrics have thicker eccentrics that provide excellent grip and have been race tested. We think we have the best of all worlds in our new ZL1 1LE upgrade arms.

The only negative to the arms is that we have yet to source the bearings separate from the arms. If you have a 1LE or ZL1 the upgrade is easy. Press the bearings out of the OE arm and press them into Pedders arm. We can do it for you on an exchange basis.

OEM Quiet.
Race car function.

Only from Pedders.
These are some SERIOUS toe links! Saw prototypes in person at Raymonds during the fest!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:37 PM   #781
Rob@WretchedMS

Drives: His Wife Crazy
it's the wrong color, lol
Rob@WretchedMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:49 PM   #782
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
I know red is a Pedder trademark but I wish black was an option for us stealthy guys...
Old 08-15-2013, 08:37 AM   #783
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
I know red is a Pedder trademark but I wish black was an option for us stealthy guys...
rattlerattlerattlerattlesquirt
Old 08-16-2013, 03:27 PM   #784
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob@WretchedMS View Post
it's the wrong color, lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Twisty View Post
rattlerattlerattlerattlesquirt
"...you might be a redneck"