Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-21-2015, 08:00 PM   #43
Cam_Cam

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS
I usually ignore it, but my annoyance went over the top. I wasn't trying to insult anyone. I love my car. I would just never get chest puffy about it
Cam_Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 08:01 PM   #44
911medic

Drives: 2012 SIM 2LT/1970 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd10013 View Post
unless you buy some good snow tires, they are terrible in the snow. was out in mine today, bout 2 inches, and it was a PITA taking off from a standstill and go around corners. rear just wants to swing out the tires spin so easily. and that's just a V6. cant even imagine what a headache the 8 would be.
I have daily driven mine, with the stock all-season tires, for the past 2 winters. 62 miles round trip to work and back. Got stuck once in my driveway during a blizzard last year.

"Terrible" without snow tires? If you're talking about the summer tires on RS V6s and on SSs/etc, maybe. But the all-seasons are not terrible in the winter.
Wishlist: ACS T5 Splitter -- Hood Vent Mod -- Footwell/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
911medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 08:02 PM   #45
BigShow1960
BigShow

Drives: 2017 1 Camaro + Chevy Avalanche
My friend's DD is a 911, and also in Columbus.
BigShow1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 08:25 PM   #46
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam_Cam View Post
How can a person who can't spell, type, or succeed at grammar tell someone else to go back to Walmart? And who gets uber proud of themselves for owning two cars? You want a pat on the back? I have no NEED for two cars, so why would I HAVE two cars? Has nothing to do with being able to afford them. And people will stare at my Camaro during the Dream Cruise because it's unique. It doesn't look like most Camaros. And I'll sell the Camaro and get something different long before I need to care about winter driving affecting the car. Sorry you're butt hurt that someone told you that your "queen" isn't as impressive as you strut around thinking it is. Enjoy the oil spots dumb ass.
I just read my post done on my phone. It sure looks like I cant spell. And for sure it looks like im stupid...its hard to type on that thing. But at least I have reason for looking and sounding dumb. You don't have an excuse do you ? Im thinking the bike you rode had 3 wheels not 2.......dumb ass. Your upset about my walmart back comment...that tells me you have one. I already told you that I don't look down on anybody driving a Camaro in the snow...I just look down on you now. Make sure you wear you bike helmet, you wouldn't want to fall off that 3 wheeled bike you ride and damage anymore of that brain. If your post wasn't directed at me then im sorry. Again its ok you drive your car in the winter. I bought my car knowing it wouldn't be winter driven. Chest puffy......really?
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 08:31 PM   #47
Cam_Cam

I can't even take you serious.
Old 02-21-2015, 08:37 PM   #48
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Thats a shame......with all the chirping your doing I thought you had more.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 08:37 PM   #49
SSJ455

Drives: "Kara Zor-El" 2017 2SS HBM
I've driven mine in the snow a couple of times. It handled well with all seasons. But with the cold I didn't want to have to keep it clean with all the salt. My Regal GS does well in the snow though trying to keep it clean has proved problematic.
Come on spring!!!

I sometimes see Camaros in the snow and all I say is - You're brave. It is good to see them out, though. You bought, drive it!!!!!
Dangerzoooooone.

SSJ455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 08:54 PM   #50
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
I wouldn't yell at you..........................but I would be shaking my head why? I don't leave the driveway if it's raining and that's 6 months of the year up here in the Great Wet North.

Old 02-21-2015, 08:57 PM   #51
Cam_Cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Thats a shame......with all the chirping your doing I thought you had more.
We've gotta work on your use of contractions. Tweet twee .
Old 02-21-2015, 09:03 PM   #52
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_cowboy View Post
Mine's in the garage all winter because......... And B. I'd like to still have the car in good shape in 15 or 20 years, that wouldn't happen if I let it spend the winter caked in salt.

I guess for folks who want to trade cars every 4 or 5 years, the damage winter does to a vehicle doesn't really matter, but I buy cars for long term.
This.

There are people here when storing their Camaro's, who purposefully keep their doors slightly open in order to not squash the door seals (yes I know you exist out there ), those who store their cars raised, to relieve pressure on their suspension and tires.......

....and there are those who drive in the salt and slush mixture, and are fine with that as well.

Each to their own !!!
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 09:04 PM   #53
Burt
Cone Killer

Drives: 2012 SS
wow, there's a lot more turmoil on this post than I expected. I've got Nitto NT90Ws on my SS, and the traction is honestly incredible. Not only can it get traction in more snow than it has ground clearance for, hard pack, and slush/ice, but it can pull serious grades as well. I'm very pleased with it as a DD. If I had a ton of money, would I daily the Camaro? No, because I'd be in an SLS AMG on Blizzaks instead.

Selling off my remaining wheels, tires, 27mm front sway bar, and MGW shift knob. Get them out of my house before my wife puts me out!
Burt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 09:06 PM   #54
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
A camaro is just a car like any other, if you know how to drive in the winter weather then it will perform just as well as any other car. Some of us want to keep it stored and have other cars to drive when the times get bad. Does that make us nosey? Not one bit some are garage queens while others just want to store it for the winter so they have something fun and clean to drive. I see a couple around here that are driven year round, as long as they know how to handle it in the snow then more power to them. Don't worry about if people drive their nice cars in the winter, I've seen people drive bentleys and nice Porsches in the winter.
Old 02-21-2015, 09:07 PM   #55
Camaro Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc View Post
I wouldn't yell at you..........................but I would be shaking my head why? I don't leave the driveway if it's raining and that's 6 months of the year up here in the Great Wet North.

Speak for yourself dude, it rains waaaaay less here, than there .
Old 02-21-2015, 09:12 PM   #56
Camaro Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace0751 View Post
A camaro is just a car like any other, if you know how to drive in the winter weather then it will perform just as well as any other car. Some of us want to keep it stored and have other cars to drive when the times get bad. Does that make us nosey? Not one bit some are garage queens while others just want to store it for the winter so they have something fun and clean to drive. I see a couple around here that are driven year round, as long as they know how to handle it in the snow then more power to them. Don't worry about if people drive their nice cars in the winter, I've seen people drive bentleys and nice Porsches in the winter.
Yup.

Not too long ago around here, a cop pulled over a dude driving his Ferrari "something" (I forget the number ), on a cold mid-wintery day in January, because he didn't have snow tires on. The car was all white on the sides from the salt.

I had a good chuckle as I drove by in my jalopy.