Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 07-09-2013, 09:04 PM   #15
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
I understand the concerned but the new water bag that was installed in my 2011 has been working great and the top also. You need to make sure they know how to do the replacement. ASK ! If not request a GM tech to be present. They can do it right if they know what they are doing.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:35 AM   #16
JR 1

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxguy View Post
I feel that once they start tearing things apart to fix something the cars never the same.
You are right, but sometimes they are better

Good luck though. Ask a lot of questions and make sure this isn't the first time they have done it. Not just the dealer, make sure the actual tech working on your car has experience.
JR 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 03:35 AM   #17
drhunt95

Drives: 2012 2lt RS Camaro
Jumping into an old thread, but I have the same problem.
I have a 2012 convertible. I live near Portland, OR so it rains a lot here.
After the car sits for a few days in the rainy season, I hear the water sloshing in the rear area when I drive. If I accelerate or brake kinda hard, I see a trail of water coming out from the car on the road behind me.
I took it to the dealer twice to find the problem, but they say I am not maintaining my water drain lines and they must be clogged. They washed their hands of the problem.
I have read that you can see the water draining system (water management system) by lowering the top part way and lowering the rear windows. I did that, but still cant see any drainage system or the water management bag.
If I dont drive my car for a few weeks, there is an inch of water in my rear passenger foot area and water pours down into my lap when I drive from where the top connects to the front windshield. If I drive it every day or two, the water sloshing around in the rear area drains and I dont have interior water problems. It sucks, but seems the solution is to drive the car as often as possible in the rainy season to drain the water out. I dont have a garage to park the car in, so my options are limited. The inside of the car is now covered in brown mildew spots because I have not driven it lately. Has anyone found a better solution to this problem?
I have 31K miles on my car, so it is no longer under warranty.

And yes, I agree. Things aren't always the same after messed with. It may be a coincidence, but the top never had any leakage problems until I took it to the dealership for the convertible top recall work.

Last edited by drhunt95; 03-12-2016 at 03:52 AM.
drhunt95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 09:25 AM   #18
vegas girl

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS BRM convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Rophone View Post
If they can build a Corvette convertible without a Precipitation Colostomy Bag, why not the Camaro??
ROFLMAO....sorry for my warped sense of humor...but I'm an RN....^^^ FUNNY.

My question is....Ford can build a Stang convertible with a full sized trunk(my other car is a 2010 Stang vert)....why do the Camaro verts have a minuscule trunk??

2013 2LT/RS BRM Convertible
vegas girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 04:01 AM   #19
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS-3 IOM/IO vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegas girl View Post
ROFLMAO....sorry for my warped sense of humor...but I'm an RN....^^^ FUNNY.

My question is....Ford can build a Stang convertible with a full sized trunk(my other car is a 2010 Stang vert)....why do the Camaro verts have a minuscule trunk??
Design? Just guessing.
Old 03-13-2016, 06:13 PM   #20
2SS Drop Top

Drives: 2013 Summit White 2SS Convertible
I bought a 2103 2SS Convertible and I am experiencing moisture in the passenger rear floor board occasionally and the sloshing noise. The water management bag has a small amount of water remaining in the bag after washing the car. It appears the only way to drain the bag completely is to call a wrecker and have them raise the rear of the car up until it tears off the front spoiler, ground effects and bumper. The question I have should I do this with the top up or down?
2SS Drop Top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 06:43 AM   #21
xnuyokr

Drives: 2012 1LT Drop Top
Quote:
Originally Posted by drhunt95 View Post
Jumping into an old thread, but I have the same problem.
I have a 2012 convertible. I live near Portland, OR so it rains a lot here.
After the car sits for a few days in the rainy season, I hear the water sloshing in the rear area when I drive. If I accelerate or brake kinda hard, I see a trail of water coming out from the car on the road behind me.
I took it to the dealer twice to find the problem, but they say I am not maintaining my water drain lines and they must be clogged. They washed their hands of the problem.
I have read that you can see the water draining system (water management system) by lowering the top part way and lowering the rear windows. I did that, but still cant see any drainage system or the water management bag.
If I dont drive my car for a few weeks, there is an inch of water in my rear passenger foot area and water pours down into my lap when I drive from where the top connects to the front windshield. If I drive it every day or two, the water sloshing around in the rear area drains and I dont have interior water problems. It sucks, but seems the solution is to drive the car as often as possible in the rainy season to drain the water out. I dont have a garage to park the car in, so my options are limited. The inside of the car is now covered in brown mildew spots because I have not driven it lately. Has anyone found a better solution to this problem?
I have 31K miles on my car, so it is no longer under warranty.

And yes, I agree. Things aren't always the same after messed with. It may be a coincidence, but the top never had any leakage problems until I took it to the dealership for the convertible top recall work.
"You are not maintaining your drain lines".... This guys an idiot and you need to go to another dealer and contact GM. There was a new water management bag that was upgraded in my car when the top was replaced, (back window issue). Either the lines are clogged or they're not. The dealer should have checked, not told you that you weren't maintaining them. Out of warranty or not this is a known issue and you should pursue this, especially since you had the car in for top recall work, (if this was done under warranty then you should be golden as your problem stems from this). Don't take no for an answer. Also start your own thread about this stating your bad dealer experience and how its a common problem and should be covered. GM monitors this site and will normally chime in and offer assistance. Good luck!
Old 04-01-2016, 12:02 PM   #22
samman11

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS Drop Top View Post
I bought a 2103 2SS Convertible and I am experiencing moisture in the passenger rear floor board occasionally and the sloshing noise. The water management bag has a small amount of water remaining in the bag after washing the car. It appears the only way to drain the bag completely is to call a wrecker and have them raise the rear of the car up until it tears off the front spoiler, ground effects and bumper. The question I have should I do this with the top up or down?
Wow---100 hundred years into the future and they are still having problems with the Water leak. Damn! I didn't know the 2103 models were out yet. Me, I still have an old 2011 model. LOL.

Anyway, my 2011 Convertible, which I bought in October of 2015 with only 3200 miles on it, also has a small water leak. The carpets on the driver side, front and rear, become wet to the touch after washing the car. Sometimes it takes days to happen. Finally, the dealer that sold me the car is attempting to get to the bottom of it. They ordered a new Water Management Bag, and will have to go in to replace it. I'm told that the new bag has areas for six drains vs the four on the original. All covered under my 90 day warranty, as I brought this to their attention several weeks after my purchase. I HOPE they finally fix this.
samman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 09:11 PM   #23
Motogeezer

Drives: 45th Anniversary SS
2012 45th Anniversary Water Management Issues

I recently purchased my convert from the original owner who presented it as having no issues. After a heavy rain I heard the liquid sloshing sound I see mentioned in other posts.
Turned out it was an inch or so of water in the rear driver side footwell. Everywhere else is dry as a bone, the best I can tell.
I thought I may have had left the window down a little, but it happened again last night. A closer look showed me that the area had been previously wet.
So, I'm keeping a couple of sponges in the foot well to soak up the h2o :(
Found a couple YT videos of the same problem.
I'm going to try to check the bag and drainage system this weekend.
Motogeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 10:13 PM   #24
theragtopguy
Lifetime Philly Fan

Drives: 2015 Spring Edition 2SS M-6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motogeezer View Post
I recently purchased my convert from the original owner who presented it as having no issues. After a heavy rain I heard the liquid sloshing sound I see mentioned in other posts.
Turned out it was an inch or so of water in the rear driver side footwell. Everywhere else is dry as a bone, the best I can tell.
I thought I may have had left the window down a little, but it happened again last night. A closer look showed me that the area had been previously wet.
So, I'm keeping a couple of sponges in the foot well to soak up the h2o :(
Found a couple YT videos of the same problem.
I'm going to try to check the bag and drainage system this weekend.
I had a '12 2LT Convertible with the same issue and it turned out to be a seal inside the door by the back. Look closely at the plastic molding down there, on mine you could see the water tracks. They installed a new door seal under warranty and I never had this issue again.
Tune by DynoSteve via SCTx4 Tuner

One of 82 GF Ragtops built in '15 out of 811 Total

[/SIZE]

theragtopguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 01:59 AM   #25
Motogeezer

Drives: 45th Anniversary SS
Thanks RTG!

Funny, I was looking at the rubber seals today, and I did find one that looks like it's overlapping wrong and trapping water rather than shedding it.
I'm going to check it out more closely this coming Saturday
Motogeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 03:47 AM   #26
flying-banana

Drives: 2012 SS Convertible
Does any one know the part number for the water management bag?

Mine is cracked, so rain goes straight into the trunk (as well as the footwells)

Or any recommendations where to get one, I would need it shipped to the UK
flying-banana is offline   Reply With Quote