Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 06-24-2012, 09:19 AM   #155
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Hey, can we not turn Baylor's thread into a B!+ch fest??? That's happened too many times to other threads and it kinda ruins it for the person who's excited about going FI on their car.
AGREED!!
Old 06-24-2012, 12:35 PM   #156
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Maybe the car will push better numbers in lower temperatures? I have to agree...I figured 8 - 10psi would get to the 400rwhp mark, but then again at 370 your at 450 or so crank HP which is awesome lol.

The IPF LLT dyno showed 391rwhp and 320TQ which is fantastic, but I also want to point out that the base dyno, which I believe was done on a nearly stock LLT was (from my memory) 15 or more HP higher than we normally see from a stock car, so whether or not that translated to a higher reading for the SC'd run....I don't know. Not knocking IPF as I think they have a good product...just stating the facts here.
Old 06-24-2012, 12:46 PM   #157
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Thanks Gretchen and Can't C Me, people that are doubters need to meet Tracy in person. The guy is an absolute genius and has done sooo much for our cars, which is one of the reasons I went with an RX system, I want to support him and his shop. On top of that hey buys A LOT of the competitors products and reverse engineers them to learn more and improve upon his products. For instance, he probably has over a dozen different brands of catch cans that he was showing me, several of them are cut open and you can see the designs. SOME of them are nothing more than a coke can, it's really pathetic.

Anyways, that's all I'll say about that. Lets try and keep this thread civilized, I didn't create it to start a pissing match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Maybe the car will push better numbers in lower temperatures? I have to agree...I figured 8 - 10psi would get to the 400rwhp mark, but then again at 370 your at 450 or so crank HP which is awesome lol.
Also I had my car dynoed on the same dyno and about the same temp (actually a couple degrees cooler), this was when I had full exhaust (LT headers, high flow cats, mrt V1) and everything else stock at it came in at like 250ish rwhp. Which is a bit lower than what you would expect. So I feel like this dyno reads a bit low.

Yesterday the temp was between 97-101, so not so good of weather, although I was running the super chiller.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 01:14 PM   #158
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
Thanks Gretchen and Can't C Me, people that are doubters need to meet Tracy in person. The guy is an absolute genius and has done sooo much for our cars, which is one of the reasons I went with an RX system, I want to support him and his shop. On top of that hey buys A LOT of the competitors products and reverse engineers them to learn more and improve upon his products. For instance, he probably has over a dozen different brands of catch cans that he was showing me, several of them are cut open and you can see the designs. SOME of them are nothing more than a coke can, it's really pathetic.

Anyways, that's all I'll say about that. Lets try and keep this thread civilized, I didn't create it to start a pissing match.

Also I had my car dynoed on the same dyno and about the same temp (actually a couple degrees cooler), this was when I had full exhaust (LT headers, high flow cats, mrt V1) and everything else stock at it came in at like 250ish rwhp. Which is a bit lower than what you would expect. So I feel like this dyno reads a bit low.

Yesterday the temp was between 97-101, so not so good of weather, although I was running the super chiller.
Okay, now I get it. Forgot you had gotten the chiller, too. I've been scratching my head how you could be making more boost than what the new pully was supposed to get you, but it is because you are consendesing really hot air. We are seeing the same thing. When we don't use the 50/50 meth/water we get the 8 psi we expect (we are just running spring pressure right now). When we spray the coctail it goes up to 8.5 go 9.0. Your IAT is much lower than I can acheive through spraying so you are seeing a bigger difference.

Sometimes I just dense. Should have been the first thing I asked you when I saw your boost numbers.

This is good for you though. That means you are already running on very cold air and the PE adjustment is much safer for you!
Old 06-24-2012, 02:48 PM   #159
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Okay, now I get it. Forgot you had gotten the chiller, too. I've been scratching my head how you could be making more boost than what the new pully was supposed to get you, but it is because you are consendesing really hot air. We are seeing the same thing. When we don't use the 50/50 meth/water we get the 8 psi we expect (we are just running spring pressure right now). When we spray the coctail it goes up to 8.5 go 9.0. Your IAT is much lower than I can acheive through spraying so you are seeing a bigger difference.

Sometimes I just dense. Should have been the first thing I asked you when I saw your boost numbers.

This is good for you though. That means you are already running on very cold air and the PE adjustment is much safer for you!
hahaha tbh I didn't even think anything of the super chiller, but now that you mention it, that makes more sense. I'm data logging and tuning the car with the chiller on. However whats the difference going to be when I run with the chiller off, but obviously still on the same tune? I know I won't make more boost, but I figure I'd be more likely to run rich, yeah?
Old 06-24-2012, 03:15 PM   #160
Pierce34

Drives: 2010 2LT 6Spd
Was the 370 rwhp dyno run at 10 psi of boost? Or did that tune come in after the dyno?
Old 06-24-2012, 03:50 PM   #161
ASH@IPF-TUNING

Drives: 4x4 Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
.... The IPF LLT dyno showed 391rwhp and 320TQ which is fantastic, but I also want to point out that the base dyno, which I believe was done on a nearly stock LLT was (from my memory) 15 or more HP higher than we normally see from a stock car, so whether or not that translated to a higher reading for the SC'd run....I don't know. Not knocking IPF as I think they have a good product...just stating the facts here.
Hello !

the basic run with our silver LLT Camaro did min 250 dynoruns during the softwaredevelopment with 260RWP +/- 5 rwp measured so the total wheel and gearbox loss was 45PS to the crank whitch is OK for an AT gearbox , all SC dynoruns 391rwhp and 320TQ were done with 91Octane USA = 95Okt EUROPE Arizona pump fuel !

With better fuel quality 93Octane USA = 98Okt EUROPE life would be much easier for Tuning development !!!

Just for Info ... here in Germany we get 102Okt fuel direct nearly at every Pumpstation for 1.75EUR per Liter = 9 $ per Gallone very good for power , but bad for your wallet !!

greets ASH@IPF-TUNING
ASH@IPF-TUNING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 03:56 PM   #162
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierce34 View Post
Was the 370 rwhp dyno run at 10 psi of boost? Or did that tune come in after the dyno?
Well like I said I get the most up-to-date tune when the shop was closing so I didn't get a chance to dyno that. I'm now getting around 10-11 psi of boost (while chiller on). With the previous tune I was at around 9 psi of boost and got 360 rwhp. That's why I'm saying it should be 370+
Old 06-24-2012, 04:39 PM   #163
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
hahaha tbh I didn't even think anything of the super chiller, but now that you mention it, that makes more sense. I'm data logging and tuning the car with the chiller on. However whats the difference going to be when I run with the chiller off, but obviously still on the same tune? I know I won't make more boost, but I figure I'd be more likely to run rich, yeah?
Yeah, you'll have less boost and less power. You may be a bit rich, but I don't think it would be enough to foul the plugs (just a guess though).
Old 06-24-2012, 05:25 PM   #164
Missionboi
SoCal HT5 [COTW: 8/12/13]

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE RS
I see a lot of posts about Tracy being and great guy... I agree 100% he is the best vendor I have talked to and is the most helpful/knowledgable about what he does. I was bummed when I was told that my credit card will not be able to go through because they don't accept from that company, but Tracy worked his magic and did his best to help me out and pulled it off! I was excited when I found out that I can purchase my supercharger he just goes beyond and much further for the best service possible, if I could drive down there I would definitely go to see him and see what he loves best.. Performance cars and products thanks Tracy very much and can't wait to have the supercharger come up on my door step to drop my car off the same day and get it ready to make some serious power
Missionboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 06:31 PM   #165
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Lmao damn RX SC kits are flying out the doors fast. Congrats Missi., can't wait to see your build thread also. And post your video's and picture in the FI video & picture thread also.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
Old 06-24-2012, 09:10 PM   #166
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Also, his daughters drive vehicles that are way faster than what any of us have.. So it's in his blood
Old 06-24-2012, 09:25 PM   #167
blackTT600

Drives: 2011 2LT M6 SC
Quote:
Also, his daughters drive vehicles that are way faster than what any of us have.. So it's in his blood
she is a professional drag racer. And if Im not mistaken Tracy builds all her race cars.
blackTT600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 09:26 PM   #168
blackTT600

Drives: 2011 2LT M6 SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
Lmao damn RX SC kits are flying out the doors fast. Congrats Missi., can't wait to see your build thread also. And post your video's and picture in the FI video & picture thread also.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
you said it! hopefully I'll be one of the next TTs out on the street.
blackTT600 is offline   Reply With Quote