Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 04-06-2014, 07:57 PM   #785
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuiquen View Post
Which one would u recommend best? And these two would just mask it mainly? I will try simple green and see what happens.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
They're very similar. Poorboys is much cheaper. And yes, both will do nothing to fix the problem only to mask it temporarily.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Old 04-06-2014, 07:58 PM   #786
Wuiquen

Drives: 2018 Hot Red ZL1
Ok. Will try to fix it and see what happens. I might give these products a shot for my matte black vinyls. And maybe my side skirts/splitter.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Old 04-06-2014, 08:17 PM   #787
13lstuner

Drives: 2013 2LS BLK
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
You can try some vinegar and water, maybe some diluted apc.

My guess is you'll be replacing them though. Once vinyl is damaged, it's done. That's why I don't have any on my car.

I agree. I LOVE the 1le and everything about it, but i don't know if I could keep the matte hood. For the reason you stated as well as I love how shinny my hood is after my car is washed
Old 04-06-2014, 08:21 PM   #788
CamaroDreams07

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13lstuner View Post
I agree. I LOVE the 1le and everything about it, but i don't know if I could keep the matte hood. For the reason you stated as well as I love how shinny my hood is after my car is washed
Completely agree. If I was fortunate enough to have a 1LE my first mod would be to rip off that hideous wrap. From a maintenance standpoint it would be a nightmare. I also don't care for the look.

Old 04-06-2014, 08:51 PM   #789
13lstuner

Quote:
Completely agree. If I was fortunate enough to have a 1LE my first mod would be to rip off that hideous wrap. From a maintenance standpoint it would be a nightmare. I also don't care for the look.

Now I do have to say on SOME particular cars I do like the hash marks depending on their color scheme. I even considered some dark red ones for my car, but couldn't justify breaking up my completely black car lol.
Old 04-06-2014, 08:58 PM   #790
13lstuner

Also a quick question CD. My very first microfiber maddness crazy pile I think is about shot... I bought one originally and used the shit out of it for everything, glaze, sealant, wax removal. As well as rinse less washes. I now have two more(I am about to try out those towels from the rag company). I started noticing little fibers on my car and I thought it must've been fibers from bath towels that were in the dryer before my detailing towels, but I think this towel is just at the end of it's ropes. Have you noticed in yours that little fibers started falling out? Have you also noticed this with a dry me crazy towel yet? I have one but obviously it doesn't get used nearly as much. Do you just downgrade the towel to a interior towel after it starts doing this or just chunk it?

Edit: it still feels really soft it is just leaving fibers behind that are really annoying.
Old 04-06-2014, 09:00 PM   #791
CamaroDreams07

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13lstuner View Post
Also a quick question CD. My very first microfiber maddness crazy pile I think is about shot... I bought one originally and used the shit out of it for everything, glaze, sealant, wax removal. As well as rinse less washes. I now have two more(I am about to try out those towels from the rag company). I started noticing little fibers on my car and I thought it must've been fibers from bath towels that were in the dryer before my detailing towels, but I think this towel is just at the end of it's ropes. Have you noticed in yours that little fibers started falling out? Have you also noticed this with a dry me crazy towel yet? I have one but obviously it doesn't get used nearly as much. Do you just downgrade the towel to a interior towel after it starts doing this or just chunk it?
None of mine have shown any signs of failing.

But as a rule I'll downgrade towels to wheel duty or interior when necessary

Old 04-06-2014, 09:03 PM   #792
13lstuner

Quote:
None of mine have shown any signs of failing.

But as a rule I'll downgrade towels to wheel duty or interior when necessary

This towel was used for probably a month(before the purchase of two more of these towels) and removed wax, seal, glaze on my car and my girls car(minus glaze) and then was used for probably 4-5 rinse less washed and has since been used for probably 5-10 washes, and two more detail jobs. It was washed after every wash and detail job. Have any of your towels seen that much use?
Old 04-06-2014, 09:04 PM   #793
CamaroDreams07

All of them

Old 04-06-2014, 09:54 PM   #794
13lstuner

Well shit it must be fibers from something else then lol.
Old 04-06-2014, 10:27 PM   #795
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Maguires makes a very good cleaner and protection product. Leaves the finish without any added sheen. M39 and M40.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 11:10 PM   #796
13lstuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
Maguires makes a very good cleaner and protection product. Leaves the finish without any added sheen. M39 and M40.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
I love a lot of meguires products. Their microfiber cutting pads, there gold class carnauba is great for every vehicle besides show cars or people as anal as me, spray wax and car wash are decent, LOVE 105/205 compound and polish, their ultimate compound and ultimate polish are a viable over the counter option for beginners, their glass cleaner is great and cheap, and I love their "hyperdressing". I got turned onto this stuff by Seth from nightshades/SSTG . It's $17 for a gallon and I dilute it 5:1 for a water based tire dressing, and 3:1-2:1 for engine detail and it's great.

A lot of people give meguires shit for having commercially avaliable products and assume they are garbage, but they are simply the misinformed.
Old 04-07-2014, 10:20 AM   #797
batman53201
Account not blocked

Drives: The Batmobile
I have a question for you experts. Seems like my black car came with swirls. Im figuring that the dealer washed it for me. Anyway, when I wax my car, will using a buffer increase swirls over hand buffing? Or are swirls just caused by the washing process?

I use the 2 bucket wash method.
Old 04-07-2014, 10:44 AM   #798
13lstuner

Machine application of wax and sealant won't cause swirls if done with the right pad and done properly.

Myself personally I just hand apply and remove. The scratch from one piece of grit will be much much more significant from a machine than it would from a hand or foam applicator.

But many people do it by machine with no problems. I also have a bias towards loving to work on my car.