Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 07-02-2011, 03:31 PM   #43
RangerMan
"Camaro Style"

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS A6 & 2018 ZL1
I was gonna get the 1SS, but when I realized there were several other options in the 2SS, I couldn't help but realize that I would be missing out on these options. And the fact of knowing that for the extra $50 - $75 more it would cost per month is really not that much. And then, by the time it is paid off, you will be like, "man I am glad i went with the 2SS!!! Heated seats, Bluetooth, HUD, leather seats, gauge pack, ambient lights, steering wheel controls, it is all worth it!!!
Old 07-02-2011, 03:47 PM   #44
cam62

Drives: 2012 IBM Vert 2SS/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by panther2469 View Post
Its only on the upper door inserts

Ok. Yup.. I took a close look today and there is no led pipe in those other areas. I Like the looks of the ambient lighting in that photo.. I wonder if that was a concept photo or something.
cam62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 07:25 PM   #45
sschevybear11

Drives: 2011 Black 1SS
I'm a minimalist and don't care for leather so a 1SS with conv and elec package fit me nice. Being a drag racer I want more go by way of less weight and the car seems loaded to me anyway.
Now: Coated Dynatech LT's/!Cats/Hurst Shifter/Roto-fab/SLP SS badges/JRE 415HP Tune, Scoop & Washer Relocation Bottle,Hurst Stunner 20X9 Wheels, Moroso Catch Can, ASP pulley, Magnaflow X-pipe, GTO remote clutch reservoir
1989 Silver 5.0 Mustang LX Coupe
1999 Pewter Tahoe LT
2011 Blue Camry SE
sschevybear11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 08:58 PM   #46
Augie1978

Drives: 2011 2SS RS Vert
I bought a 1SS/RS first time around, but put the order in October, 2008, sight unseen. Didnt realize at the time how much I would get into this car enjoyment wise. Traded for a vert this spring and got exaclty what I wanted this time around.
Old 07-02-2011, 09:38 PM   #47
Stex

Drives: 67 goat, 69 goat ram air III
http://pictures.funnyforum.org/2010/...like-a-granny/
Stex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 12:57 PM   #48
kiteman

Drives: 2012 45th Camaro, 2SS/M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix View Post
Im a bit OCD about this. Its either top or the line or nothing cos I wont sleep thinking that I cud of got something better. I know thats shallow to some degree but I wud just keep kicking myself why didnt I get the 2ss/rs. Mind you im not getting the sun roof or the gfx package cos im not digging the looks (sunroof) and looks and price (gfx). As for the 21" wheel. Outrageous $$$. Easy pick up on ebay for half the costs and more choice.

So 2ss/rs is for me. But if you do the maths, its a really good deal. No point in doing it yourself aftermarlet cos it will cost you more.
i agree, all or nothing. most people, even if you don't think you want a heated seat, will one day say, "hrmm, would be nice" when the weather in las vegas suddenly dips to 25 degrees.

i really like the 21" rims, but they are monumentally expensive.
kiteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 01:08 PM   #49
hollandtwin27SS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS VR/w pw stripes
Get the 1SS w RS and add leather. Katskinz leather is what I had added to the it's awesome all the other stuff is just more than I wanted. The iPhone allows u to talk thru the system anyway I have stereo controls on the wheel. Power seats and the RS package is what I have. Everything but premium audio HUD and Bluetooth is what I have on my 1SS. Luxury enough for me
ETMC Stage 3 with Stage 2 Blower cam,Valve Spring upgrade to Dual Valve Springs,lifters,pushrods, BFE 1 7/8 headers to 3" pipe non catted, Corsa Exhaust, PP Throttle Body,RotoFab CAI,Elite Engineering Catch Can,Pfadt springs, sways, lower control arms, Hotchkis Maxx Brace.474RWHP. Hendrix Twin Carbon Clutch Kit, One piece aluminum DriveShaft.
hollandtwin27SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:16 PM   #50
Tiny Adams

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollandtwin27SS View Post
Get the 1SS w RS and add leather. Katskinz leather is what I had added to the it's awesome all the other stuff is just more than I wanted. The iPhone allows u to talk thru the system anyway I have stereo controls on the wheel. Power seats and the RS package is what I have. Everything but premium audio HUD and Bluetooth is what I have on my 1SS. Luxury enough for me
With any luck I will have added 2 more cylinders of fun this weeknd! I'll post pics.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:28 PM   #51
Nessal

Drives: Exige, Miata, Ghia
Sheesh talk about necro post!
Nessal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:54 PM   #52
JoshBobGuptaMarley
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: '12 2SS/RS LS3 GBA
2012 2ss has rear view camera, HUD, leather, ambient lighting, Boston speakers, connectivity package (USB port) and heated seats. All is standard with 2ss and 2lt. The only options left would be cosmetic or the hurst shifter, sunroof and of course the rs package.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:52 PM   #53
iHasCamaro

Drives: Silver 2012 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshBobGuptaMarley View Post
2012 2ss has rear view camera, HUD, leather, ambient lighting, Boston speakers, connectivity package (USB port) and heated seats. All is standard with 2ss and 2lt. The only options left would be cosmetic or the hurst shifter, sunroof and of course the rs package.
For 2012 the 1SS has leather-wrapped steering wheel, leather dash inlay, and leather-wrapped Hurst shifter stock.

I personally didn't see the value in spending $40K+ for a Chevrolet w/ the 2SS/RS package. For that money, I could have just gotten an Evo X MR. It's pretty easy to get an Evo up to Camaro SS power/weight ratio, but the Camaro will never be faster on Oregon roads than an Evo. On a smooth dry racing surface probably, but anywhere else forget about it (especially when the weather/traction start to go away).

The only thing I didn't like w/ the 1SS package was the lack of PDM, which I already ordered, along with trailing arms, toe links, 1-4 skip shift eliminator, and splash guards. Other than that, I don't think it needs anything else to be an adequate pony car.

Cloth seats are actually grippier in the corners than leather, and don't hold a temperature. The 1SS seats are both electrically adjustable which is more creature-comfort than I really care about. I would much rather have the manually-adjustable Recaros in an Evo X.

The stock halogen headlights suck, but I put some Sylvania SilverStar Ultras in there and they are fine now. I could have added HID's if I wanted.

As for the rest, the aftermarket is going to offer you way better parts than GM at the same price point, and you get more choices. For example, for just under $1K you could get some nice Sparco seats w/ way more support than any Camaro seat: http://www.sparcousa.com/pseats_street.asp?id=645

Stereo stuff? sky is the limit. Mood lighting? I don't care if GM put it in, it's pure rice from 15 years ago.
iHasCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 09:26 PM   #54
mikewho

Drives: 2014 camaro ss
I put halos in my car it was 400$ bucks total.. if u want heated seats and gadgets should have got a cadillac they have all the cool gadgets
Attached Images

mikewho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 10:44 AM   #55
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
You could have selected a more recent discussion on this topic. My heated Recaro's were awesome this past winter. HUD is an awesome gadget also!