Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 06-04-2013, 04:08 PM   #841
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW

Drives: 1968 Camaro & 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronix View Post
I think you misunderstood Pierre, I have to pick one of the Corbeau seats, but I think I found one that resembles what you're talking about...Take a look, and tell me what you think.

Kurt I agree, the boards were so nice that I couldn't decide on which vendor to get it from so I got both! They're 2 different materials and have different structures for stands, so I'll be able to use them both.

And that was a damn good idea about getting ZLX embroidered on the top! I'm definitely going to go for that, and since they'll be shipped to me, I can just find an embroidery shop and take the seats to them!

So after a weekend of deliberating and going back and forth, here's the Corbeau seat I picked, the LG1

Of course the seats are in stock, but I have to wait 4-6 weeks because the seat bracket isn't in stock for the Camaro So I won't have them for the GM National show, oh well their loss on exposure!

My Granatelli Slotted & drilled rotors & Hawk HPS pads should be in any day, then it's off to Tune Time for install, powder coating of the calipers, (Kurt I think you'll like the color I chose ), new tune for more power since we have 94 octane here on the east coast + my Torco Accelerator puts me at 100 octane, so a few degrees of timing=More Power Like I need that! And a few more undisclosed goodies! I picked up the rear interior deck lid yesterday from the painter and they did an awesome job, pics sometime today.

Man, One of my ideas on the infamous ZLX ??

I can't wait until I get to see it...."Ya gotta love it when a plan comes together"....

Thanks John. You just made my week!!....

Kurt ABL99...

Last edited by aquablueL99; 06-04-2013 at 07:02 PM.
aquablueL99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:02 PM   #842
Kronix
NJ/SoCal HT5 COTW 3/25/12

Drives: 2015 Z06/14 C7/08 Z06/07 Tahoe Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablueL99 View Post
Man, One of my ideas on the infamous ZLX ??

I can't wait until I get to see it...."Ya gotta love it when a plan comes together"....

Thanks John. You just made my week!!....

Kurt ABL99...

No Kurt, THANK YOU!!!

Built by Late Model Racecraft
Fastest C7 in Tri-State 10.13 @ 134mph
7/26/14 Corvette Challenge Raceway Park, E-Town, NJ
Kronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:07 PM   #843
Kronix

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierre777 View Post
i was going to tell you i like that one ,it's the best looking between them.

Great mind think alike my friend!!!

Got a bunch of packages today, APR Carbon Fiber Splitter with support rods, Black Billet Cup Holder Kit, Black Billet Battery Terminal cover, Black Billet Door lock kit, Matte Black Drivers side Hash Marks....Now just waiting on my drilled & slotted Granatelli Extreme performance rotors & Hawk HPS and it's off to the shop!!

Got a car trailer for the GM Nationals, so the ZLX will be riding first class....I feel like a race team

Old 06-06-2013, 12:20 AM   #844
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012

Drives: Cyber Bullet
Send a message via Skype™ to pierre777
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronix View Post
Great mind think alike my friend!!!

Got a bunch of packages today, APR Carbon Fiber Splitter with support rods, Black Billet Cup Holder Kit, Black Billet Battery Terminal cover, Black Billet Door lock kit, Matte Black Drivers side Hash Marks....Now just waiting on my drilled & slotted Granatelli Extreme performance rotors & Hawk HPS and it's off to the shop!!

Got a car trailer for the GM Nationals, so the ZLX will be riding first class....I feel like a race team
Sounds like someone is gonna kick ass at the GM Nationals , have a gut feeling you're coming back with first prize
Old 06-06-2013, 05:03 PM   #845
Kronix

Quote:
Sounds like someone is gonna kick ass at the GM Nationals , have a gut feeling you're coming back with first prize

I got more tricks up my sleeve Pierre!!

Just saw these made for me by my man Roger @ EmblemPros for my new rear deck lid cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonZ28 View Post
How does this look John?

So the Hoe has been feeling neglected from everything the ZLX is getting, so I had to get it a matching cargo deck cover in metal diamond plate.

Stay tuned cause a lots going to happen quick in the next 2 weeks!!! And yes, I am crazy!!!
Attached Images

Old 06-06-2013, 08:52 PM   #846
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW

Man, Those ZLX badges are "crazy cool". What an addition....

Sorry Hoe...can't get past my favorite.....

Kurt ABL99...
Old 06-06-2013, 09:13 PM   #847
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW

Wow John...Nice call for Tim...That simply could not have been better said my friend....

I have a good feeling about not only Tim's situation, but the fishing tournament in the name of your "Brother" Tim...He would be so proud of you...Heck I am too....

Kurt ABL99...
Old 06-06-2013, 09:31 PM   #848
Kronix

Quote:
Man, Those ZLX badges are "crazy cool". What an addition....

Sorry Hoe...can't get past my favorite.....

Kurt ABL99...
Granted it was my idea, I have to give the credit to Roger at EmblemPros, he's an awesome guy, and never gets frustrated no matter how many changes I put him through, and I just love doing business with him. He runs the kind of company that deserves to be supported!

Quote:
Wow John...Nice call for Tim...That simply could not have been better said my friend....

I have a good feeling about not only Tim's situation, but the fishing tournament in the name of your "Brother" Tim...He would be so proud of you...Heck I am too....

Kurt ABL99...
Well like I said Kurt, I learned from the best, you helped me get out of a very dark, deep hole, and I owe you for that.

Regarding Timmy's benefit fishing tournament, it was something his girlfriend and I had discussed once we were both in a better state of mind, and now that I'm home I've been able to band out a poster, start to seek donators and really get the ball rolling and it's totally changed her & my mentality. I feel as if I owe it to him to do it and do it for many years to come. We grew up on the small island town of Atlantic City, where everyone knew every one, and he was always one of the best fisherman in town, so I know he would be proud. He's right by my side as I have some of his ashes in a nice little urn, and I use that for strength, to talk to him, to take him for a ride....it helps a little.

Old 06-07-2013, 07:29 AM   #849
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012

Drives: Cyber Bullet
Send a message via Skype™ to pierre777
Wooooooooooow J , THOSE LOOK KILLER BRO ,don't forget to post pics of them installed .
Old 06-07-2013, 11:59 AM   #850
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Watching the development of both vehicles is a real pleasure.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 01:14 PM   #851
Kronix

Quote:
Wooooooooooow J , THOSE LOOK KILLER BRO ,don't forget to post pics of them installed .
Thanks P, I love working with Roger from EmblemPros because he never gets frustrated no matter how many changes I put him through, and he always seems to just nail it when I describe what it is I want. Plus he's a top notch guy, making top notch products!

They'll be plenty of pics coming, a lot of stuff to install & I thought I was done

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Watching the development of both vehicles is a real pleasure.
Thanks Pete, and it's always a pleasure knowing that I have the BEST in suspension, and you're always just a phone call away to answer a question!

My Dash Plaques showed up the other day, but I think I may have a unique mounting location for them
Attached Images

Old 06-09-2013, 04:40 PM   #852
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN

Drives: PSHHH UWISH
Well spill the beans on the mounting location John???????????????????????????????????
Old 06-09-2013, 06:52 PM   #853
Kronix

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED DEMON SS View Post
Well spill the beans on the mounting location John???????????????????????????????????
Did I Tim? Because I referred to them as "dash plaques"? Not so fast amigo

Old 06-18-2013, 12:28 AM   #854
Kronix

Been busy, busy, busy trying to get ready for the GM Nationals.

Here's the official directory for the Nationals and if you check out page 16-17, you can see the 30 or so cars that will be on display in Building T, and there's the ZLX right up there with World Champion racer Bobby Allison's winning NASCAR! I'm deeply honored to have been selected to appear indoors out of the 1000s of cars that will be at the show

http://www.carlisleevents.com/pdf/20...-Nationals.pdf

So much work, so little time!

I ditched the AAC Concept mirrors months ago, and just got in the Showstopper ghosted LED mirrors. Hands down 1000% better product! Flawless paint job and easy install. Pete @ Showstoppers hooked me up with the goods, he's a great guy to deal with!

Also the ACS Composites Rear Deck Lid is installed, sorry for the bad pic, you probably can't even tell what the hell it is! But I got painted a House of Colors Piano Black with blue sliver metallic flake. Better pic in the next day or so, but it really makes the open trunk just POP with the 2 LEDs at the top coupled with my blue LED trunk lighting, and the plans I have for it It'll be very unique!

One of the 2 show signs I got. This one is metal and comes with a nice black aluminum easel, top quality stuff! Guess I should've wiped my fingerprints off.

A lot of pics are going to be coming real soon

To be installed:
APR Carbon Fiber Splitter
ZL1 Rock Guards to even out the existing set
Black Billet Door Lock Bezel & Pins
Black Billet Cup Holder kit with inserts
Black Billet Reverse Light Surrounds
Cipher Auto Harness/Roll Bar & Harnesses

And I got my new Pyrotech helmet with blue mirror shield for the track days, my old helmet was white....had to upgrade to matte black

Stay tuned!
Attached Images

Last edited by Kronix; 06-18-2013 at 01:05 AM.

Tags
car of the week, cunningham motorsports, magnuson supercharger, pedders, zlx