Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 09-05-2009, 02:57 AM   #1
Sol

Drives: Yellow 2010 Camaro SS
Getting a fabricated turbo kit...*needs ideas*

Well I spent some big money just then on a fabricated turbo kit here in Houston (League City) through PSI Motorsports. Should be done in two weeks. I'm really looking forward. Any ideas...on what I should tweak to improve performance/handling/etc.

Last edited by Sol; 09-05-2009 at 03:13 AM.
Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 10:19 PM   #2
Jchaluja

Drives: ZL1 Camaro
is it manual or automatic?
Jchaluja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 10:31 PM   #3
Sol

automatic
Old 09-23-2009, 03:28 AM   #4
PatrickfromMD

Drives: Buick Enclave/Corvette/2010 Camaro
Hmmmmm, well since I have an auto car, and would have loved to do turbos, ……..

1) For better all around driving characteristics
I good HP tuners (or similar) tune to the tranny

2) For the ultimate launch under boost
(especially if you want to run the ¼ mile) a 3 disk Vigilante converter (personally I would not go to the 3200-3600 route many of the hard core street racers do, but stay more the 2600-2800 stall route) http://www.converter.com/vigilante.htm

3) Lastly, to add an additional 100 hp (on a FI car), a good cam that works with the VVT (but deletes the AFM). Not allot of selection out there, but they are starting to show up. I personally like the VVT ability to have a wide torque band, which will be helpful in a turbo car. As for the AFM, I had wanted to retain it, but it limits your cam profile even more, and it’s the week link keeping you from turning any RPMS. Plus with any sort of exhaust, its drivers you NUTS on the highway!

4) When its time for a rebuild, maybe a 408 stroker kit. Get yourself a forged bottom end, and some custom 9/1 pistons with big reliefs so you can do a more aggressive VVT setup. (75-150 more hp due to more cubes, more boost, better optimized cam profile with the relieved pistons) if it can hook up, you have yourself a 10 sec car now

Optional- cooler underhood temps and cold air to the turbos. Not sure of your particular setup, but turbos make heat, find a way to route some of that heat out, and route cold air to the turbos.On my wish list is a ram air hood with different adaptors to the various FI kits out there, and vents to help get the hot air out..

If I were still single, and had more play money this is what I’d be doing.

As for handeling,
a. sway bars and 315s in the rear, 285s in the front (20x11 and 20 x 9.5 resp).
b. bushings (several places)
b. coilovers and lowering

***56K miles and still going strong***
2SS/RS IOM ext w/cyber grey stripes, tinted windows, IO int Auto
ProTorque prototype Converter, Chuck Mosello of Westchester Corvettes Custom Tune
T&T installed SLP Longtubes, Powerflow X Pipe, and Powerflow axle back
JL 10W3 in custom side sub box, new door tweeters, Alpine 5ch 600 watt
T&T configured ACS front Fascia w/ heritage grill, splitter, dual color halos, , led markers, taillight bezels , all accented in CGM
Gary Custom Z vented fenders. Vararam ver 2
PatrickfromMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 10:41 PM   #5
Sol

Thanks bro. I get off from offshore next monday, I should be picking it up soon to have fun with it.