Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions

Old 11-30-2012, 07:30 PM   #1
Renegade
Banned

Drives: Camaro SS Edition
Send a message via AIM to Renegade Send a message via MSN to Renegade Send a message via Yahoo to Renegade Send a message via Skype™ to Renegade
Is Anyone Tired Of The Same Old Boring Grey Layout

On here? How about we see some themes and an update in the emotions for 2013? I know this is the standard layout for sites like these before Myspace or Facebook existed. It's all alittle bit of our site just as it is the owners. Because if we didn't bother posting they'd be no need for paid advertisements right? So if you'd like to see a change or upgrade in the site let us know now or forever remain silent.
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:32 PM   #2
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
I say update away!!!!

Edit:

Holy crap!!!! I beat Joe for once!!!!!
Old 11-30-2012, 09:12 PM   #3
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
On here? How about we see some themes and an update in the emotions for 2013?
You want updated emotions??? YOU CAN'T HANDLE UPDATED EMOTIONS!!! WHO THE @#$% DO YOU THINK YOU ARE!?!?

J/K .....

I never really thought about a layout change, if it works, why mess with it?
Old 11-30-2012, 09:18 PM   #4
Renegade
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Renegade Send a message via MSN to Renegade Send a message via Yahoo to Renegade Send a message via Skype™ to Renegade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Twisty View Post
You want updated emotions??? YOU CAN'T HANDLE UPDATED EMOTIONS!!! WHO THE @#$% DO YOU THINK YOU ARE!?!?

J/K .....

I never really thought about a layout change, if it works, why mess with it?
It would be nice to have an option to activate it just like you have a choice to do it with images and sigs.

Your on the list to get left behind. lol Jk
Old 11-30-2012, 11:03 PM   #5
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Personally, I don't mind the layout/colour scheme, the black & grey is simple & easy to read. But it could be updated. Any update is barely going to be more than skin deep. It is a v-bulletin forum, and as such it will remain looking more or less like every other v-bulletin forum put there. Likewise, the search will continue to suck until v-bulletin makes it better.

There is a thread around here with suggestions for new emoticons (I forget what its titled though). Its probably been inactive for more than a year, but has a good number of replies. If there are any that you think should be added, feel free to share them there. Also, with regard to smiles, I'm not sure if you know this or not, but there are a bunch of them available if you click on 'more' underneath the display to the right of the 'advanced post reply' screen.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:44 PM   #6
Renegade
Banned

I appreciate your reply DG. I believe it is possible to change the background, fonts, colors, borders. I done some lay out designing before and if you know what your doing it can be an easy revamp. Just make sure you don't delete anything that will corrupt the html coding and cause errors.

As far as the smileys i doubt it'll be input if i uploaded them on here. They got some pretty cool one that members have posted in the lounge. That hasn't been seen before.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:49 AM   #7
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
I appreciate your reply DG. I believe it is possible to change the background, fonts, colors, borders. I done some lay out designing before and if you know what your doing it can be an easy revamp. Just make sure you don't delete anything that will corrupt the html coding and cause errors.

As far as the smileys i doubt it'll be input if i uploaded them on here. They got some pretty cool one that members have posted in the lounge. That hasn't been seen before.
Oh, yeah of course. But when you mentioned facebook & myspace, I was wondering if you were hoping for a total revamp of the structure/layout of the site. But colours, fonts, sizing, borders, that type of stuff? Thats relatively easy to change (as far as I know at least, I've never seen v-bul code, but I know the basics of programing GUI's)

The smileys, well ... if admin don't know what you want, admin can't add what you want. Not every suggestion gets added, but quite a few have. I have found the suggestion thread. It had somewhat obscure name, and was in off-topic, and been dead for a year and a half). I moved it and renamed it to ... Smiley Suggestion Thread.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:46 PM   #8
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
I want function, not fashion, on every webpage I go to that has text I must read as the primary content
Old 12-02-2012, 06:08 PM   #9
willhe64

Drives: 2012 45th Vert, 2011 4x4, 9sec Vega
Go to your user cp and choose customize profile. You can change the theme any way you like.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:20 PM   #10
ZL-Bee
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I think it's a good layout, but there should be a couple of color options so that you can change it up when you get bored of the gray. Other sites have started to offer different layout color schemes.
ZL-Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:15 AM   #11
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Black and green like my profile page
Old 12-06-2012, 09:18 AM   #12
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
IMO, nothing that will slow the site down. I love how fast this site loads pages. So much better than other forums.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:27 AM   #13
GMTool
MY SS is SOLD

Drives: AGM 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
IMO, nothing that will slow the site down. I love how fast this site loads pages. So much better than other forums.
I agree. Love the quickness of this site.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:28 AM   #14
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
I like the look and feel of this site. I think it's one of the reasons that it's so popular.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote