Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 11-07-2012, 02:37 PM   #15
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
They are available now, no additional mods needed. You can get pullys from Vortech, but the tune would become a custom tune and it would coat addl. I do not feel any need to go beyond what this kit is capable of. It is designed for reliability and ease of use with pleanty of power to be had. Much more and the motors may suffer without supporting internals.
Old 11-07-2012, 02:54 PM   #16
Soiledflame

Drives: 2016 1LT
Thx for reply Sycraft.

Maybe you can also help me here, I asked this question in another IPF thread as stated, A custom tune for cars fitted with headers is currently in development. What is the status of the tune, as I have shorty headers.

V8's can use the same V3 SC, correct? I know a few have upgraded the pulley on their V3.
Soiledflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:11 PM   #17
Ikmv
Deer Whisperer

Drives: 2011 SGM 1LT/RS IPF Supercharged
Send a message via AIM to Ikmv Send a message via Skype™ to Ikmv
The tune is available for headers already.
Ikmv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:18 PM   #18
Soiledflame

Drives: 2016 1LT
Do you have headers Ikmv? You posted pics of your bay but I cant really tell.
Soiledflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:43 PM   #19
ASH@IPF-TUNING

Drives: 4x4 Turbo
Hello !

This Camaro is set with LFX engine ... so NO headers !!

All Camaro - LLT -SC Kits were complete tuned with all sorts of headers ... short .. long ... stock ... all done !

Greets ASH@IPF-TUNING
ASH@IPF-TUNING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:44 PM   #20
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soiledflame View Post
Thx for reply Sycraft.

Maybe you can also help me here, I asked this question in another IPF thread as stated, A custom tune for cars fitted with headers is currently in development. What is the status of the tune, as I have shorty headers.

V8's can use the same V3 SC, correct? I know a few have upgraded the pulley on their V3.
It is the same V3 unit, they do have a tune for headers now. So fuel issues and internals are whats holding it up, you can go big, but be prepared to blow it.....The stock bottom end has not been pushed too hard yet, so actual limits have not been breached. I feel that anything over 500 crank is starting to push it, I am knocking on that door.
Old 11-07-2012, 04:02 PM   #21
ASH@IPF-TUNING

Drives: 4x4 Turbo
Hello !

More BOOST is NOT always MORE power !!

The maximum output power vs boost level It is dependent on the compression ratio and the fuel quality used with the SC conversion !

In the actual setup we are running 9PSI at REV LIMIT at sea level and when i do a pulley change to get 10 11 or 12 PSI we must reduce the ignition advance and the max power output is nearly same because of the very high basic compression ratio of the LLT / LFX engines !

Only with lower compression ratio you can run that high boost 12PSI but then your engine is loosing much power below 4500 RPM so that it will feeling tired !

Greets ASH@IPF-TUNING
ASH@IPF-TUNING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 04:13 PM   #22
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
I agree with the others. with this kit making somewhere between 450 - 500 crank horsepower, you are going to need to do a lot more than a pulley change to be on the safe side.

ASH...I enjoy reading your comments as it really seems you know what you are talking about. I hope to be trying out your IPF tune on my Non-Aspirated Camaro one of these days.
Old 11-07-2012, 04:42 PM   #23
One Sick Camaro
That Cam though...

Drives: 11 Camaro 2SS 02 T/A WS6 15 SSV
i'm starting to lean more and more on this kit. just still unsure to stay na or go fi still lol
Old 11-07-2012, 05:01 PM   #24
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Sick Camaro View Post
i'm starting to lean more and more on this kit. just still unsure to stay na or go fi still lol
Really depends on what you want out of it. If you want power, na will probably never achieve what this supercharger will.

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:29 PM   #25
67 GTO
13.453 @ 101.90

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Rally Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
Really depends on what you want out of it. If you want power, na will probably never achieve what this supercharger will.
True that but something to say about having a bolt on, great performing NA V6.

It's a cheaper way if it meets your need for speed.

GMPP exhaust/JBA shorties/Vararam CAI/VMax TB/SLP Pulley/VMax IM isolator/MACE Ported IM +Plenum Spacer/IPF Tuned
67 GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:50 PM   #26
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
Yes, it's all about what YOU want out of your V6. I wanted the extra HP and was willing to do the mod. The NA camaro is a great car I just wanted something more but not another V8.
Ash is really knowledgeable at these ECUs. I have done engine control for Turbine Engines for almost 30 yrs and he knows his stuff and is great at turning the files around. He is one of the reasons I am delighted with my IPF SC kit. Now if the snow would stop so I can show off his and IPFs handy work First a hurricane and today a Nor easter the Camaro doesn't do well in heavy snow !
Old 11-07-2012, 05:56 PM   #27
Ikmv
Deer Whisperer

Drives: 2011 SGM 1LT/RS IPF Supercharged
Send a message via AIM to Ikmv Send a message via Skype™ to Ikmv
Lol I have a vid of me driving through the nor'easter I just took driving home with T2 ports exposing the air filter of the SC. Had to watch my lead foot but a soon as I had space on a private road lol I had to play with the power and fishtail it a bit. Ran great!
Ikmv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:09 PM   #28
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Yes, it is cheaper but if you crave the power output level of fi, you will never achieve that with na. I mean the most we have right now for na is the MACE cams which even then we have to see what the gains are. Now, the cams would be about 1000 to buy and probably another 1000 in installation because of the complexity of the engine. Also, let's say you get the ported heads from RX, that's another 1200 after the core return and probably add a little for install. Having stated that, you're already 3200 in and who knows what you're getting out of the cams and heads. Also, who knows what the driveability will be at that point if your car is a daily driver. If you get great gains, then good but if they are minimal gains, I'd save the 3200 you're out and put it either towards the supercharger or a nitrous kit if you're interested in the track

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote