Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 12-04-2012, 04:46 AM   #1
scarlett

Drives: 2012 camaro convertible
DIFFERENT WRINKLES

Hi, I am a new owner of a convertible I have been searching your forums for wrinkles on the tops. I see all of the wrinkles going from side to side, as they are made from the top being down. My wrinkles are from front to back. Dealer says they are inherent to this top. Looks to me like the top is not stretched tight enough or too tight is some places. Does anyone have any idea?

Going to the dealers this morning to fight with them. They say there is some kind of bullet out on this. Basically they do not want to do anything about this.
scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:50 AM   #2
Twilborne

Drives: 2013 Blue Ray Blue 2LT
Any pictures?
Twilborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:03 AM   #3
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Is this a used car?
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:25 AM   #4
babytiger
it's hers...

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible
Need some pics? Don't go to the dealer to "fight with them", that I assure you will not get you anywhere.
babytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:48 AM   #5
SSTOKED

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Convertible
Need pics to assist.

What dealer in Maryland?

What month and year was your car built? It's on the gray sticker driver side door.

There is a member on here that has had his top replaced with a GM field engineer at his dealer. So there are dealers that support fixing the top properly.
Complete rebirth 8/27/2012 (new 6/27/2012 revision top installed, new carpet, new tonneau cover and new third brake light)

MODS:
Solo Performance Exhaust: Axle Back with J-Pipes
SSTOKED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:47 AM   #6
pgustavson
Stop writing "vert", ffs!

Drives: 2011 2LT Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlett View Post
Hi, I am a new owner of a convertible I have been searching your forums for wrinkles on the tops. I see all of the wrinkles going from side to side, as they are made from the top being down. My wrinkles are from front to back. Dealer says they are inherent to this top. Looks to me like the top is not stretched tight enough or too tight is some places. Does anyone have any idea?

Going to the dealers this morning to fight with them. They say there is some kind of bullet out on this. Basically they do not want to do anything about this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSTOKED View Post
Need pics to assist.

What dealer in Maryland?
I'm curious about the dealer as well, because I may want to try a different dealer that is more conveniently located for me. But I want to stay away from any PITAs. I've had an OK time with my current dealer handling the top "enhancement" (Bulletin 12052) and top replacement. They had field engineers come in to assist/train their techs while replacing the top on my car, so I think they're trying to be responsive. However, they are subject to the trials that GM puts them through regarding the convertible top problems - just like all of the dealers are. If you're interested in who I've dealt with, send me a PM.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:07 AM   #7
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlett View Post

Please let us know how the service appointment goes. We are here if you have any issues or concerns.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 12-08-2012, 02:51 PM   #8
rubbersoul84

Drives: IO 2012 2SS/RS convertible
Where in MD are you? I've used Bob Bell Chevy in Bel Air and am very pleased with their service. They replaced my top and fixed all the little things with no problems. I didn't even ask for the replacement, just documentation of the marks. They have been great even though I bought the car elsewhere. If it's not too far, you might want to give them a try.
rubbersoul84 is offline   Reply With Quote