Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 12-19-2010, 12:08 AM   #169
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Drives: Orange Krate DOB - 11/22/2010
DOCUMENTATION AND STICKERS WITH ORANGE KRATE

One of the most important things to remember about making your car more valuable should you go to sell it is saving ALL of the documentation. Many of the "show" or "collectible" cars would plummet in value if the original owner/purchaser had throw away the paperwork or documents that were originally issued with the car. Things such as build sheets, decals, window stickers, handbooks etc. Because of the internet and electronic file production and archiving it is fairly easy to document what should have come with the car. However, there is NO replacement for hard copy originals in pristine condition. When I took delivery of Orange Krate I asked that the dealer NOT throw anything away and to leave everything intact for me to collect. This included the WINDOW STICKER which was carefully removed and kept unfolded and flat. All of these documents and stickers will be permanently laminated to protect them. Copies will be made for display purposes. I am going to follow up this post with two additional posts. One is the "Booklets" and the other is the "Stickers".

BELOW IS:
A COPY OF THE ORIGINAL ORANGE KRATE WINDOW STICKER WITH THE STICKY BACKING INTACT.

A COPY OF THE GLOBAL CONNECT VEHICLE SUMMARY
(PDF Format)
Attached Images

Attached Images
File Type: pdf Global Connect - Orange Krate 2011 Compressed.pdf (954.9 KB, 556 views)

Simi Valley, CA
email: orangekrate2011@yahoo.com

Last edited by Orange Krate; 12-20-2010 at 08:45 PM.
Orange Krate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 12:26 AM   #170
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Exclamation Booklets and Documentation

Orange Krate came with, what has been described by other Camaro owners in different threads, the classic "plastic bag" manual holder. I have to agree that for a $40,000 car they could have at least included a faux leatherette or nylon book cover for these valuable documents.

I posted these as a reference, and for those who may buy a new or used Camaro and want to know what should have come with the car. If anyone has additional comments about what I did or did not receive please PM me so I can ask questions of dealer and/or obtain rest of documents etc.

Photos of all documentation below description.

Here is a list of what Orange Krate came with:

1. Camaro Documentation in plastic ziploc bag includes:
  • 2011 Camaro Owners Manual
  • Chevrolet Limited Warranty and Owners Assistance Information boolet
  • XM Radio envelop with details of program

2. Onstar Documentation in plastic ziploc bag includes:
  • Onstar CD ROM Audio Compact Disk
  • Onstar Security Window Sticker
  • Onstar Getting Started booklet
  • Onstar Getting Started Quick Reference Card
  • Onstar Terms and Conditions pamplet
Attached Images

Simi Valley, CA
Old 12-19-2010, 12:41 AM   #171
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Stickers and Tags

Some of the obscure stuff that comes with a vehicle have absolutely NO USE to the owner unless they are a car finatic. In fact, most people take these tidbits out of the car and toss them just as quick as they can. Best advice is to create a folder or book with plastic sheet holders and place these keepsakes along with the maintenance records (NO GREASE PLEASE!) away in a safe temperature and UV ray controlled location.

Orange Krate came with a number of stickers and tags. I have photographed them all as a way to provide a reference for those who may have bought a Camaro (new or used) and do not know what was suppose to come with the car, or were lost prior to their taking ownership of the vehicle.
  • WINDOW STICKER as seen in post above
  • Stock Number on card stock - matches key tags
  • Green Environmental Performance Tag (Calif ARB)
  • Vehicle Airbag Warning Sticker
  • Onstar "ON" sticker
  • California Temp Registraton Window Sticker
Attached Images

Simi Valley, CA

Last edited by Orange Krate; 12-19-2010 at 06:24 PM.
Old 12-19-2010, 01:44 AM   #172
LED Crazy
okcamaros.com

Drives: 2016 SS
I agree they need to have a better item to place things in than a stupid plastic bag. It's cheap wouldn't you say? Btw did you get your Oshawa build sheet? I got one with mine.. I believe that's what it's called.. I have to take a look and supply a picture. Get back to you in 8 hours! lol
LED Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 04:40 AM   #173
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Unique4U View Post
I agree they need to have a better item to place things in than a stupid plastic bag. It's cheap wouldn't you say? Btw did you get your Oshawa build sheet? I got one with mine.. I believe that's what it's called.. I have to take a look and supply a picture. Get back to you in 8 hours! lol
I have it but I need to carefully unstaple and scan the stuff. All the other docs and tags I photographed with my Nikon. I also got something that is of interest... the original dealers invoice copy! I have not seen anyone with this before. As Sgt Schultz use to say on Hogan's Heroes... "I know nothing!!"

Simi Valley, CA
Old 12-19-2010, 06:21 PM   #174
2SS BUMBLBE

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS/L99
ORANGE KRATE...what a great story. I just read the whole thing and was grinning the entire time. What a great early Christmas gift from your wife! I have to tell you, my wife was the impetus for me to buy my Camaro as well. You have inspired me to add to my post some more of the back story on my wife's encouragement. Great tale! Thanks for sharing.
2SS BUMBLBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 06:37 PM   #175
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS BUMBLBE View Post
ORANGE KRATE...what a great story. I just read the whole thing and was grinning the entire time. What a great early Christmas gift from your wife! I have to tell you, my wife was the impetus for me to buy my Camaro as well. You have inspired me to add to my post some more of the back story on my wife's encouragement. Great tale! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for stopping in Bumblbe! I appreciate the comments. As soon as the weather clears up and gets warmer and a bit dryer I plan on taking Orange Krate out with my wife and shooting some good photos of both beauties! So many possibilities and so little time! Come back and visit our journal as I update stories and photos. Cheers to you and yours this holiday season!

Simi Valley, CA
Old 12-20-2010, 05:26 AM   #176
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Mother Nature...

Can sure throw a wrench into all things planned and everything that is weak! Since bringing Orange Krate home I have been able to drive him a whopping 2 days! Whoopee! We continue to have wet weather on tap for the rest of the week. I would sure love to take him out and put some more fun and bright cheery daytime miles on.

What is ahead through Christmas? Rain, rain and more rain. The good news is there is NO snow here where I live (yet). But that does happen about once every blue moon. I am out the door now headed into work (60 miles away) and can't wait to fight LA traffic in this weather. BTW did I say Southern Californians can't drive in the rain? All nutz out there!

Simi Valley, CA
Old 12-20-2010, 10:40 PM   #177
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Post Production Documentation

There are several other pieces of documentation that I will add here. Some I do not have at time of this posting.

1. GM GLOBAL CONNECT - A summary of components and documentation of build including warranty information etc.

2. DEALER INVOICE
(Actual copy)

3. EVENT HISTORY
(Final printout up to owner delivery)
Attached Images

Simi Valley, CA
Old 12-23-2010, 12:49 AM   #178
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Add - License Plate Brackets

Picked up these temporary license plate brackets with plastic insert lexan protectors. Still waiting for my personalized plates. In California I have to wait for the initial issued plates to come to my house then I go to the AAA Club of So Cal and turn in my original plates and pick up my personalized plates which have been waiting for me at AAA for 6 months!! Although I do not really want a front plate, I am not going to have some chickensh@#$t ticket for failure to display! I have professional reasons for that decision. Here is the new adds done up tonight.
Attached Images

Simi Valley, CA
Old 12-23-2010, 12:57 AM   #179
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Lightbulb Custom Orange Krate storage box

Orange Krate - How fortuitous! My work group received a new simulated wooden crate filled with popcorn bags. I dispersed the bags of corn and was able to keep the wooden crate for myself. I have a plan to convert it to a real Orange Krate storage box for my trunk. It will hold minor detailing supplies and carry various items when I go to events. I will post finished photos after first of the year, when I finish this little project. In the meantime here is the original unadulterated Orange Krate!

12/26/10 - Update... I sanded and stained the mini Orange Krate tonight. I will be sanding and spraying more tomorrow.

12/27/10 - Update... Sanded and second coated the clear coat sealer.

12/29/10 - Masked and painted the top center wood slat glossy orange.

Next step is painting "Orange Krate" in matching white script like Schwinn bike!
TOP SCRIPT IS ORIGINAL BIKE SCRIPT
BOTTOM IS MY FREE HAND SCRIPT PAINTING

Still not liking the quality so I sanded off the orange and resprayed. I did another letter job and this time used a little better brush. I need a pinstriping brush and may end up doing this lettering again. It is the first time I have ever lettered anything so... it is what it is. UGH!!! I totally respect pinstripers!

01/12/11 - Final Update
OK I finally finished the detail supplies box to be placed in the trunk and carried to and fro for show and shine events. I will have to put something in the bottom of the wooden Orange Krate to make sure nothing spills in trunk.I think a Camaro Easy Up and chairs is next item to consider. Perhaps a car cover for the garage.
Attached Images

Simi Valley, CA

Last edited by Orange Krate; 01-12-2011 at 10:23 PM.
Old 12-23-2010, 08:34 PM   #180
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

First Decent Day in So Cal in 2 weeks!

I had an opportunity to take Orange Krate to work today. First time in a couple of weeks because of all the rain. He just keeps feeling stronger every trip, His odometer now reads 325 miles. If I could have taken this cell photo about 2 weeks ago with my Nikon it would have been epic because the leaves looked like they were on fire and matched the paint of the car. Orange Krate had a good day and so did I.
Attached Images

Simi Valley, CA

Last edited by Orange Krate; 12-24-2010 at 09:41 AM.
Old 12-26-2010, 03:57 AM   #181
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

First time out with the wife - alone!

It was Christmas Day and my wife and I decided to sneak out of the house given all the usual racket, and take a spin in the freshly detailed Orange Krate. We were gone about 1 hour and made a circuit from home to the San Fernando Valley down to Van Nuys and across on the 101 Freeway north to Thousand Oaks and back home to Simi Valley over Route 23. We had a good time and at first my wife said "she fills a little rough." She was referring to the idle. I told her it was because the car had been sitting, it was cold and the fact is the engine is still tighter then heck! Orange Krate now has about 450 miles on the odometer and after running down the highway for a few minutes the car settled right out and laid down nicely. It is truly a pleasurable car to drive and when you test the accelerator pedal this car really is a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. What a personality! As usual, today there were yet more people trying to egg Orange Krate into a road race!!! What is up with people? Get this... a white custom 2010 Landrover, a 2008 Mustang, and another 2007 BMW... all trying to tempt Orange Krate into wasting fuel and reputation! HA HA Ain't gonna happen. We got home just in time and got Orange Krate tucked away as it started to rain AGAIN!!! I also got a claybar kit today and already finished the hood! It looks and feels fan-flippin' tastic!!!

Simi Valley, CA
Old 12-26-2010, 11:20 PM   #182
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

An old friend united...

Because this is a public blog I won't go into specific detail, but today I had something happen to me that made my life that much more complete. I got to make another check on my "bucket list".

My new "good friend" (Orange Krate), and I took a ride and by chance happened to turn down a long ago traveled street. As I rounded the corner there sitting in a pickup truck was a long time friend I hadn't personally seen in 30 years. I immediately stopped and climbed out of Orange Krate, and walked up to my friend and we hugged each other like long lost siblings.

My friend had a '68 RS 350 Camaro and I had the big brother '69 SS 396 species. We use to cruise all over town and would get together on occasion and spend good times, stories, music and more.

I took a photo of my good friend standing with Orange Krate, and who is probably reading this story now, but I promised I would not post the photo. To my friend I have and will always be true and I do keep my word. But I did want to acknowledge how special this day was and I feel had it not been for Orange Krate it would not have happened.

I played a hunch and it paid off in spades
!!! Happy Trails dear friend.

Simi Valley, CA

Last edited by Orange Krate; 12-27-2010 at 11:45 PM.