Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 09-17-2012, 03:34 PM   #141
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwin320 View Post
If I were you, I'd strongly consider exploring my options under your state's lemon law. http://www.carlemon.com/lemon/LO_law.html
Thanks, I have a pending cases with the BBB and GM. Thank you. I don't want my money back I want to drive a Camaro that is not falling apart. So MANY things are right with this car, the top on the 2011 and the band-aid approach to correcting them is not!!

Louisiana requires 90 days out of service this car is at about 60 now. Twice enough to trigger in almost any other state.
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 03:38 PM   #142
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
Thanks, I have a pending cases with the BBB and GM. Thank you. I don't want my money back I want to drive a Camaro that is not falling apart. So MANY things are right with this car, the top on the 2011 and the band-aid approach to correcting them is not!!
Was the tag in the picture the date of manufacture of the new top they installed? If so it was not the latest design, it was the same as you had before. Add that to the incompetent installers and you have the formula for failure.
Old 09-17-2012, 03:42 PM   #143
tramtwo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Was the tag in the picture the date of manufacture of the new top they installed? If so it was not the latest design, it was the same as you had before. Add that to the incompetent installers and you have the formula for failure.
That tag was located on the head liner, so that was never changed. There are a few spots on it that look like mold to me.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:03 PM   #144
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
That tag was located on the head liner, so that was never changed. There are a few spots on it that look like mold to me.
Oh ok, I was looking at it on my IPod so I couldn't tell what it was attached to.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:23 PM   #145
Edwin320

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 Convertible A10
Quote:

Louisiana requires 90 days out of service this car is at about 60 now. Twice enough to trigger in almost any other state.
Yea I saw that 90 day provision and felt bad for you. Florida is 30 days. I haven't taken my car in yet to address top issues (other than the recall), but I'm going to need to do so in the next couple weeks.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:29 PM   #146
tramtwo

GM has directed me to a new dealership. "The dealership has given you the run around and are giving us the run around too, we don't want you to have to deal with them any more." Small victory for me.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:33 PM   #147
SSTOKED

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Convertible
Wow, was that a Chevy cust service rep that told you that or a GM district manager? Nice to hear they are trying. The sad truth is that the dealer you were using is probably happy to see you go.
Complete rebirth 8/27/2012 (new 6/27/2012 revision top installed, new carpet, new tonneau cover and new third brake light)

MODS:
Solo Performance Exhaust: Axle Back with J-Pipes
SSTOKED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:42 PM   #148
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
GM has directed me to a new dealership. "The dealership has given you the run around and are giving us the run around too, we don't want you to have to deal with them any more." Small victory for me.
Glad to hear it. Do they have a dealer in mind or is it up to you? I wish they would send a flatbed to pick up your car and take it up to Detroit to Rodgers Chevrolet. And drop you off a new ZL1 Vert to use in the mean time
Old 09-17-2012, 08:48 PM   #149
tramtwo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSTOKED View Post
Wow, was that a Chevy cust service rep that told you that or a GM district manager? Nice to hear they are trying. The sad truth is that the dealer you were using is probably happy to see you go.
It is a Gm rep that works with with the mediators
Old 09-17-2012, 10:01 PM   #150
heymatt

Drives: 2012 IBM 2SS Vert.
I've been following a lot of the horror stories on the verts, man that just flat out sucks.
We've been fortunate enough to have dodged the devil top for now. Coming up on a year old, near 7k miles.
Just keep at them to make it right! No more and no less!
Keep the faith and the permagrin!
Old 09-17-2012, 10:08 PM   #151
tramtwo

Thanks. I have been assured that GM will stand behind this top for as long as I own the car... helps. For anyone that has not begun top repairs it has been suggested that you contact Chevy Cust Service and establish a case. Request that the "top" be repaired in the spring. GM continues to work on the alignment issues and the mechanism... as we all know it is not the fabric that is the issue.

Not sure why fabric repairs are being done in the interim if GM intends to stand behind these tops and is working on a more permanent solution.
Old 09-19-2012, 03:37 PM   #152
tramtwo

GM has arranged for me to bring the car to another dealer on Monday. They are going to address the leak and take a look at the damaged items. The weather today in New Orleans is absolutely convertible perfect! 75 degrees and 35% humidity, was hard to not play hookie from work!! I just love setting at a traffic light top down and feeling the envy from people stuck in their boxes. Best feeling I've had about this car in a LONG time.
Old 09-19-2012, 04:22 PM   #153
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
GM has arranged for me to bring the car to another dealer on Monday. They are going to address the leak and take a look at the damaged items. The weather today in New Orleans is absolutely convertible perfect! 75 degrees and 35% humidity, was hard to not play hookie from work!! I just love setting at a traffic light top down and feeling the envy from people stuck in their boxes. Best feeling I've had about this car in a LONG time.
It was chilly here 64 was the high, it was ok with the top down while you were in the sun but get into the shade and it got a little too cold, but i kept the top down anyway. there is nothing like the feel of driving around in a Convertible in beautiful weather..
Good luck with the new dealer.
Old 09-24-2012, 12:37 PM   #154
tramtwo

New Dealership

Dropped the car off today at the GM recommended new dealership. I showed them all the issues and damage caused during the last repair and of course they are going to address the still leaking top.

Was a tad nervous when I showed up to get the rental car this dealership had arranged for me... half expected to see the fbodfather get out with his baseball bat.
Attached Images

Tags
fraying, marks, replacement, top, wrinkles